Wolf Creek Golf Course- Mesquite Nevada

Nice review. This is on my must list whenever I am in Vegas.

Nice review. This is on my must list whenever I am in Vegas.

It really should be on everyone's. It isn't a terrible drive and it isn't all that expensive compared to other courses around Las Vegas. It took me about an hour from the strip as the speed limit is 75 most of the way

640am??? Please tell me you went from the blackjack tables to the course loaded up on Monster energy drinks? Hehe.... great review buddy.

640am??? Please tell me you went from the blackjack tables to the course loaded up on Monster energy drinks? Hehe.... great review buddy.

Basically haha. Went to bed about 4 and was up at 530

Had the privilege of playing this course 4 or 5 times. It's amazing and a must play for anyone in the area.

Great write up Taylor. I've had this course on my radar for a few years now. I have a work friend who's played there and suggested it to me, and brings it up from time to time. Just based on the pictures that I've seen and the ones you posted here, I know I'd like to play there myself. The course looks like a blast!

Great write up Taylor. I've had this course on my radar for a few years now. I have a work friend who's played there and suggested it to me, and brings it up from time to time. Just based on the pictures that I've seen and the ones you posted here, I know I'd like to play there myself. The course looks like a blast!

Nothing like hitting drives 40-50 yards further due to elevation!

I played the course very early in my playing career (early 200's) when the course first opened. I have not played a better course yet, though it was $180 or slightly more at the time. Everything described is how he said it was, A+++++++!

I'm playing Wolf Creek and a few other courses in Vegas in 9 days so it was great re reading your review. Made me even more excited for my trip which I didn't think was possible.

Played it for $80 at the beginning of June while I was out there for World Series of Poker. I liked it so much I will make an effort to play there every year . One thing Hacker didn't mention is reason u can't hit a ball over 220 yards on the practice range & that's because it would be an FAA regulation as the Mesquite Airport is directly over the net u see in picture of driving range. The only thing I didn't like was the halfway house @7 was closed and there wasn't a cart girl. It's way too hot out there to not have refreshments. I played really, really well. I birdied one after barely missing eagle and birdied 2. It went downhill from there but still had a respectable round. The guy I played with hated the course and thought it was too tricked out which I certainly didn't see. Different strokes I guess. Nice review hacker

I'm playing Wolf Creek and a few other courses in Vegas in 9 days so it was great re reading your review. Made me even more excited for my trip which I didn't think was possible.

Grab a cooler and have a few bottled waters & gatorades in case there's no cart girl IMO. What are the other courses. I've played em all

Grab a cooler and have a few bottled waters & gatorades in case there's no cart girl IMO. What are the other courses. I've played em all

Coyote Springs
The Wolf Paiute
Southshore

I'm potentially going back out early next year to get reflection bay, southern highlands and a few others. I might not get them next year but I will eventually.

When I played there was a cart girl and the halfway house was open. Also cold water on 9 of the 18 holes.

Coyote Springs
The Wolf Paiute
Southshore

I'm potentially going back out early next year to get reflection bay, southern highlands and a few others. I might not get them next year but I will eventually.

You're gonna absolutely love The Wolf at Paiute and Reflexion Bay is in my top 20 courses ever played. It rivals Wolf Creek! South shore is right across from Reflexion Bay and stunning as well. Have a blast & take plenty of balls. I'd also suggest not looking for balls in the rocks at Wolf & wolf creek. To say there's a few snakes would be putting it mildly

Taylor's review of Wolf Creek is spot on. I played out there on Sunday 5/15 with my dad and brothers. The rate had just come down to $135 that day.

Our only "issue" was the pace of play which was due to a foursome who was taking their sweet time, but much less of a concern when you have so much to look at and the marshals were staying on them all day. The staff out there was absolutely top notch, and absolutely friendly from the guy who drove the cart out to the parking lot for us, to the starter, inside staff, marshals, etc. I have never encountered a staff at a destination course that was so welcoming to guests. We chatted with a couple of them while we waited, and one of the marshals bought us a round of drinks on the way to the 15th tee.

As a "bucket list" kind of course, this was an amazing experience and one where your eyes can hardly believe what they are seeing. My dad and I were talking early in the back nine how every hole was as visually appealing as the last, then you reach 14 which is referred to in the yardage book as the most photographed hole and it's just another wow after another. We played in some pretty decent winds (which I'm guessing is fairly common), and it was a solid test even from the white tees. The starter said that even though the card said 5800 yards from the whites that it played more like 6300...which he followed with a quick "Should I describe any further back?"

I shot something like a 96, with more than a few lost balls. The greens were a touch on the slow side for me, but they really weren't sloped ridiculously considering the other terrain. An amazing place to see and experience for sure. I don't know that I would make the 90 minute trek up from Las Vegas very often, but I am thrilled we did as the highlight of this trip.

I'm still sorting through the pictures, but I'll probably add a couple in the next day or so.

Thanks to Taylor for the original review and everyone who has added comments. Really let me have a great idea of what to expect.

I am glad you enjoyed it Donne. It is a true gem.

Yes sir. Great course and glad you enjoyed it!

Taylor's review of Wolf Creek is spot on. I played out there on Sunday 5/15 with my dad and brothers. The rate had just come down to $135 that day.

Our only "issue" was the pace of play which was due to a foursome who was taking their sweet time, but much less of a concern when you have so much to look at and the marshals were staying on them all day. The staff out there was absolutely top notch, and absolutely friendly from the guy who drove the cart out to the parking lot for us, to the starter, inside staff, marshals, etc. I have never encountered a staff at a destination course that was so welcoming to guests. We chatted with a couple of them while we waited, and one of the marshals bought us a round of drinks on the way to the 15th tee.

As a "bucket list" kind of course, this was an amazing experience and one where your eyes can hardly believe what they are seeing. My dad and I were talking early in the back nine how every hole was as visually appealing as the last, then you reach 14 which is referred to in the yardage book as the most photographed hole and it's just another wow after another. We played in some pretty decent winds (which I'm guessing is fairly common), and it was a solid test even from the white tees. The starter said that even though the card said 5800 yards from the whites that it played more like 6300...which he followed with a quick "Should I describe any further back?"

I shot something like a 96, with more than a few lost balls. The greens were a touch on the slow side for me, but they really weren't sloped ridiculously considering the other terrain. An amazing place to see and experience for sure. I don't know that I would make the 90 minute trek up from Las Vegas very often, but I am thrilled we did as the highlight of this trip.

I'm still sorting through the pictures, but I'll probably add a couple in the next day or so.

Thanks to Taylor for the original review and everyone who has added comments. Really let me have a great idea of what to expect.

Heading to Vegas in August and plan on playing this course while I am there. Can't wait.

Resurfacing an oldie but a goodie here. Taylor, again outstanding job on this review. The reason I have bumped such an old thread is because I just made a tee time for Wolf Creek on 3/30. This year is our 20th annual buddies trip we call the BustaBall Classic so we decided to go somewhere exciting and Mesquite won. I absolutely cannot wait to play this track!

Resurfacing an oldie but a goodie here. Taylor, again outstanding job on this review. The reason I have bumped such an old thread is because I just made a tee time for Wolf Creek on 3/30. This year is our 20th annual buddies trip we call the BustaBall Classic so we decided to go somewhere exciting and Mesquite won. I absolutely cannot wait to play this track!

You will love this course. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that looks gorgeous!!!

You're going to love it Jake. Not a course to care about your score on, but just one that is as visually striking and fun as anywhere I've ever been. The staff out there was just awesome also.

You're going to love it Jake. Not a course to care about your score on, but just one that is as visually striking and fun as anywhere I've ever been. The staff out there was just awesome also.
I read your post and I can tell you in what little interaction I've had (just setting up tee time and questions about twilight times/rates) they've been great to deal with. I am super excited, I've wanted to play this course for years!

I tee off in less the two weeks there. Always a fun time

Back