How High Should You Hit Each Club - Tech Talk w/ T.O. THP TV

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV caught up with Tom Olsavsky at Cobra Golf to discuss ball flight. Really good info on how proper contact and fitting can assist each player.

T.O. was very generous with his time today. This was one interview and discussion that was just really good.

I'm sure there was a ton of knowledge dropped in that room today. Solid video.

Ugh, as soon as my wife falls asleep this video drops. Looks like I'll be waiting until the morning.

great info. How does peak height work into a fitting then or will matching peak heights just be a result of a good fitting on well struck balls?

Makes a lot of sense. Never really thought about it, but kind of blows my mind I'm supposed to hit my driver the same height as my PW.

Never thought of it that way, but a very simple concept. Thanks for sharing.

JM

You learn something everyday.

Interesting! Change your perspective and you can probably see that. Hearing TO talk, I feel like we all get a little smarter.

Awesome stuff that really makes a lot of sense

I absolutely love hearing T.O talk is through these things. It all makes sense in a very understandable way. He mentioned when we hits shots properly we should see the same height across the board. That sounds odd to me, and it also tells me how my lower lofted driver may be inhibiting me a bit. I can understand the launch angle and how it's views from the ground. Where as the rate of climb is effected to your eye, but a constant pinnacle has me wondering what I have going on in the bag and swing.

Once again, TO comes through with an awesome explanation. His illustration of watching our shots on a LM from the side view was like an ahh hah!! moment.

great video and it will blow some minds!

now the question is what is the ultimate height to hit the ball? I know its been discussed before that most pros fall in the 90ft-115 ft range which is about the same height as a 7-9 story office building with a flat roof

does "ideal" height vary for SS or where a person plays?

I like this, it makes perfect sense but I had never thought of it this way. Great vid.

Next time I'm on a monitor I'll have to keep track of this. Height is not something I struggle with so I've never paid attention.

Mine is bad. I can make a 5 iron look like a 9

Never mind the science, what's up with that beautiful green driver.

Never mind the science, what's up with that beautiful green driver.

I got distracted a couple of times by that myself. Masters release?

I know I am guilty of mixing up launch and peak height. A really cool concept and something that really doesn't get talked about much.

I can't wait to be able to talk more with TO in a few months.

Great info and lots to think about next range session. I will pay closer attention to my long irons because in general I think I hit them lower than the rest of my bag. Thanks TO & JB!

Last edited:
Some good knowledge and confirmed what I was thinking in ddec's poll. Love that green masters edition.

Good video. Makes sense, higher launch angle but much lower velocity for the PW and 9i and such then the driver. Still kinda crazy though that they all end up the same theoretically. Love the TO videos.

Wow I never realized that but thinking about it I'm like duh he's so right how did I never notice that.

I wonder, the person who first noticed that all shots reach the same peak height (give or a take), how blown was that guy's mind?

Back