Odyssey Putters Thread

I always wished my mxm had some face/top line contrast. Well today I was bored and I could not be happier with the results.

01732bab7536d57a4c1a66cc8bcdbdb5.jpg

cb01224ecea58009290e76ce649a0538.jpg

f307a5a97b3718b1d8e32e06f39d6d8e.jpg

717fbe4221169846e032246ee1ef27b3.jpg

b3692d8971de1957f87b299428a5cb53.jpg

Nice work there! I see you changed the paint fill over to blue. Can I ask what you used to remove the yellow paint fill that didn't harm the black finish? Also how did you get the paint fill out around the silver X without messing that up? I have a MXM 2-Ball I want to change over to red once I know I won't ruin the black finish.

Nice work there! I see you changed the paint fill over to blue. Can I ask what you used to remove the yellow paint fill that didn't harm the black finish? Also how did you get the paint fill out around the silver X without messing that up? I have a MXM 2-Ball I want to change over to red once I know I won't ruin the black finish.
I used nail polish remover and one of those things they use at the dentist. The nail polish remover softened the paintfill allowing me to easily scrape out exactly where I wanted. No harm at all to the black finish unless you scrape it really hard (or sand it like I did on the face). Let me know if you have any more questions

Just picked up an old Odyssey Dualforce 662 for $0.50 at a thrift store.. Any way to restore the metal guys?
1328665b81f23f385ebe398d729a3d19.jpg

e020d203485680cb70d552b0c131c563.jpg

25bd7a5a05655780e45323d01e427682.jpg

9b8040e9d971f58b2a559d0840f79af6.jpg

For ddec!

I haven't paint filled it yet but have played with it twice and I am not sure that I am going to. I'll do an alignment line (or all three) but I may just leave the bottom like it is,

This should make Jman happy. I don't have this in my possession yet. Actually, I did, but it needed to be re-done.

putter1_zps0fbd7884.jpg

I promise I will keep a second putter for possible bunker use, hahaha.

So I've got a ponder on the #1 and #1w head shape. What does the #1w bring to the table do to speak? More stability?

So I've got a ponder on the #1 and #1w head shape. What does the #1w bring to the table do to speak? More stability?

The #1w is face balanced while the #1 is the typical plumbers neck 1/4 toe hang. I think the #1w is slightly heavier too, but not positive on that. May depend on the model for the weights. So if you play better with a face balanced putter, that's a better option just because of that.

I wanted a different kind of blade coming from the MXM #1 so I went with #1W. I like the smaller, compact look and versa combined with the white alignment aid is pleasing to my eyes. They're both 350g so if you want more stability then the counterbalanced version is the way to go.

Visually the 1w feels solid. Overall Dell's feels more stable maybe due to weight. Definitely worth a try

Just picked up an old Odyssey Dualforce 662 for $0.50 at a thrift store.. Any way to restore the metal guys?
1328665b81f23f385ebe398d729a3d19.jpg

How about smooth out the nicks with a fine file and fine grit sandpaper, light glass bead blast, then color fill?

I've got a WHP #3 coming. I'm pretty happy about it

The #1w is face balanced while the #1 is the typical plumbers neck 1/4 toe hang. I think the #1w is slightly heavier too, but not positive on that. May depend on the model for the weights. So if you play better with a face balanced putter, that's a better option just because of that.

I wanted a different kind of blade coming from the MXM #1 so I went with #1W. I like the smaller, compact look and versa combined with the white alignment aid is pleasing to my eyes. They're both 350g so if you want more stability then the counterbalanced version is the way to go.

Visually the 1w feels solid. Overall Dell's feels more stable maybe due to weight. Definitely worth a try
Thanks for the thoughts guys. Went to PGA Superstore and rolled putts for about 30 minutes this afternoon. Rolled the #1 and the #1W and a WHP Rossie identical to what I game. The #1W won easily. Just made more putts with it. Have one on the way from Callaway Pre-owned now.

Ponder satisfied. Have two #1w to put to the test to see which I like better. I'm playing 3 rounds Fri - Sun and will have these in play.

IMAG1262_zpsufdo6nmh.jpg

I need a 7ch.

Starting to feel like I'm getting the #9 dialed in. Sets up so nicely for my eye. And I love adjustable weights...will be hard not to try to go for one of the new milled collections as well.

Well since today came and went and some Odyssey players were not using a special edition headcover pretty safe to say we aren't going to be seeing one this year huh?

Ponder satisfied. Have two #1w to put to the test to see which I like better. I'm playing 3 rounds Fri - Sun and will have these in play.

IMAG1262_zpsufdo6nmh.jpg

Nice. The 1W is on my list.

I'm falling in love with my Tank Cruiser 1w. Got the weights dialed in how I want them and I've got more confidence now than I've ever had in my putting game. Starting to see a lot more putts drop and the lag putts are getting closer to the whole.

Purchased an odyssey works #9 and love the feel and how it rolls.

I need a 7ch

Starting to really figure out the Metal X #9 that I picked up from Jlukes and really enjoying rolling this putter.

Finally made it out to the course yesterday afternoon for the first time this year and tried the #1 Metal X that picked up late last year. I putted well with it and it may possibly give my trusty White Steel a run for it's money.

Back