Fujikura Shafts Thread

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
I know we have a few different thread about various Fuji shafts, but it makes sense for us to also have a Fuji specific thread where we can get some centralized discussion and thoughts on the shafts because I know we have a LOT of guys here who play and love them.

• Staff
My Fuji shafts experience is really limited right now, I've had a few swings with a couple different Evo's but thats really it.

Going to give the Fujikura Pro Green 72 a hard look though in my driver, 3w, and heavenwood this year though.

Doesn't hurt that they look fantastic:

DSC_0513-XL.jpg

DSC_0514-XL.jpg

Plus, the upcoming Atmos line looks REALLY good, and there is a new Speeder we got to see in hand at the show too.

I opted for the Fuji Pro Green 62 in my driver. Feels sooo stable and I can't wait to take it out on the course.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I am also giving Fuji a run, having ordered a Pro 62 for my Epic SZ and Pro 72 for my Epic fairways.

Have not had any exposure to any of thier shafts released over the last couple of years (one of the curses of living in south GA), but have been a fan of Fuji shafts for several years and will keep playing them in my fairways and hybrids for the foreseeable future.

I've gamed Fujikura for years on and off. I put a Fuji shaft in my Titleist J driver in early 2000s. I have the FujiPro Speeder 74g in my garage while I test another shaft. I've always been a fan.

I have a Fuji Vista Pro 55 for my Big Bertha and or XR16 being delivered on Wednesday as part of my move to senior flex shafts. The Club Champion fitter recommended it and I am really looking forward to giving it a try.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This has been a shaft that has been hit or miss for me. The 565 and 661 have worked in several drivers while not so much in a couple others. I like the feel of the new speeder pro 64 and 74 but just felt like I had to work to hard during the swing.

Looking forward to learning more about at atoms.

i had a pro 63 (i think) in a hybrid for a little while. i liked it ok. i had a fit-on that came stock with a callaway driver maybe 7 or 8 years ago. for fuji as a brand is rarely on my radar.

Love them in the fairway woods. I have one of the original pro series in my 7 wood and it is just smooth as butter. Have not been able to find the proper fit for a driver.

Good thread, I want to learn more about Atmos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Fuji Vista Pro 55 for my Big Bertha and or XR16 being delivered on Wednesday as part of my move to senior flex shafts. The Club Champion fitter recommended it and I am really looking forward to giving it a try.

My fitter that day, Rob, highly suggested the Fujikura Pro 53 in Reg. I've been looking.

Have the Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8 Tour X 63 paired with my XR16 SZ and absolutely adore it!

I really like Fuji shafts. Love the speeder 757 Evo II in my fairways. Stable but great profile for lift and spin for lower spin players. The Fuji pro line is stable and works great with my slower tempo

I have a real Fuji Speeder 661 in my CB Pro 3 wood. Great dispersion. Perfect mid ball flight. One of the best shafts I have ever played. My M1 Driver came with, what I suspect is a made for, a Fuji Pro 60. Its serviceable. But I wanted a higher ball flight so I swapped it out for a Kuro Kage Red 50, which raised the flight and gave me a touch more distance. But all in all, I like Fuji shafts very much. Never had a bad experience. Just found a better shaft for my Driver.

My main issue with them is the price for a real deal one. I think you can get similar performance out of the "Mid-priced" Mitsubishi line of shafts such as the Kuro Kage line or Fubuki line for half the price.

I loved my old Fujikura Motore Speeder vc7.1 shaft and since then I've found that the Speeder 661 (white) is a fantastic shaft for me. I'm really looking forward to the Atmos line since Fujikura is a name I trust in shafts and they look fantastic.

The progreen 72 is something special for sure. Tried it in the new epic with decent results, but when thrown in the SZ it was magical. It is amazing how stable it feels at 4.2 torque, when compared to my mfs 70m4 at 2.8. It just goes to show that preconceived notions can betray you...

I have played the speeder evo 661 x flex in my driver for the past couple of seasons. When I got fit into that shaft a couple of years ago it was a big surprise for me. It was the first time I had played Fuji. Spin and launch characteristic were exactly what I was looking for. It is plenty stiff and allows me to go after my tee shots. Yet doesn't feel like a telephone pole in my hands.

Have also hit the Fuji pro green and it was a really great feeling shaft. The flex was probably a little soft and I felt like I was overpowering the shaft somewhat. Would like to give it a try again with a more appropriate flex.

Watching Episode 1 of the show coverage again, noticed some putter head covers at the fujikura booth, do they have a putter shaft?

Anyone have any more thoughts on the Pro 72 Green? I may or may not have just snagged one off the 'bay.

Anyone have any more thoughts on the Pro 72 Green? I may or may not have just snagged one off the 'bay.
I really enjoyed the 72 progreen in stiff. Very stable, and a little more launch than my current shaft (black tie mfs 70m4) with about the same dispersion. I was surprised with how easy it was to launch while keeping a low spin. It paired really well for me with the sz, and I will own this shaft come april.

I really enjoyed the 72 progreen in stiff. Very stable, and a little more launch than my current shaft (black tie mfs 70m4) with about the same dispersion. I was surprised with how easy it was to launch while keeping a low spin. It paired really well for me with the sz, and I will own this shaft come april.

Thanks!

Has anyone used any of the pro shafts in reg with their driver? I keep hearing great things but only with the pro 62 and in stiff.... Thanks

Back