Anyone familiar with Sharpro grips?

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Bought a set of old Mizuno MX 25 irons and they came with Sharpro grips. They feel good, nice a grippy and cord in the upper half of the grip.

1%2030%2017%20Sharpro%20grips%20on%20MX%2025%20irons_zpsczj1kqrv.jpg

I used them last summer and thought they were great for the price, not sure if it is true but they claim to have invented the multi compound grip. I plan to use them again when the weather gets warm again and I need to change from the Tour Velvet for more traction.

My dad has a set of Sharpro grips on his irons. I think they wore a bit quicker than my NDMCs did (especially given he played fewer rounds than I did), but for the price they're pretty great.

I read somewhere that Golf Pride licenses that design from them, but I can't say for sure whether that's an urban legend or not.

I prefer the Sharpro (they used to come in pink). I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading somewhere Eaton (Golf Pride) licenses the design from Sharpro?

Last edited:
I used to play them, never had any issues with them. Good grip, good price.

I currently have them on my clubs, from everything I've read they invented the multicord and Golf Pride pays a fee to also produce them. They hold up very well.

I've used them and enjoyed them in the past. They're ever so slightly different to NDMC's, but it's subtle - a little more texture in the rubber. For the price compared to NDMC, they're a no-brainer if you like that style of grip IMO.

Thanks for the feed back Folks. Sounds good to me.

I've used them and enjoyed them in the past. They're ever so slightly different to NDMC's, but it's subtle - a little more texture in the rubber. For the price compared to NDMC, they're a no-brainer if you like that style of grip IMO.

How durable and tacky are they?

How durable and tacky are they?

My club ho-ing ways means I can't say a ton about durability, because I'm pretty sure I ho-ed out the clubs before I really needed a grip change haha. But I had one on a J40 hybrid that I gamed for 2 years and never had to change the grip, so I'd say they're at least right with everybody else in durability.

As for tackiness, they're comparable to NDMC's, which aren't a super tacky grip to begin with - I prefer UTx's precisely because they are tackier to begin with and hold their tack longer if you clean them semi-regularly.

Good feedback here. I used to think they were knock offs.

Good feedback here. I used to think they were knock offs.

So did I. Now they sound like a nice alternative. Ndmc are 14 bucks a grip up here. These need some consideration since I need 11 more grips for my clubs.

The sharpro grips I don't find tacky at all. I keep them on all my clubs except my wedges where I use tackier and softer winn grips. You can't beat the durability and price though. If you like this type of grip it is well worth the time and money.

Never heard of them but they look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered a set of the 3CAT grips. They're like a cord and wrap combo. Looking forward to trying them out. I've seen some pretty positive reviews on them.

21-lg.jpg

Just ordered a set of the 3CAT grips. They're like a cord and wrap combo. Looking forward to trying them out. I've seen some pretty positive reviews on them.

21-lg.jpg

What are you putting them on? You need to report back after you play with them.

What are you putting them on? You need to report back after you play with them.
They'll be going on my gamers. I'll definitely let you know what I think.

Any feedback after today's round or have you been slacking and not installed them yet?

Those are what I have on my previous set of irons. I also assumed they were a knock off of Golf Pride but boy the looked great, felt good, and lasted 2 full seasons which killed me because I really like to change grips but hate waste.

Any feedback after today's round or have you been slacking and not installed them yet?
They just came in yesterday after my round and as far as installing them, I'll let you know. Lol

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

They just came in yesterday after my round and as far as installing them, I'll let you know. Lol

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

So any follow up?

So any follow up?
They look and feel good but I installed them on my backup set of TP MCs. Think I'll combo with my CBs with the stock TM grips and get a good comparison next time out.

@moosejaa how are these holding up? Still like them? I have 7 that I shipped to crests place but I have an itch to regrip now and not wait until May.

Back