Follow Along & WIN: Golf Channel Amateur Tour Sea Island 2-day Tourney

zbeekner4

Proud 2019 Grandaddy Alum
Reaction score
Handicap
So some of you may know that I play on the Golf Channel Amateur Tour and have since 2013. And next week (January 27th-29th)is one of the "majors," which means it is a 2-day, 36 hole stroke play tournament at Sea Island. Golf Channel puts you in flights based on your tournament handicap, which calculates handicap only in tournaments on the tour. Right now, I am currently holding a 9.1 index, placing me in the "Hogan" flight which is 8.0-11.9 index range.

I'll be updating this thread daily with pictures and such for those of you who'd like to follow along and see what its like to play on the Golf Channel Am Tour! Heres a link to the results page so you can see scores and all: https://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com...thegolfchannel1744/contest/89/leaderboard.htm

Friday morning is a single 18-hole additional (optional) tournament. Typically for all the "majors," [which are held on weekends; 1 round on Sat/1 round on Sunday] Golf Channel will also host an optional friday tournament near the "major's" tournament location but separate from the weekend "major." I will be playing both in the Friday tournament and the "major" tournament. The friday tournament is at the Sea Island - Retreat course, while the major is on the Plantation and Seaside courses (which is host to the RSM Classic).

Schedule: Drive to St. Simons Island Thursday evening. Friday morning: 1 day/18 hole tourney at Retreat course with awards ceremony to follow. Friday afternoon practice round on Seaside/Plantation (depending on which course I play Saturday). Saturday morning: Round 1 of "Sea Island Amateur" either on Plantation or Seaside (pairings released next week) with a potential practice round at the other course in the afternoon. Sunday morning: Round 2 of "Sea Island Amateur" with awards ceremony to follow. Drive back to Atlanta after conclusion.

CONTEST:

HOW TO WIN
: So I figured I'd do a little giveaway to go along with this as well! Reply to this post with your guess of my 3-day total tournament score (Friday's tournament + Saturday and Sunday's Tournament Scores). Retreat is a par 72, Seaside is a par 70, Plantation is a par 72 so guesses should be in the 200's! Entries will need to be in by 11:59pm on Thursday, January 26th. Correct score or closest score wins, Ill do a random drawing if multiple winners!

PRIZE: Prize will be 6 Srixon Z-Star GCAm Tour Logo-ed golf balls, some golf channel tees, a GCAm Tour ball marker, and since Zach Johnson is a Sea Island member and resident, a limited edition Callaway St. Andrews 2015 ball marker where Zach won, and maybe something else depending on how well I play!

Of course, free shipping for Albatross Club members, non-club members just pay for shipping.

JB, please let me know if there are any issues with this, thanks!

Last edited:
Good luck!

Good luck, sounds like a great time.

I will be following along. I love the Sea Island courses and if you haven't played there before I am betting you will love them as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Good Luck. Major Champion has a nice ring. I'll guess 257.

Last edited:
Hell yeah have a great time and play some good golf

Good luck!!

Enjoy and have fun! Will definitely follow along cause I've wanted to play that course for a while

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'll definitely be following along. Play well!

Good luck. Go low.

This is a great idea for a thread!! I'm really looking forward to reading your updates on prep and what you do at the tournament. Good luck!

Best of luck! Scoured the golf channel listings, but didn't find any sign of TV coverage. I guess we're relegated to rooting you on via the interwebs.....

Good luck out there!

Thanks guys! Appreciate all the support! Also, I edited the original post to include a little contest, nothing too fancy but always fun!

Best of luck! Scoured the golf channel listings, but didn't find any sign of TV coverage. I guess we're relegated to rooting you on via the interwebs.....

Haha no tv coverage but if you win? You DO get your name on the GCAMTOUR tab of the Golf Channel ticker the week after the tourney!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the contest entry, I'll say your three day total will be 237. Have fun out there!

Good luck!

Entry edit- 243

Last edited:
Good luck, I'll guess 241

That's pretty awesome beuch! I have been reading up on that Am tour and its sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck in the tourney! How about a 241!

I will be following along. I love the Sea Island courses and if you haven't played there before I am betting you will love them as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nope never played which is terrible cause I'm only 5ish hours away in Atlanta....But im excited especially after watching the RSM in the fall.

My guess is 243. Good luck and have fun!!

Good luck in the tournament! I'll go with 239 for your three day total. Thanks for the contest!

6e0c74e0aefdeb51c9ff43186f9842a0.png

Tee times released today for Saturday's round. Playing at 8:42am on Seaside off #1. (They're running a split tee start)

Good luck, and I'm going with a smooth 260

Back