Playstation 4 & PS4 Games

I wish I had a clue of what everyone is talking about lol

apparently professional gamers is a real thing. I guess our boys have a chance after all!

I think this is the year that 2014 was supposed to be. So many great games coming soon

^^^^that looks awesome.

speaking of COD...anyone up for some COD this evening?

Wow, I know EA Sports built the new PGA Tour game from the ground up, but to only have 7 real life courses (8 if you pre-order) is pretty damn embarrassing.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/06/17/rory-mcilroy-pga-tour-has-startingly-few-courses-and-golfers

Recently, the promotion of Rory McIlroy PGA Tour started to put off vibe similar to how NHL 15 had been handled by EA Sports. The level of content was notably being shielded, the most prominent of which has been related to the licensing of courses and golfers. Now Operation Sports has learned the extent of both and it’s clear why EA had been hiding it.

There are only 8 licensed courses included in the game. Additionally there’s one that is available only to those that pre-order. There are only 12 real golfers on the roster.

Courses
TPC Sawgrass
TPC Boston
St. Andrews
Whistling Straits
Bay Hill
Royal Troon
Wolf Creek
Chambers Bay
TPC Scottsdale (pre-order bonus)

Roster
Rory McIlroy
Jordan Spieth
Miguel Angel Jimenez
Ian Poulter
Hunter Mahan
Brandt Snedeker
Keegan Bradley
Rickie Fowler
Jonas Blixt
Jason Dufner
Patrick Rodgers
Martin Kaymer

There are also a few fantasy courses and made up characters. But that list is embarrassing. One has to assume they’ll be rolling out new courses and golfers as paid downloadable content. Whether or not they actually “held them back” for DLC will be irrelevant. That will be the perception consumers have, and plenty of damage has been done over the years to the (previously Tiger Woods) franchise related to DLC practices.

So then what does McIlroy offer over the cheaper The Golf Club? A more involved online experience and, I suppose, the “casual-attractions” like fantasy courses and the Night Club Challenge. The game was already a much tougher sell for EA Sports after losing Tiger Woods and The Masters and it’s questionable whether that “casual” crowd, that might buy an arcade golfing game, would ever have interest in one that is trying to appeal to both the sim and arcade seeking consumers but providing limited content to both.

God I hate EA's stinking guts.

Super jumps are stupid. That radar is nuts too. Wall jumping? Hey Mirror's Edge meets gunplay hahaha!

I'm optimistic.

It is much less than Advanced Warfare. TMARTN talks about how quickly the "charge" for these jumps runs out so that is exciting

Wow, I know EA Sports built the new PGA Tour game from the ground up, but to only have 7 real life courses (8 if you pre-order) is pretty damn embarrassing.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/06/17/rory-mcilroy-pga-tour-has-startingly-few-courses-and-golfers

Recently, the promotion of Rory McIlroy PGA Tour started to put off vibe similar to how NHL 15 had been handled by EA Sports. The level of content was notably being shielded, the most prominent of which has been related to the licensing of courses and golfers. Now Operation Sports has learned the extent of both and it’s clear why EA had been hiding it.

There are only 8 licensed courses included in the game. Additionally there’s one that is available only to those that pre-order. There are only 12 real golfers on the roster.

Courses
TPC Sawgrass
TPC Boston
St. Andrews
Whistling Straits
Bay Hill
Royal Troon
Wolf Creek
Chambers Bay
TPC Scottsdale (pre-order bonus)

Roster
Rory McIlroy
Jordan Spieth
Miguel Angel Jimenez
Ian Poulter
Hunter Mahan
Brandt Snedeker
Keegan Bradley
Rickie Fowler
Jonas Blixt
Jason Dufner
Patrick Rodgers
Martin Kaymer

There are also a few fantasy courses and made up characters. But that list is embarrassing. One has to assume they’ll be rolling out new courses and golfers as paid downloadable content. Whether or not they actually “held them back” for DLC will be irrelevant. That will be the perception consumers have, and plenty of damage has been done over the years to the (previously Tiger Woods) franchise related to DLC practices.

So then what does McIlroy offer over the cheaper The Golf Club? A more involved online experience and, I suppose, the “casual-attractions” like fantasy courses and the Night Club Challenge. The game was already a much tougher sell for EA Sports after losing Tiger Woods and The Masters and it’s questionable whether that “casual” crowd, that might buy an arcade golfing game, would ever have interest in one that is trying to appeal to both the sim and arcade seeking consumers but providing limited content to both.

Good thing they took a year off. What a joke!!!

I'll probably buy the game, but like NHL, it'll be the last golf game I buy from EA until they get their act together.

I am going to wait until the price drops big time. No way that 7 courses is worth $60. How the hell can you do a career mode with 7 courses?!?

And I am sure there will be a huge lack of official equipment in the game as well

Man I'm glad I canned that preorder. I hope that game bombs out of spite for that kinda BS

I am buying it because I want real courses, but I am thoroughly disappointed in the amount included.

Good thing they took a year off. What a joke!!!

I'll probably buy the game, but like NHL, it'll be the last golf game I buy from EA until they get their act together.

so sad. What a joke. I'll still probably buy it down the line because I want a golf game. But I mean seriously? Took a year off, delayed launch, and still this is the garbage we get?

I am going to wait until the price drops big time. No way that 7 courses is worth $60. How the hell can you do a career mode with 7 courses?!?

And I am sure there will be a huge lack of official equipment in the game as well

Masters, US Open, and PGA Championship this year will all be played at Chamber's Bay!

so sad. What a joke. I'll still probably buy it down the line because I want a golf game. But I mean seriously? Took a year off, delayed launch, and still this is the garbage we get?

Its what I classify as "piss ignorant"

oddly enough, if the 8th course was Augusta I'd be happy haha

So much this

You missed some good hit markers in COD last night :p

I played the Metal Gear solid game that was free this month and then watched basketball. I expect to be on for some gaming at some point this week now that the NHL and NBA finals are over.

So pathetic. Glad I never preordered. I think what bothers me is that they give you courses that have been in the game for so long. Career mode is a waste with so little courses. Screw EA

So pathetic. Glad I never preordered. I think what bothers me is that they give you courses that have been in the game for so long. Career mode is a waste with so little courses. Screw EA

how about if you pre-order you can get TPC Scottsdale. That course has been around FOREVER

Back