2015 THP Invitational at Old Silo - Lexington, KY

Boom format is gonna be fun and I believe will create a level playing field regardless of HC.

Now we need us some partners!!!

Formats look good!!

Awesome! These two formats will be a blast. It's Invitational week everybody!

Excitement level just went up another notch. I'm liking the formats, this will be fun

don't forget...6" gimmies!

Also, seems trivial but I am sure I am not the only one wondering...

on the back nine, do you have to choose who's score "counts" before moving to the next hole or do you decide at the end of the round?

Looking forward to it!

don't forget...6" gimmies!

on the back nine, do you have to choose who's score "counts" before moving to the next hole or do you decide at the end of the round?

I'm hoping end of the round, but the other way would make for some real strategy (but not necessarily skill) & would feel "Big Break"-like.

We will announce that before everybody tees off, along with other rules and what tees we are going off from.

Sounds like fun, I can't wait to get down there!

Love the formats including the twist on the Best Ball format. I thought the formats were great last year and this is just building off that. Cannot wait for this weekend!

Awesome! Best of all worlds! Shamble is my second-favorite format (behind playing your own ball all the way through). And I like the idea of forcing everyone to have scores represented. Question on that, do we have to decide what score to use at the time the hole is completed, or can we decide after the round?

Love the formats! Im a big fan of the 4ball with a twist

We will announce that before everybody tees off, along with other rules and what tees we are going off from.

quoting for Rbart

Formats! It's going to be weird seeing an 8 on the front nine and that being a good score haha

As easy as it would make it to decide after the round, I think it would add a ton to the complexity and planning if we had to decide by the next tee box which score we choose. Really has the potential to make the last few holes pivotal

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Just booked my hotel right by the course. Looks like i'll be at Old Silo for a wet range session on Thrusday Afternoon.

Just booked my hotel right by the course. Looks like i'll be at Old Silo for a wet range session on Thrusday Afternoon.

Several of us staying there on Friday night, steak house in walking distance and Cracker Barrel nearby.

For those coming in and that will be there Friday night, THP is looking at Meet & Greet options if there is interest. This will be held at a restaurant close to the hotel listed in the 1st post. If you plan on making it, please post in this thread and let us know. Obviously with a group this size, limited choices are available and we have a place picked out that works but we need to know how many will be joining us.

For those coming in and that will be there Friday night, THP is looking at Meet & Greet options if there is interest. This will be held at a restaurant close to the hotel listed in the 1st post. If you plan on making it, please post in this thread and let us know. Obviously with a group this size, limited choices are available and we have a place picked out that works but we need to know how many will be joining us.

I plan to be at the meet and greet Friday night. Bobby as well.

Last edited:
Count me in for Friday meet & greet.

I will be up for a meet and drink/greet with everyone Friday night.

I'll have 4-5 guys with me and we will be there as well, can head right over to wherever it is after our round if need be

Count me in for the Friday meet and greet.

I'll have 4-5 guys with me and we will be there as well, can head right over to wherever it is after our round if need be
I'm part of this group.

Back