Shooting at a military recruitment center in Chattanooga

While I agree that the Middle East ideology/clan wars have been going on well before the USA was even a country, it still doesn't negate the fact that we are in their crosshairs.

The "Arab Spring" was more of a by-product of us letting Mubarek hang out to dry and let the people of Egypt control their democratic fate. We all knew what a POS Mubarek was, but he was out POS and he kept the region fairly peaceful. We knew the Muslim Brotherhood would jump right into control and yet let it happen.

Lybia is/was the same way. Gaddafi was a shell of his former self and in control benefited the region and our interests. We controlled him.

I say all of this only because I agree that on some levels we can't fight every "up start radical Muslim group", but we can send a message that we are not to be messed with. We beat a few of them down and dismantle their operations where anyone else will think twice about attacking is domestically or on foreign soil.

The fact that these groups are brazen enough to attack us proves this administration has left us as vulnerable as we have ever been. What I hate the most is that We've exposed Israel in the region, basically armed our most hated enemy with nuclear capabilities, allowed other countries to begin selling them military assets and ensured at some point WWIII will break out in the region.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but sitting back and doing nothing isn't an option because it's the reason we are in the position we are in.

Exactly. Ghaddifi was actual on our side but there was still a divide in the country and because of U.S goals in the region with Syria and others they wanted/needed to get him out and were provided the "rebels" with the weapons needed. Also plays into the "cover up" of what was going on around Benghazi and why little to nothing was done to help the ambassador and staff.

Our goal of "world peace" isn't working out to great and our lack of leadership and projected force only encourages more of this activity because those in charge believe our exceptionalism and long standing of forward deploy force and interjecting into others problems is why the world is messed up.

We have turned our enemies into so called friends and our friends are becoming our enemies. The goal of world peace is turning into the forthcoming of a large war that will not end good for anyone.

I'm not trying to be insulting. But roaches, termites and insects are not the same as religious fundamentalist terrorists.

Honest question, did you have these same feelings when a young man shot and killed 9 people because of their skin color? That was an act of terrorism just like this was.
Well, why not? If he was portraying himself as a follower/member of some society inside our borders, then those groups should be put on watch lists and be monitored heavily. Hate groups are on 'lists', I'm sure, but honestly, most of the hate killings I've seen lately weren't the KKK or anything, it was the opposite, actually, which I won't get into outside of the debate room. Let's just say it's a big list of murders not covered by mainstream media that leans left, i.e. 90% of them.

I'm on board with everything you're saying here. I was just expanding on the Muslim faith. That by in large, the faith is peaceful. But we only hear about the radicalized minority. There has been outcry from leaders in the Muslim world. That was my point.
Well then, until that peaceful majority stands up in full and total solidarity, with parades and speeches from mountain tops, decrying this radical attitude, they are only enablers and their true intentions should be in question. Again, outside of the debate room, I'll stop there, but I could compare the situation here with the catholic church and a few 'rogue' priests doing harm.

All handgun rounds are terrible.

If you're going to carry, carry the biggest caliber you're capable of shooting accurately and comfortably. Train, train and train some more. Tissue damage is what stops threats. Most people can't hit the T, so you want to make as big a hole as possible creating a wound cavity affecting the largest area, to allow for more rapid blood loss.:D

That being said, a .22 is better than a sharpened stick.

I heard tell that some folks are good enough to pop a cop's car with a golf ball from 150 yards out, over tall trees and through gail force winds... :alien:

I heard tell that some folks are good enough to pop a cop's car with a golf ball from 150 yards out, over tall trees and through gail force winds... :alien:

Only the most skilled operators could pull off that kind of shot.

Only when I'm aiming elsewhere.

sorry to continue the derail!!

Last edited:
Okay guys, we really need to move the chat about guns to elsewhere. Thanks.

Sad, may whatever deity those soldiers believe I'm bless them and bring them safely to the afterlife.

Now if only our leader (in name) step up and do something, the Brits have been wrecking ISIS since the attacks on their citizens as a result ISIS has moved onto easier targets unfortunately that's us in part.

As for gun talk, there is a gun thread in the debate room, and a 2nd amendment thread there as well.

I just hope that the administration doesn't try to come up with some bogus scenario like "work place violence". As far as I'm concerned, these marines died in the service to their country and were killed by an enemy combatant. Accordingly, they deserve the highest recognition and their families deserve the maximum benefits available.

The one was a two tour vet and had a purple heart.

I just hope that the administration doesn't try to come up with some bogus scenario like "work place violence". As far as I'm concerned, these marines died in the service to their country and were killed by an enemy combatant. Accordingly, they deserve the highest recognition and their families deserve the maximum benefits available.

Will be classified as a lone wolf and no mention of radical Islam or terrorist...lone wolf makes it seem like it's not related to threat that is present.

Will be classified as a lone wolf and no mention of radical Islam or terrorist...lone wolf makes it seem like it's not related to threat that is present.

I don't think there is any way that they can. Blogs were found on a website from him that were very clear in his Muslim beliefs and made a few mentions glorifying jihad.

Also, it's super awesome to hear about Obama taking a little vacation this week and going to partake of some Broadway entertainment, while completely ignoring the incident that just took place. I guess our country's marines don't warrant an appearance and a verse of Amazing Grace from Mr. Prez. That man is an ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there is any way that they can. Blogs were found on a website from him that were very clear in his Muslim beliefs and made a few mentions glorifying jihad.

Also, it's super awesome to hear about Obama taking a little vacation this week and going to partake of some Broadway entertainment, while completely ignoring the incident that just took place. I guess our country's marines don't warrant an appearance and a verse of Amazing Grace from Mr. Prez. That man is an ass.

Apparently #militarylivesdontmatter.

You know as well as I do they will ignore all that and do what they can to make it about him and nothing to do with faith or ties to any organization. FBI already saying no ties to isis.

Not it the first time el presidente took off for some campaigning and fun after an incident that didn't meet his violence agenda.

You know as well as I do they will ignore all that and do what they can to make it about him and nothing to do with faith or ties to any organization. FBI already saying no ties to isis.

Not it the first time el presidente took off for some campaigning and fun after an incident that didn't meet his violence agenda.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...7/17/chattanooga-shooter-blogged-about-jihad/
He may or may not have had ties to ISIS, but this was driven by radical ideas of Islam. To say it wasn't a terrorist attack is to spit in the face of every single person who was affected by this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...7/17/chattanooga-shooter-blogged-about-jihad/
He may or may not have had ties to ISIS, but this was driven by radical ideas of Islam. To say it wasn't a terrorist attack is to spit in the face of every single person who was affected by this.

Ft Hood was workplace violence, for this administration to say its terrorism goes against their rhetoric of AQ on the run, iSIS isn't a threat bc they at JV and after that was proven wrong they aren't a threat here and our biggest threat are lone wolves. I agree it's a slap in the face if they don't say it was a terrorist attack but the actions of a certain resident of DC today shows how much military lives don't matter

I love to slam the current administration as much as the next guy, but I haven't seen anyone say it wasn't terrorism.

Terrorism: : the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal

Legitimate question - is there any actual difference in anything in this case if there is an official designation of terrorism or not as far as the victims families are concerned? As someone local to this, I don't find myself caring about a label in the scope of the overall tragedy.

Not sure if it's in this thread, I've been reading it but don't feel like rereading, the sailor that was injured during this act of terrorism has died.

And on top of that have learned that good oh Westboro is coming to town to protest. This is a cage they don't want to rattle

Legitimate question - is there any actual difference in anything in this case if there is an official designation of terrorism or not as far as the victims families are concerned? As someone local to this, I don't find myself caring about a label in the scope of the overall tragedy.
No, it probably doesn't matter to these families now.

But I fear we are in the midst of different times - we've had any number of domestic terrorist incidents, as have many/most of our allies, but the admin seems intent on minimizing the attacks, or at least their motivation. In my opinion, being honest about what is happening is important. It is the first step in addressing the problem and preventing future attacks.

But I fear we are in the midst of different times - we've had any number of domestic terrorist incidents, as have many/most of our allies, but the admin seems intent on minimizing the attacks, or at least their motivation. In my opinion, being honest about what is happening is important. It is the first step in addressing the problem and preventing future attacks.

Exactly. Not owning up to a threat and what that threat really is. The rhetoric and agenda of making the world a safer place and diminishing the potential for terrorist attacks on home soil is what the administration has been pushing. When they don't identify terrorist attacks as such they are reducing the significance of what's really going on.

But I fear we are in the midst of different times - we've had any number of domestic terrorism, as have many/most of our allies, but the admin seems intent on minimizing the attacks, or at least their motivation. Being honest about what is happening is important. It is the first step in addressing the problem and preventing future attacks.

I don't disagree about being honest, but i know the FBI has a heavy presence here in town right now trying to figure out the actual facts...maybe we should wait on the experts rather than labeling something just to label it quickly, but irregardless of how previous tragedies may have been handled where the shooter was taken alive and interrogated, we (not just in this thread, but nationally) bring our partisan bats out and start beating everyone in sight. We have five military families that are in massive pain, maybe we should all focus on them right now and let the answers come as they do.

We have 4 dead marines killed on American soil by a Foreign terrorist and this president csnnot order the Flag at the white house to be flown at half mast in there memory , Its disgusting .

We have 4 dead marines killed on American soil by a Foreign terrorist and this president csnnot order the Flag at the white house to be flown at half mast in there memory , Its disgusting .

He has an agenda.

This isn't part of it.

Back