Your Putting from 10 Feet?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's say your iron striking was incredible on the golf course and you hit every single green in regulation and all land at exactly 10 feet from the pin. You won't have all up hill or down hill and the break will be different on each hole, but every putt will be 10 feet.

How many do you think you one putt for birdie?

I would say somewhere in the 5-7 neighborhood.

If I'm having a good putting day I'm guessing 6, if I'm off I would say 2.

4 or 5 maybe. I would hope I could get a few more but this number seems reasonable.

7 would be good, but my putting is pretty hot since the new super stroke so maybe 9

2 maybe 3

Last edited:
Kinda remember a PGA stat from a while back putting them somewhere in the range of 35-40% at 10'.

Considering they generally play speedier and perhaps tougher greens, I'd still say that 5 for me would be very optimistic. Probably more realistic to expect 3 or so.

Based purely on my stats, I'll make zero. I average 1.9 putts per hole. But I would say I'd be good for 4 if given 18 chances.

3 or 4 maybe.

funny what pressure does to the head. I would make many more for par and even more for bogey than I would for bird. lol
But I don't know my 10' putt stats per say but when my putter is on I would be confident to make a few and when its not maybe not any. I tend to make longer putts when my putting is working well. Its actually the shorter ones (like 5 feet) I end up having mental farts with..lol But again its (to me) a pressure thing.

I'll take a stab at 3-4 if all have different breaks.

Your Putting from 10 Feet?

On the internet? 7
My home course? 5
THP event? 1

I'd say 6 out of 18 but if I get hot it could be a lot better. I had a round last summer where I had 12 one putts and no 3 putts so 24 putts in total. Too many of those one putts were for par though so didn't score as well as I should have given the putting.

Out of 18 hmm

Maybe 4

Probably in the neighborhood of 2-3. I'd probably find a way to 3 put one or two as well lol

I think right now 50% but move it in the 4-5 ft and I would say 3-4 big mental problem with that length currently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'll say 4 or 5. Generally a pretty solid putter in that distance range.

2-3 at most!

2 or 3 on a god day

My guess is I'd make 4 to 6 of them and the 12 to 14 I missed would stick in my craw way more than the ones I made.

Probably zero!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say I luck up and drain 2 or 3 of them.

Back