What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 46/43 on a COLD, uncomfortable morning today. I hope this is it for the cold weather! The score does not reflect how lousy I was hitting the ball. The only good thing was our threesome finished 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours. Time for some warm weather to come our way.

44/47 91. Had a brutal bunker experience, needing 5 swings to get out of one because the ball was embedded in a wall, then three out of another bunker and two out of a third bunker.
11/18 GIR. One lost ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the last round (started with 5 bogies) I wanted to get a solid start. Mission accomplished with a 37, one over on the front nine. Then, dang it! It got ugly with 8 over through the next seven holes. GIR-seven on the front, one on the back, yup, LOST IT. 81 (37, 44)

Lackluster start but strong finish today.
Bogey on the first and 4th with a couple of pars between, birdied #9
Bogey, double, par, bogey to start off the back but birdied 2 of the last 4 to salvage the round.
Shot 75
37 Front with 2 bogies, 1 birdie, 6 pars
38 back with 2 bogies, a double, 2 birdies and 4 pars

Shot a 52. Best for this year so far, had 2 pars 1 bogey, 4 doubles, and some holes i don't really want to talk about

39/39 for 78, greens killed me, sand dunes on them AND they haven't been mowed now. Just couldn't get the ball to the hole. Hit 11 of 14 fairways and 13 of 18 greens, iron and wedge swing is just in suuuuuuch a good place right now.

44/47 91. Had a brutal bunker experience, needing 5 swings to get out of one because the ball was embedded in a wall, then three out of another bunker and two out of a third bunker.
11/18 GIR. One lost ball.

I one upped you in the bunkers.

Started with a par on 1 and 2.

Tee shot into a bunker on 3.
8 shots to get out.
The first one was legit hard (ball was buried, but also sitting on the hill, and I couldn't stand on it bc it was so steep).
But, after that first miss, I'm not sure what happened. The ball was no longer buried, but I didn't even come close to getting out. I don't think the ball moved more than 6" on any of my out attempts.

Thats how you ruin a promising round!

Finished with a 51/46-97.

Good day today, 39-37 +4 76. I had at least 6 putts lip out today, 3 or 4 for birdie and a couple to save par. 4 rounds in a row now in the 70's.

After putting 2 new clubs in my bag I went out and shot a 76. Which included my first ever 9 holes under par at -1.
This is outstanding for me. I attribute ALOT of that to my newly acquired Big Bertha Driver. I hit a little over 50% of fairways but most that missed were just off and I didn't lose a ball or have a penalty stroke. I can't believe how well I was hitting it, the sliding weight just absolutely works for me.
I was consistently drawing my drives which I never do.

Shot 45. Which is pretty bad on the one hand, but struck the ball probably better than I have in a long time, which is good...but I was playing my miss and then not hitting my miss. Lots of misses to the left off the tee, and lots of misses long with my irons.

I can't wait to start playing where I make good alignment and club choices!

What did you shoot today?

Not good - 86. - 45/41. Weirdest course I can remember - hit it down the middle find it in the rough behind a tree. Wasn't a bad ball striking day, just had no idea where to hit the ball.

Not good - 86. - 45/41. Weirdest course I can remember - hit it down the middle find it in the rough behind a tree. Wasn't a bad ball striking day, just had no idea where to hit the ball.
I hate those tracks with a passion.

went out after the rain today 5 pars and 4 bogies , ball striking was awesome for the 2nd time out this yr , tried to get to cute with a couple shots that led to 2 bogies very happy though

Big time finish today!!! Had a couple other great birdie looks just couldn't get the ball to drop..

56b697e2f7d957d15b8da70ac4328eab.jpg

Big time finish today!!! Had a couple other great birdie looks just couldn't get the ball to drop..

Great eagle to finish it off with Dan, well done.

I had an all time first for me today. On the front nine I have 1 bogey and one birdie for an even par 36. Back nine 2 bogeys for a 2 over 38. 74 total, which is my best score ever and the first time I've been even par after nine holes. I also only had 25 putts through 18 holes.

Now that's how you finish!

I had an all time first for me today. On the front nine I have 1 bogey and one birdie for an even par 36. Back nine 2 bogeys for a 2 over 38. 74 total, which is my best score ever and the first time I've been even par after nine holes. I also only had 25 putts through 18 holes.

That's good shooting!

Got out for 9 last night. It was sloooooooooooow. We got off late and had to convince the two twosomes waiting on the third tee to join up to help speed things along. Finished just as it was getting dark, couldn't even see where my second shot on the last hole ended up. Shot a 42 with a double and a birdie. I can't string together a good full round in the low 80s, but my index keeps dropping because of these decent 9s im posting.

5a0rd2.jpg

Played today. Bad start, a few blow up holes, lost 4 balls. 92.

Round No. 5: 46 + 46 = 92 with 41 putts.

48-48: 96 in a tournament from the tips (too long for me even without my bad shoulder).

When Pete Dye dies I hope his punishment is having to play his designs for eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back