Any good cues to help a slice?

I drop my back foot a little and focus on my grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to have a terrible slice and I've taken many lessons and now I play a draw most days. But when it comes back, my golf teacher has me check to make sure my first move in my downswing is feeling either, 1) my left shoulder tilt upwards (not turn left) and/or 2) my right shoulder tilt down which personally helps me get my downswing into the "slot" and not swing OTT. Maybe this this helps!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freddie,
When you say, start the downswing by pulling the left hip away from the ball.. do you mean, like pull the left hip to 10:00 or somewhere else? I have the visual, but I cannot grasp it on the swing.

Freddie,
When you say, start the downswing by pulling the left hip away from the ball.. do you mean, like pull the left hip to 10:00 or somewhere else? I have the visual, but I cannot grasp it on the swing.

Yes!!! If we set up on a clock, 12 & 6, we don't want to slide up the 12. We want to turn counter clock wise toward 11 to end up at 9 when the swing is finished. Now there will be some lateral movement as the hip clears but the clearing is a turn not a slide

#TEAMSNELL aka #TeamGreen

Back