What would you do for this Tee shot ?

I'm aiming for something around 210-220 and laying up short of the bunker. I don't need less than 120 into the hole, so it's not worth the risk. Probably full 4 iron or soft 3 hybrid should be safe for me. At most should leave me ~140 out which is a good 9 iron shot for me.

fwiw hawk, if one played the next forward tee you can minus 30 yards to everything and play from there. Would that give you choice?

In that case, probably would look at hybrid most of the time. I'm sure I'd give driver a go now and then though.

3w to an 8i or 9i distance for me. However, my reason for less than the #1 is not because of the bunker. It's because all the trouble (trees, OB?) is on the left, which is my big miss with the driver.

That bunker is out of play off the tee for me, so drive it down the middle then probably 7i/8i onto the green.

I'd hit driver off the tee, a fade from out towards the treeline left to pass that first bunker.

Play the 150 game when there's trouble right at the yardage I want from my 4 wood. So I'd probably play my 3-hybrid and get about 200-210 off the tee, then an 8 or 9 iron into the green.

3w to an 8i or 9i distance for me. However, my reason for less than the #1 is not because of the bunker. It's because all the trouble (trees, OB?) is on the left, which is my big miss with the driver.

And fwiw to anyone, the crappy stuff between the holes is (when in season) 2 to 3 foot tall fescue. Just for swallowing up any errant shots.

5 iron off the tee to keep it short of the bunker, and a wedge to stick it close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like four wood short of the bunker and eight iron in, I like my chances playing it that way.

Something short of the crap and take my chances with a wedge. No need to even put the crap in play on that short of a hole

Would take dead aim at the bunker and give it a smack. Chances of hitting it are absolutly minimal. Likely to wildly slice, then hack out of the rough over the fairway into the rough on the otherside. Finally get to the fairway, then chunk a gap wedge just short of the green. Then skull the next gap wedge 20 yards over the back. Pitch onto the green, then three putt for a safe 9.

And fwiw to anyone, the crappy stuff between the holes is (when in season) 2 to 3 foot tall fescue. Just for swallowing up any errant shots.

Good to know, though flying greens isn't something I do very often. Coming up short... that's another story:act-up:

Either 3w over the bunker or 4 iron short of it.

Edit: Depending on conditions and how I was hitting my driver, I may try to get it was close to the green as possible.

3 wood OVER the bunker? You play a game that I am not familiar with haha

No use in bringing the bunkers into play. Play short of it, still have a short iron into the green and make par a little easier than trying to blow it past bunkers.

My logic is saying to hit my 20* hybrid off the tee, leaving me a 50 to 52* wedge into the green. However, if I'm playing well I might take a 3 wood up the left side to get me past the first bunker but short of the second one.

Probably 3i short of the bunker, then a PW or GW to the green.

Either 3w over the bunker or 4 iron short of it.

Edit: Depending on conditions and how I was hitting my driver, I may try to get it was close to the green as possible.

I'm taking driver out and driving the green. I bet you wish you could hit the ball as far I do. :alien:

My real play here would be a 4 iron off the tee and then a 8 or 9 iron in.

Its not really much uphill. Just a slight incline but just that it then drops down significantly after those second bunkers and skinny fairway piece.

Ahh. Even so, I'm still probably not reaching it, so I will still hit driver every time.

Would take dead aim at the bunker and give it a smack. Chances of hitting it are absolutly minimal. Likely to wildly slice, then hack out of the rough over the fairway into the rough on the otherside. Finally get to the fairway, then chunk a gap wedge just short of the green. Then skull the next gap wedge 20 yards over the back. Pitch onto the green, then three putt for a safe 9.

hahahaha funny............. but been there, done that. LOL
Fwiw I have been in that very first left side bunker about 150 from the tee after screwing it up a couple or so times. So much for managing ah! LOL

It's a great hole. I can't reach the bunker and my usual playing partners can, so they have to lay up and we're even. For once I'm hitting from the same place as them

3W or Driver depending on wind and tee box; leaving between 60 and 80 yards.

Back