TaylorMade Aeroburner Mini Driver

Sorry for the delay....

20224b7c9bd9a5fed35a2e135fdafbd9.jpg

Ok last Monday JB and I were able to take some swings with the new AeroBurner Mini Driver. Last season I played the SLDR Mini for half the season, and decided to bring it out with me for some comparisons. Those will come later. First on the new edition.

First off, it has the same crown as the driver and fairway, which I like. I wish it were black, but that's another story. It sets up to the ball nicely, and with a shallower face to my eye makes it look more like an enlarged fairway wood. I really dig the shape of it. I thought the shallower face allowed it to be hit more easily off the turf, however my testing with that was limited to about 3-5 swings. Off the tee it offered a nice mid-high flight and distance seemed relatively good. Still not sure if someone is going to see a lot more distance out of this than they would a traditional 3 wood, but if you are more comfortable hitting something with a slightly bigger head off the tee, this is up your ally. Sound wise was a nice little ting, and it gave the feeling of being hit solidly, but definitely not a harsh feeling. The CG in this one is closer to the face than it is in the AeroBurner driver.

Comparing to last years model. This version is slightly smaller by 7 CC's, but with how it's set up, the face is shallower and to the eye at setup makes you feel you have more area to miss heel to toe. I thought the SLDR Mini hit the ball higher going by my eye side to side at the range, but the difference might have been closer than I thought. I always thought the SLDR Mini felt somewhat harsh, and this was a nice change from that. The sound was better. I wasn't one to struggle hitting last years version off the deck, but I know many who did, so the shallower face might aid in that department.

So the main changes are, it's slightly smaller, shallower, white, and it has a fin. Has a big speed pocket on the bottom, larger than it's older brother. It sounds and feels better(to me). Sets up quite nicely, and the distance is good. Again I don't know if there is a huge advantage to having one in the bag. For me, I play on a course that has 4-6 tee shots that it sets up perfect for, but when I move away from there, it doesn't get much use. To be honest, it's still a niche club. Fun to toy around with, but if you tend to hit 3w off the deck much, probably not going to see much difference from a normal 3 wood off the tee, so the advantage of having one is really mini-scule(see what I did there?).

I know some have ordered and look forward to seeing what others think as they get out on the course with them.

Sorry for the delay....

Ok last Monday JB and I were able to take some swings with the new AeroBurner Mini Driver. Last season I played the SLDR Mini for half the season, and decided to bring it out with me for some comparisons. Those will come later. First on the new edition.

First off, it has the same crown as the driver and fairway, which I like. I wish it were black, but that's another story. It sets up to the ball nicely, and with a shallower face to my eye makes it look more like an enlarged fairway wood. I really dig the shape of it. I thought the shallower face allowed it to be hit more easily off the turf, however my testing with that was limited to about 3-5 swings. Off the tee it offered a nice mid-high flight and distance seemed relatively good. Still not sure if someone is going to see a lot more distance out of this than they would a traditional 3 wood, but if you are more comfortable hitting something with a slightly bigger head off the tee, this is up your ally. Sound wise was a nice little ting, and it gave the feeling of being hit solidly, but definitely not a harsh feeling. The CG in this one is closer to the face than it is in the AeroBurner driver.

Comparing to last years model. This version is slightly smaller by 7 CC's, but with how it's set up, the face is shallower and to the eye at setup makes you feel you have more area to miss heel to toe. I thought the SLDR Mini hit the ball higher going by my eye side to side at the range, but the difference might have been closer than I thought. I always thought the SLDR Mini felt somewhat harsh, and this was a nice change from that. The sound was better. I wasn't one to struggle hitting last years version off the deck, but I know many who did, so the shallower face might aid in that department.

So the main changes are, it's slightly smaller, shallower, white, and it has a fin. Has a big speed pocket on the bottom, larger than it's older brother. It sounds and feels better(to me). Sets up quite nicely, and the distance is good. Again I don't know if there is a huge advantage to having one in the bag. For me, I play on a course that has 4-6 tee shots that it sets up perfect for, but when I move away from there, it doesn't get much use. To be honest, it's still a niche club. Fun to toy around with, but if you tend to hit 3w off the deck much, probably not going to see much difference from a normal 3 wood off the tee, so the advantage of having one is really mini-scule(see what I did there?).

I know some have ordered and look forward to seeing what others think as they get out on the course with them.
I'm buying one.

I'm buying one.

I'm surprised you don't have one yet. Club could be perfect for you. You mash a 3w off the tee with good consistency.

If it was black and not white I'd probably buy it.

Believe it or not, I asked for one in black. Got told it wasn't happening.

Believe it or not, I asked for one in black. Got told it wasn't happening.
That's unfortunate. I know looks shouldn't matter, but they do to me. I would not pick a white club up off the rack.

I think it's fascinating how different we all are. I hate how white clubs start to look like used q-tips after a few rounds with no cleaning, but at address, looking down at the ball, I don't even see the club--let alone color, graphics, alignment aid, etc.

That being said, I've never owned a white club, and this may (will) be my first.

I had one in hand today and I am in deep ponder mode. Looking forward to hitting it side by side with my SLDR Mini driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I am one of the weird ones! I actually really like the white - always have starting with the R11...

41634ec12f403eea76c879e77b79a26a.jpg

Very nice James! Is it getting a Continental Golf treatment or leaving it white?

White for now...
Mine arrives tomorrow and will get the treatment. Three polar white clubs in the bag is too much

Where are you guys getting 14* TPs from? I had one on order, and they emailed me and said Taylormade had a delay until May 21st? I got impatient and had them send me a regular version instead.

Where are you guys getting 14* TPs from? I had one on order, and they emailed me and said Taylormade had a delay until May 21st? I got impatient and had them send me a regular version instead.
I pre ordered

Its miserably wet outside, but I still really want to go swing this a couple times today.

05912aadc1cbb688e8d98128c6a998e2.jpg

3229af352d84c8835616222a4a6e1889.jpg

728fd4d89f094abb875a2077e7effb23.jpg

The mini has arrived

God they look good.

Those look fun.

So, I hit my TP yesterday. I can't talk a lot about performance, but I'll get to that in a minute. It sets up really nice and I *gasp* don't mind the white *gasp* as it makes the head seem even bigger to me and for what I got this for, thats a plus. That said, it'll likely get the Continental Golf treatment eventually and a nice matte lime, black, or silver.

As for the performance, as I mentioned I can't speak on it much at all because when I hit it the sound was so insanely addictive for me that I kept on hitting shots just to hear it. Little fades mostly, as expected with the FA on it, and a nice mid-high ball flight, but my GOSH that sound! I told a couple buddies yesterday its the best sounding wood, for me, that I have ever hit. Its so solid, its surprising and unexpected.

Where is this slotting into your bag, Jman? Driver or 3w replacement?

Where is this slotting into your bag, Jman? Driver or 3w replacement?

I can't fathom ever dropping the driver, I know some talk about it, but it makes zero sense to me to drop the biggest clubface in ones bag.

This is my 3w. I hit the HW 225 and have no need to hit into greens with a fairway any longer than that, it only means trouble. So, instead, on tight or shorter par 4's, the mini is the play, which is what I was using my 3w for anyways. .

My 12* Mini arrived today after my round. I live on the course so I played 4 holes with it tonight.So far,so good. I am a senior player(76) with a 10 hcp. I find that I start to block my driver as I tire on the back nine and planned on using the Aero as a driver replacement. I should not have the club head speed to hit this from the deck but tonight I had some success with it. If this continues I may keep my driver in the bag and drop my 3 wood.

Back