I200 or Apex CF16's?

The CF16's are great clubs...They just don't work for me...

I am really into distance control with my irons. I just cannot feel comfortable with the distances I hit these. No consistency for me at all...Besides this..they feel great! I have always been a Ping man and I am anxious to get back into a set of Pings...

My CF16's have KBS CTaper Lite 110g stiff shafts...right now when I miss I push the shots right...not even a fade...just a straight push. When i was fitted i was told I needed a 3* upright adjustment.

I am leaning hard to just getting a brand new set that has been fitted properly instead of adjusting my current set of Apex's.

Keep in mind that if you get a new set of CF16s, the only thing that's going to happen is that Callaway will bend them upright. Same thing as if you sent your current clubs to Callaway for adjustment.

No sir. The easiest way to view it is to look at it like this. If I hand you two different drivers, both 10 degrees, they will not launch the ball the exact same way. One could fly significantly higher than the other at impact. Irons are no different. Loft is adjusted by some to counteract it. Just as many modern day irons feature much lower spin than other models due to thinner faces. To counteract this, they add much more weight, low and back (see hybrids as an easy example) and are able to reduce the loft to create more distance without any sacrifice to ball flight.

Exactly.

For the sake of the discussion, I think its important to remember there is a LOT more to it than just the loft. Launch angles of the clubs dictate the lofts they are designed to, not the other way around.

Not arguing, just putting the information out there.

No sir. The easiest way to view it is to look at it like this. If I hand you two different drivers, both 10 degrees, they will not launch the ball the exact same way. One could fly significantly higher than the other at impact. Irons are no different. Loft is adjusted by some to counteract it. Just as many modern day irons feature much lower spin than other models due to thinner faces. To counteract this, they add much more weight, low and back (see hybrids as an easy example) and are able to reduce the loft to create more distance without any sacrifice to ball flight.

I like these posts. Well said.

Keep in mind that if you get a new set of CF16s, the only thing that's going to happen is that Callaway will bend them upright. Same thing as if you sent your current clubs to Callaway for adjustment.

With that in mind it might just be worthwhile to do that and keep the sticks I know....then go with the I200's...which I dont.

I have the Apex CF 16 combo set and are considering a change of which these 1200s are in the mix. I have x95 reg shafts in them, I find them to be a good club but i get too many shots which come out too hot especially in the 7 and above irons ( the CF16s part of the combo). The easy solution is to shoot the indian not the arrow but basically i am looking to get into an iron that goes a certain yardage if you put a good swing on it and from what ive been told by the local pro here these are well worth trying out in that regard.. The topic of strong lofts, spin and holding greens is one i need to read up on.

Part of that is because the Apex are going to be lower spin than that of the i200.

You sure???
How about the I200 with the Power loft option?

Thinking of listing my Apex Cf16's. Half a season on them...small bag chatter, otherwise great condition. 4-AW KBS Ctaper Lite 110g stiff shafts.....worth trading in towards the I200's?

love to get some feedback from some real golfers lol.

Not worth trading for the I200's but the Srixon 765's or a 765/565 would be an upgrade. I played 6 demo rounds with a set of CF16's and the Srixon's before buying. IMO, The Srixon's have better turf interaction and are more forgiving on misses, especially thin and/or off the toe.

Apex CF16. Forged face cup technology. Great irons!

You sure???

You'll drop spin, but I think you'll see an even bigger difference in launch between the clubs. The Apex, while low spin, launch quite high for an iron that size, so you get good stopping power on the other end even with the decrease in spin.

You sure???

Yes, I am sure.
As mentioned previously, there is much more to spin and launch than the loft on the club. The CF16 has a thinner face and far thinner in the longer irons where they incorporated Face Cup into them. To accomplish this, the irons added more weight back and low and changed the the styling of the sole of the club to have the iron launch higher.

With that in mind it might just be worthwhile to do that and keep the sticks I know....then go with the I200's...which I dont.

I agree with what you are saying. Have the clubs adjusted take some time to accustomed to the feel and lie of the club. If they don't perform you still have other options.

I vote keep them. They are phenomenal iron those Apex's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a chance today to go back to my local Dick's Sporting Goods to hit the i200, the Apex CF 16 and the Apex Pro. Not the same animals. Spin today was the same for me on the i200 and the CF16, and higher on the Pro as expected. Distances and launch was higher for me on the Apex. I can see a reason to make a change at this point. If buying new I would probably still go with the Apex CF 16. I200 is a very good iron, but I personally get more from the other. The Pro and the i200 had the same distance during today's swings.

Had a chance yesterday to hit these outside and compare to my existing CF16's...Settled on N.S. Modus 105 shaft...My CF16 have Recoils...Found the spin rate to be almost exactly the same in the high 6000's with a 7 iron...Launch angle was a bit higher with the I200..I think id I get the power loft option it will come down a little in the mid iron...the biggest improvement for me was the dispersion..went from 24 wide to 11....BIG difference...Good to get out and compare..All clubs vary per golfer using them...

Had a chance yesterday to hit these outside and compare to my existing CF16's...Settled on N.S. Modus 105 shaft...My CF16 have Recoils...Found the spin rate to be almost exactly the same in the high 6000's with a 7 iron...Launch angle was a bit higher with the I200..I think id I get the power loft option it will come down a little in the mid iron...the biggest improvement for me was the dispersion..went from 24 wide to 11....BIG difference...Good to get out and compare..All clubs vary per golfer using them...

That's great that you liked them. Always fun having something you love. I disagree a bit on the science and tech aspect, as physical perimeters don't change, but that is neither here nor there and not the place for it.

That's great that you liked them. Always fun having something you love. I disagree a bit on the science and tech aspect, as physical perimeters don't change, but that is neither here nor there and not the place for it.

Your response made no sense. You disagree on the science and Tech; but this isn't the place for it?

Getting a chance to actually hit the I200'S nxt weekend so i can do an actual side by side testing

Looking forward to seeing your results..

Back