THP birdie/eagle tree

Well, since the weather has been crap around here for weeks its been hard to get to play any golf. I decided to last friday even though the course was a little wet.

The hole my lone birdie came on was Par 3 #14. They had moved the tees cause they were putting new sod down on all the tee boxes. It was about 95 yards or so.

Hit my wedge solid and it was just left of the flag. Landed a foot past the flag and spin back to about a foot and a half below the hole. Easy peezy lemon squeezy! :)

three birdies today. had two real good looks at eagle and ended with tap in birdies on those. now if i can stop the big numbers and keep 3 birdies a round...

474 yard par 5, slight dog leg right. Driver to 203. 4h to short right. SW to 6 feet and drained the down hill right to left breaker for the birdie.

Had nice birdie today on a par 5. Attempted to get to the green in too but the soggy fairway left my 2nd shot barley get off the ground (5w lay up). I wedged short of the pin from 90 yards and had about 10 feet uphill left. Sank the birdie putt only to find my wife was texting instead of watching!

15th hole yesterday.
Crushed a drive 220 lol.
Had 111 to go nice smooth PW to 6 feet (ball was directly behind pin we thought it went in) made putt for birdie

Only had one yesterday, drive clipped tree on the left, fell in. Second shot off bare dirt with juuust enough backswing room from 181, hit 7i to about 175 and it released to 6 feet. Over two trees to a tucked pin too.

At least I know I've still got it somewhere and it hasn't totally vanished.

Had 1 birdie yesterday. 511 yd par 5, I hit a good drive, 2nd shot was my 3 hybrid which hit the green but rolled off the back. Pitched up to 5 feet and made the birdie putt.

Had a roller coaster round yesterday. 6 birdies, 6 bogeys and 3 doubles....ouch. The best shot from yesterday happened on the 16th, sailed a drive way right, sailed a 6 iron way right of the green, and chipped in from about 40 yards over a bunker. Made two good birdies on the front side par 3's as well, always nice to see a couple 2's on the scorecard.

Had one Friday. 18th hole Par 5, was only playing 430 instead of the usual 480 though. Hit a meh drive 220 into the right side of the fairway. Hit a nice cut 3W that settled above the hole and two putted for bird. First time I've ever birdied that green, it has a diabolical back to front slope that was slower due to rain.

Had one yesterday. Should of had two but missed the putt on the par 3 chance. The birdie I had was a par 5. 3 wood came up short and to the right off the tee but had a really good lay up to about 130 and had a nice PW that ended about 2-3 feet from the hole. 2-3 feet feels harder than 10 for some reason, but it feels really good when they drop

I had 2 birdies on Friday. A 25 foot putt that for some reason, just reading the thing I felt like I was going to make it. The other was a short kick in after a low spinning 56* wedge from 87 yards on #11 that put me at 1 under for the round.
Then the round fell apart.

I don't make a lot of birdies, so I was pleasantly surprised to make two today, back-to-back. The first was on a par 4, which is very rare for me, and the second was on a par 5. Both were GIR + 1-putt.

Long time listener, first time caller. I don't get birdies very often, but had 2 in my round yesterday on holes 6 and 8. Hole 6 is a par 5 and after my drive was pulled into some light trees, I tried to hit a safe layup and it followed the tree line pretty well only to hit a tree and bounce in the middle of the fairway. A 54* into the green left me about 12 feet for birdie and for once in my life I actually sank the putt. Fast forward to number 8, hit a beautiful drive into the fairway and have a 9 iron in, bladed it ever so slightly so it flew a little lower than I wanted, landed front edge of the green and rolled past the hole to about 6 feet. My playing partner joked about getting another stroke back which added to my pressure, but I made that putt as well.

I managed 2 birdies on my last outing, Sunday. Neither came on Hole #7, which remains the only hole on my Home Course that I have not birdied.... a 390 yd, slight dogleg left that continues to frustrate me.

I birdied a par 6 today. I pretty much get one chance a year to do that, and this year it went well.

Hammered Driver - Hammered 3 wood - Hammered Hybrid - two putt from the fringe.

I birdied a par 6 today. I pretty much get one chance a year to do that, and this year it went well.

Hammered Driver - Hammered 3 wood - Hammered Hybrid - two putt from the fringe.

hahaha I approve of this post! But eagle would of been pretty awesome too!

hahaha I approve of this post! But eagle would of been pretty awesome too!

Left it short. I was in the wind the whole way, and hybrid grabbed and stopped instead of bouncing forward onto the green. Tough to put through 12ish feet of sticky bermuda.

Left it short. I was in the wind the whole way, and hybrid grabbed and stopped instead of bouncing forward onto the green. Tough to put through 12ish feet of sticky bermuda.
Next year dude! Well played buddy

Birdied the No. 1 handicap hole, a par 5, today. GIR + 1-putt....

First birdie on par 4 8th hole. Bombed driver. Lob wedge. 10 ft putt.

I had an eagle on Thursday at Reflection Bay in Vegas. 18th hole, 531 Par 5.

Very pretty hole. There's a lake that runs down the right side, and you can cut off the corner if you're aggressive. Wind was behind me, and my match was tied, so I took a big cut and connected. Only had 193 left to the pin (middle of green), and I hit a 7i to about 20'. Drained the eagle putt.

If I were better with my iron game I should have eagled a par 5 yesterday. 515 yard par 5 with a dog leg left. I have trouble hitting the ball right to left and typically play a fade. Hit it dead straight over the trees on the left, missed the fairway by about 5 feet to the left, but only had 160 in. Chunked the iron shot and pitched up to 5 feet after the chunk. Ended up with a birdie, which isn't shabby, but would have liked the eagle chance.

First ever birdie today. Very short par 4, but hit FIR, GIR, and sank a 10 foot putt.

Just like last year, first round of the year tallied 2 birdies. Finished birdie birdie on a par 3 and then drove the green on a par 4 for an easy birdie as well.

End round of the year yielded one birdie. Chip in from 40 feet from off the green on the 2nd hole.... sadly didn't see another birdie for the rest of the day.

Back