#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

Trying to get a third for second group on Torrey North.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ale, do you have someone else in mind. Even with Ken we still have room for one more. I'm holding off on booking the tee time until I hear back from Ken.

I'd be interested, just having moved here if you can't find anyone. I'd have to get my game in order though!

Ken, I sent you a PM. It'd be great to have you come out and tee it up with us. Don't worry about getting the game in order, you know playing with THPer's isn't about how well you shoot. It's gonna be a blast. Let me know what you're thinking buddy.

Ale, do you have someone else in mind. Even with Ken we still have room for one more. I'm holding off on booking the tee time until I hear back from Ken.

Ken, I sent you a PM. It'd be great to have you come out and tee it up with us. Don't worry about getting the game in order, you know playing with THPer's isn't about how well you shoot. It's gonna be a blast. Let me know what you're thinking buddy.
Looks like Ken lives in San Diego, so may want to have him book in order to get the cheaper fee! If he's willing of course

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That would be great if he was up for that Ski.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I can try, I literally just moved here last week though so I don't have the residents card yet, I'll see about getting it though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I can try, I literally just moved here last week though so I don't have the residents card yet, I'll see about getting it though

If you get a residents card and want to book, I'd be in. I'm sure you have a lot on your plate having just moved a week ago so don't worry about it if you can't. It's only $13 more booking fee for a non-resident. If you were thinking about getting one that's great and you can let me know but don't feel at all like you have to do it.

If you get a residents card and want to book, I'd be in. I'm sure you have a lot on your plate having just moved a week ago so don't worry about it if you can't. It's only $13 more booking fee for a non-resident. If you were thinking about getting one that's great and you can let me know but don't feel at all like you have to do it.

Yup just figured I'd suggest it. Like STC said, it's only a $13 difference.

Officially book the tee time at Torrey Pines North on Saturday. We're in the group right behind you guys at 7:37 AM. I booked it for 3. Ale, if you know anyone else who would potentially want in as a single just tell them to book the final slot of the 7:37 group. Looking forward to an awesome 36 holes of golf at Torrey Pines with a brand new, custom made PX shaft in the driver!

Officially book the tee time at Torrey Pines North on Saturday. We're in the group right behind you guys at 7:37 AM. I booked it for 3. Ale, if you know anyone else who would potentially want in as a single just tell them to book the final slot of the 7:37 group. Looking forward to an awesome 36 holes of golf at Torrey Pines with a brand new, custom made PX shaft in the driver!
Hell yeah! 36 at Torrey, what a freaking day that will be!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thanks Barry. I might get a chance to call them first though, so I'll let you know if I do. Embassy Suites La Jolla right?

EDIT: BTW is the $227 you found just the AAA rate for 2 guests?

Sooo...completely blanked on this this weekend. Sorry guys. Lol

Hoping to get a chance at lunch today, if so I will update everyone. Definitely hoping for rollaways so we can all get away a little cheaper.

Sooo...completely blanked on this this weekend. Sorry guys. Lol

Hoping to get a chance at lunch today, if so I will update everyone. Definitely hoping for rollaways so we can all get away a little cheaper.

10-4 for that. It's not like we'll be in the rooms for very long over the weekend with super early tee times and having to get to PX at 8.

I am thinking after JB visits PX this up coming week we will be getting the test shafts pretty soon after :)

I am thinking after JB visits PX this up coming week we will be getting the test shafts pretty soon after :)

They're only an hour and a half from me. It's like looking at a candy shop and not having any cash on you. So close....

They're only an hour and a half from me. It's like looking at a candy shop and not having any cash on you. So close....

I wish golf cost the same as candy. I would have a lot of cavities.

If we can get rollaways, that'd be great. That'll really cut down on the costs a good bit.

OK so here's the deal. In a 2 double bed suite, they do NOT allow rollaways due to the fire code. So in order to sleep 4 people, 2 people would have to get cozy or one of our people driving in would have to bring an air mattress or something. The 1 king suite does allow a rollaway for an additional $20, but that doesn't really help us.

Sounds to me like we might have to have Barry, Courtney, and somebody split the suite 3 ways, and get 2 standard rooms somewhere else that hopefully approach the per person cost. I can start taking a look at options. Unless either Dave or Mike happen to have an air mattress on hand that they want to throw in the car.

Thoughts gents?

I have an air matress

That's the cheapest way to go with the air mattress. I don't mind crowding in a bit. For the most it'll be for 2 nights with the most people and thin out Saturday night.

Good deal. Let's get everybody's buy in first, but assuming everyone is cool, I will book another 2 double bed suite at the Embassy.

Good deal. Let's get everybody's buy in first, but assuming everyone is cool, I will book another 2 double bed suite at the Embassy.

Sounds good. To summarize, we need rooms Weds-Sunday for me, Barry, Ryan, and Tim. (Barry and I are already booked for the Embassy. He called dibs on the pullout sofa and I'll have one of the double beds, so that leaves 1 double bed open)

Awk needs Weds-Sat and Dave Weds-Fri. I can't seem to find if James needs Weds-Sat or Weds-Fri (might have to PM him since I haven't seen him on here in a bit).

Looks like we would have everything covered with 2 Embassy rooms if someone is willing to go air mattress or if 2 guys wanna share sleeping space (I'm sure you are all awesome, but I'm out on that one).

However y'all want to do things is all good by me. Just wanted to put a summary up for reference.

Last edited:
I am in. Wed and Thurs nights only. I can bring an air mattress when I come.
Thanks for taking care of this!! Looking forward to this event!!

I am in. Wed and Thurs nights only. I can bring an air mattress when I come.
Thanks for taking care of this!! Looking forward to this event!!

Thanks for the response man! So now we just need Jman's blessing and I can go ahead and get the 2nd suite on the books.

You can mark me down for Air Matress Thur-Fri

Awk, are you staying Wednesday night or just Thurs?

I will driving in early Thursday morning for the first day. So I will meet you guys at PX HQ

I will driving in early Thursday morning for the first day. So I will meet you guys at PX HQ

Cool cool. Definitely makes the most sense to let you do the air mattress over Dave since he's staying 2 nights, but that's completely up to you guys.

Back