Recommendations for Pinehurst trip in late April

NCTraveler8

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all! A few buddies and I are planning a trip to Pinehurst in late April and would like to play 3-4 rounds over 2.5 days. I haven't been there in many years, so I'm not sure what courses are now considered a 'good value'. Even though we are not looking to break the bank, we were thinking we might do one expensive round (perhaps Dormie @ $200ish) and 2-3 rounds at the better value courses ($50-100).

Can anyone offer some recommendations?

Thanks!
icon6.png

Try Tobacco road. A unique course with plenty of challenges.Also try the Legacy.A good design, but not too hard or Talamore Golf resort.You can get some good deals in a golf package from MaplesGolf.com.

Tobacco road first day followed by no. 2 the second...I almost sold my clubs...hahaha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lightningbolt can steer you in the right direction on this.

I have played number 2 and 8 and Dormie and loved all 3 of them!

Lightningbolt can steer you in the right direction on this.

I have played number 2 and 8 and Dormie and loved all 3 of them!

We also played 3 was it????
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never played the resort courses but I've been golfing three times to the area in recent years. Solid mid tier courses imo are Whispering Pines, Deercroft, Legacy, Foxfire, and maybe Southern Pines if you can get a deal. I've got reviews on my blog and pictures if you want the link. Have fun!

Last October a friend and I played Legacy, Deercroft, and both courses at Pinewild for $500 and it included three nights in a hotel. We booked through Tobacco Road golf travel

Do you guys have lodging plans yet?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

No, not yet. Still in planning stages. Any recommendations for lodging. Probably be 6 - 10 guys.

Thanks to all so far for the great recommendations!

We were happy with holiday Inn express, walking distance of chilis, olive garden, and bonefish

No, not yet. Still in planning stages. Any recommendations for lodging. Probably be 6 - 10 guys.

Thanks to all so far for the great recommendations!
At that time of year being peak season for many of the resorts you may save considerable money if you bundle your golf and lodging. Tobacco Road Travel is an option as well as some others out there. They have many course and lodging options depending on the budget and is often cheaper than just paying rack rate at the courses and hotels.

Course wise my favorites are Dormie club, Mid Pines, Tobacco Road they offer a unique experience imo which during destination golf is important for me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I just booked a trip for mid March through legacy golf tours. Rates were very reasonable.

Packages are a very good way to go.Can stay in a 2 or 3 bedroom condo and play some good courses for a lot less than the rack rate of the courses.They will tailor the package for you to include breakfast if desired, your choice of courses and lodging.All you have to do is show up.They will give you some options on courses that may be up charges over the normal package and even help with replay options.

Back