Top course you haven't played in your state.

Wake

Reaction score
Handicap
What is the 1 course in your state that you would love to play, but haven't been able to play. Is it a incredibly hard to access private course? Far end of the state and hard to get to? Price to high? Just haven't gotten to it yet.

I cannot and will never get on Augusta National.

I guess for me it'd be The Country Club. I can't see a situation I'd get to play there.

Several, but will start with one that is local and super private, Lochinvar CC.. Honorable mentions would be Colonial CC & Shady Oaks CC

Interlachen, there was a 2% chance this week to play it and it didn't pan out. I could have played it last year possibly but it didn't work out. I would have gone with Hazeltine but they have a public day including a meal and a second round of golf at Chaska town that I'll do eventually.

The state I grew up in, everything in the Hamptons, if I had to pick one it would be Shinnecock. I would love to just walk through that clubhouse and appreciate the history in there. I've been trying for a few years to get on that course and the last contact I had which was a guy who knew a guy, the guy that was a member died.

I've played every top tier course in Iowa as I was really fortunate when I was younger.

I guess in my "area" would be Medinah. Almost had a chance last year but it fell through.

Probably the one locally for me would the the Honors Course. They host enough amateur tournaments that you can volunteer at and get a later play day, so I will probably go that route eventually, but I haven't had the chance yet.

Mirimichi, Gaylord Springs, and TPC Southwind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess for me it'd be The Country Club. I can't see a situation I'd get to play there.

Ditto. I live 2 miles away from it, drive by it all the time, and play the muni that is literally on the other side of the fence from that course. But I can't see any scenario where I will ever play that course.

Either of the Hermitige courses in TN.

so many good ones in S Fl, but in the general area The Floridian, Adios & Pine Tree are at the top of the "want to play" list

Of the top five courses in Georgia, the only one I have NOT played is East Lake. Funny, it's probably the easiest to get on out of that bunch. Just never got an invite.

Now that I've moved to Florida, I see the I've only played one out of the top ten, #9 Back Diamond Ranch. So, he answer there would be Seminole Golf Club since it's number 1.

All our top public courses (Arcadia Bluffs and Forest Dunes) are 4 hours away and/or out of my price range right now. Soon enough though, they will go down.

Cabot Links/Cabot Cliffs

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Valhalla, but I may have a buddy who can get us on. I fell in love with the course after attending the PGA Championship there last August and I would love to get a round in where the pros have played

Karsten Creek/Southern Hills tie.

Augusta, duh. I have the whole friend of a friend of a friend has family that's a member thing going, but I doubt it'll ever pan out.

Augusta National, Cuscowilla, Sea Island Seaside

The brick yard crossing ( where you play 4 holes within the Indianapolis speed way). And the Fort in Fort Wayne Indiana

i promise myself that when I get a more flexible schedule I'm going to drive down and play at least one of these sometime

Prairie Dunes CC in Hutchinson, KS.

As far as public courses, probably Firekeeper is talked about very highly.

Merion for me. And it's a mile from my house. I have a couple ways to possibly play it, but they're all work related. Then Pine Valley even though it's in NJ. Then Oakmont.

Back