I Didn't Have Fun

Diane

Reaction score
I don't get mad on the golf course no matter how badly I play and trust me - at times - it's bad. I can find something good on almost every hole to be happy about and I enjoy being out there. For some reason last Sunday - I didn't have fun and I can't figure out why. The weather was perfect, the course was in good shape, I was playing with my favorite golf friend and I had a lot of really good shots, but I couldn't wait for the round to end. Anyone else ever feel like this? What do you do?

Yes, some days it's just not there for me. I usually try to finish the round with a few good shots and it will be better the next time.

I have bad days on the course, but the only time I can think of that I am just waiting for the round to end is sometimes when it's backed up and slow. Especially later in the day if sunlight is fading away.

If "just being" on the golf course is not going well, I still keep playing. I might start doing something else besides actual play, like dropping balls and practicing some tougher shots, but I will continue stay for the 18. Once on the course the only thing that will cause me to leave is weather issues associated with electricity.

I played 18 last week that was absolutely terrible. Fat shots, pulled hooks, and few other nasty, errant ball flights were really a surprising downer for me. Still kept playing through the my poor swing issues. Just figured I needed to get this round out of my system. Next day I watched an old video of my swing, then went to the range early and figured out what my problem was. Playing much better now. :D

I wasn't playing badly - just kept thinking of other things I could be doing. I'm not usually so distracted. I think a week off will be good and then a fun tournament next week.

I never feel that way. I don't play enough to ever wish I was somewhere else.

That's not to say I don't get frustrated with my game, however.

Sometimes everything golf is perfect, my game, the weather, the company, and yet, I just don't feel like playing. Most normal people don't always want to be playing golf, in spite of the big part it plays in our lives. It just happens, and it goes away, no biggee. Every day is another day.

I have only felt like that on 2 occasions. Both were when the course was severely backed-up and it was incredibly hot and humid.

I don't get mad on the golf course no matter how badly I play and trust me - at times - it's bad. I can find something good on almost every hole to be happy about and I enjoy being out there. For some reason last Sunday - I didn't have fun and I can't figure out why. The weather was perfect, the course was in good shape, I was playing with my favorite golf friend and I had a lot of really good shots, but I couldn't wait for the round to end. Anyone else ever feel like this? What do you do?

Keep a cupcake in your bag for these types of days. I used to keep a bottle of CC for such occasions, but I've since moved on from that sort of happiness.

Kevin

Keep a cupcake in your bag for these types of days. I used to keep a bottle of CC for such occasions, but I've since moved on from that sort of happiness.

Kevin

Coca Cola?

Sometimes if I am a little tired or whatever it can seem like a real chore to play, those are the days I just have to keep at it to get through it and then after try to forget about it. I know it isn't the golf or being outside, both of those I enjoy a lot. I will usually make sure afterwards that I get enough to eat, drink and enough rest, basic stuff. I will also go right to something else that I can almost always be happy about when I get home, like messing with my fish tanks or doing something with my son like a movie or video games together or whatever. It doesn't happen very often to me, but more than it used to.

I felt this way last Sunday myself. I played bad but it was just one of those days where nothing was going right for me. I just thought about 1000 other things other than golf and I was getting frustrated. I hate when I don't enjoy playing.

Usually I have days like that when the course is slow and I'm just scraping the ball around and trying to get up-and-down a lot. I hope to get good enough that I'd get bored with a round when I'm having a good swing day.

The only time I don't enjoy it is when I have played too many days in a row and my body is just too tired to properly control my swing. Happened last Sunday. I got to the course tired and it went downhill from there. Try as I might, I just could not get any leg drive nor could I turn properly. I struggled to the end and was glad to go home at the end. I laid off this week until today and had a great time today. I didn't score well, but I really enjoyed swinging the club....

Whenever that happens I leave after 9.

That's probably wise. I say I'm going to do that - then I get there and decide to stick it out. On a plus note - I had fun last time and am looking forward to playing on Sunday. I'm going to see my father over Thanksgiving so I may ask him to go to the range with me. He's usually good at figuring out what I'm doing wrong.

Back