What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

The same B330 is going to make a run at four straight rounds today. I'm optimistic!!!

6b3d6f05909f1ebc11f2d566a28e66d1.jpg
So much talent! Love me some B330

Attempted my first round of the year last Sunday but due to the weather we only managed 9 holes. As it was my first round I pulled out the trusty e6 and it behaved as well as it always does - nice and straight when you put a half decent swing on the ball and it easily lasted the 9 holes without a single mark on it

I've been going back and forth between a Z-Star XV, ProV1X and the Taylormade Preferred. I do like the taylormade ball quite a bit. Doesn't scuff easily and has really well rounded ball. I've always enjoyed the performance of a Prov1x but the easy scuffing gets annoying.

B330 for the 1st time.
They must be forged inside some ancient volcano but they felt like butter. In an spectacularly awesome way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Being cooler today I gamed a Duo. Absolutely love this ball for it's price point, I really don't think you can beat it. Responds well on every single club in the bag. Only really difference between the Duo and the B330-S for me is the spin factor. Where the B330-S hits and spins back the Duo just stops, something I don't mind at all.

The same B330 is going to make a run at four straight rounds today. I'm optimistic!!!

6b3d6f05909f1ebc11f2d566a28e66d1.jpg

This delightful beauty was donated on the 4th hole today after getting two birdies early....

58 holes in total... Not bad!!!!

I played a Z-Star last weekend for about 9 holes. It was ok, hit a tree with it and it got a big yellow mark, ive hit quite a few with my Chrome Soft and not got marked. The Z-Star is in no way a bad ball I just feel for me I like a couple others better. Ive probably play the box out and not get any more. They were the previous version so im not sure if the new ones are better.

Played a foundling Wilson Staff DUO (yellow) today. Soft ball, good distance, checked up okay on long iron shots. Played it for 18 holes and it's still in really good condition.

Love me some Duo

I played the Wilson Staff Group today.
Duo, Duo Spin, and FG Tour. I went in with an open mind, and just wanted to see how they performed. The Duo and Duo spin really performed poorly for me. I found off the tee they were 30-40 yards shorter than my gamer. Approach sits into the green were often short, and climbed very high. Rigt around the green they performed well checking where I would expect and felt nice of the putter face.
FG Tour ball was a better fit, I found off the tee they were as long as my gamer, very similar on approach shot as far as spin and feel. These were comparable to the ball I play thought the bag. Which does t surprise me. Both are tour level balls with urethane covers a react very similar. A couple times with the FG Tour I noticed a bit of ballooning and falling short but nothing as static as the Duo Duo spin.

Duo, Duo Spin, and FG Tour. I went in with an open mind, and just wanted to see how they performed. The Duo and Duo spin really performed poorly for me. I found off the tee they were 30-40 yards shorter than my gamer. Approach sits into the green were often short, and climbed very high. Rigt around the green they performed well checking where I would expect and felt nice of the putter face.
FG Tour ball was a better fit, I found off the tee they were as long as my gamer, very similar on approach shot as far as spin and feel. These were comparable to the ball I play thought the bag. Which does t surprise me. Both are tour level balls with urethane covers a react very similar. A couple times with the FG Tour I noticed a bit of ballooning and falling short but nothing as static as the Duo Duo spin.
Very interesting -
I find that the Duo and Duo Spin were equal in distance to the ProV1x off the driver, longer with most irons, and they did not check well on greens with any club. Putter face did feel terrific!
I have yet to play FG Tours from #PersonalDistance, so I cannot comment on those.
I guess I need to pull out the B330 from my bin and put them in play!!

Very interesting -
I find that the Duo and Duo Spin were equal in distance to the ProV1x off the driver, longer with most irons, and they did not check well on greens with any club. Putter face did feel terrific!
I have yet to play FG Tours from #PersonalDistance, so I cannot comment on those.

i didn't play the duo but did play the duo spin and the fg tour and watched Kevin hit all 3 today. The duo is ok for me and I would put it on par with the chrome soft as far as what I have seen. I definitely lose distance with the duo spin off the tee and may see a little distance loss of iron shots. While my swing was shaky today the few good shots I hit with both the fg tour and duo spin th fg is a better ball for me. On short irons and wedges the duo spin performed decently.

with Kevin I could tell almost instantly what ball he was playing based on ball flight and how it just fell out of the sky. Interesting lineup of balls and I think each one could fit somebody on the market for all ball.

I played the Bridgestone E5 and B330RXS this weekend. Enjoyed both, but seemed to get better overall results from the E5.

Very interesting -
Honestly dude I havent played a ProV1 for a couple years. But neither ball were keeping up with the B330. But this is a crazy game and what works for one doesn't work for another.

Honestly dude I havent played a ProV1 for a couple years. But neither ball were keeping up with the B330. But this is a crazy game and what works for one doesn't work for another.
I would hit the B330 and the Duo head to head, if I had a consistent driver swing and wasn't prone to sending balls to the desert.
You are absolutely correct!

FG Tour will work well for you Kevin. I enjoyed my time with it.

FG tour is a phenomenal ball.

The FG Tour is a good ball, not quite as durable as some others. I played it today in my round and was +6 after the first 7 holes, so decided to swap back to the Chrome Soft and one that had already been through 2 rounds and managed to play the last 12 even par with the Callaway. I have nothing against the FG but I think the Soft must fit my game slightly better.

I switched to the Chrome Soft to start my season. The warmer it gets the more I am loving these balls. Hard to describe but I am driving longer and straighter. Now if I can get my mid irons working I'll see what happens with some green action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a Callaway SR3 and it was a great ball. Seemed really long off the tee and checked reasonably well. Comparable to the PVX I normally play, maybe a touch longer or I might have been swinging harder just in hopes it was better. I've been known to do that :)

Tour Preferred and 2015 V1x

Tour Preferred and 2015 V1x

Played 18 Friday with TaylorMade Tour Preferred. While I do like this ball, it seems to launch real high with my driver, and I hit the ball high already.

Played 18 Saturday with 2015 Pro V1x. Wow, great ball. It will compete hard for my gamer ball with the XV -it was so good Saturday (I had 2 eagles, one chip, one long putt) that I played it again Sunday and drove the ball further than I ever have. To be fair I worked out a ton this winter and am just now rounding into golf shape. This ball seems more durable overall but still susceptible to an aggressive wedge shot. Will probably play the new XV this week.

I haven't fully played it yet, but had a couple sleeves of the Nike hyperflight gave to me. I putted around the house and like the way it feels off putter. Now I can't wait to see how it goes tomorrow.

Played the pro v because I was given a box but personally it's not for me. With my swing and the spin I put on the ball naturally it's too much spin really. Ok currently in search of the right ball for me

Bridgestone e6 tonight--just happened to pull it out of the bag. It was fine.

Back