Who Was The Best Dressed On Sunday?

The dog in me says Alexis, but the gentlemen says Rickie. These darn split personalities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine question here. Should there be a dress code for patrons then?

She isn't just a patron, she's the GF of a pro golfer. It doesn't strike me as too hard a thing. Nobody's asking her to be prim and proper like she's about to meet the Queen of England. Throw on a sun dress or skirt.

Yea I have to agree with the tractor pull sentiments earlier. Seriously that's inappropriate for a significant other especially with her out there. Worst thing ever? No. But considering the event and him winning it looked out of place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah she looked good, was it 'golf' appropriate? Not really but why is this even a thing? We don't watch golf to see the 'pretty girls and what they are wearing' do we? Is it going to turn into the same thing as the Oscars where no one cares about who wins but who looks best on the red carpet.

Last edited:
I genuinely don't care about other sports in this discussion.... however, golf courses have dress codes. Mine has one whether I am golfing or eating dinner, and I like that it has that.

is it that hard to say 'no jeans or strapless tops' for patrons? Methinks not.

I can understand a private club having these restrictions, but not at a sporting event - the people are paying good money for their tickets and experience - they want to feel comfortable - so if someone wears a tee shirt, gym shorts, and sandals so be it - same as if someone wants to rock a 3-piece suit to feel comfortable, let that happen as well...

Its not like they are entering a bar on a certain night when "no white tees" or "sneakers" or "halter tops" are not allowed....

Not sure if anybody has posed this thought in any of the threads. Wasn't he sitting around with the lead for about 45 minutes after he finished before the playoff began? Did it never cross her mind, or anybody that was around her, to use that time to go to the clubhouse and change into more golf appropriate attire?
Why would she have wanted to. She is a bikini model, this has been great exposure for her. If she was dressed modestly her exposure would be much less. This has worked out great for her. And I don't think Rickie gives a darn it she was dressed appropriately. It's not like he has gone out of his way to dress according to tradition.

It's easy. No cutoff denim. Shirts with sleeves or at least those sleeveless lady-wifebeater things (NOT a tank top, or the thing she was wearing). I think every course I know of has those simple two requirements.

I have no issue with what she was wearing. Obviously she is quite attractive, so that doesn't hurt, but still have no issue with the outfit in general. You want to help with the young crowd? That'll do it :alien:

So from what I've gathered is this is better than what Alexis wore because her shoulders are covered? Got it. And fwiw, if Alexis was wearing this yesterday, which is "golf appropriate attire", there would be a firestorm of a thread going about it
5993e6bacf489ae2763d1e3526cb58cd.jpg

I can understand a private club having these restrictions, but not at a sporting event - the people are paying good money for their tickets and experience - they want to feel comfortable - so if someone wears a tee shirt, gym shorts, and sandals so be it - same as if someone wants to rock a 3-piece suit to feel comfortable, let that happen as well...

Its not like they are entering a bar on a certain night when "no white tees" or "sneakers" or "halter tops" are not allowed....

I can guarantee TPC Sawgrass is a heck of a lot more storied than my course is.

Either way, I think it's perfectly fine that you feel that way. I strongly oppose it, and believe there should be expectations of the patrons to not wear jeans, absurdly short shorts, or whatever the hell that top was to an event like that. if she came in a bikini, would you have an issue with it? How about if a guy came in a speedo?

So from what I've gathered is this is better than what Alexis wore because her shoulders are covered? Got it. And fwiw, if Alexis was wearing this yesterday, which is "golf appropriate attire", there would be a firestorm of a thread going about it

I am concerned about your fact gathering, sir.

I genuinely don't care about other sports in this discussion.... however, golf courses have dress codes. Mine has one whether I am golfing or eating dinner, and I like that it has that.

is it that hard to say 'no jeans or strapless tops' for patrons? Methinks not.

Also, I think the skirts/shorts some of these LPGA players are wearing are ridiculous. But that's for another thread I suppose.

article-0-1A72103000000578-887_634x811.jpg

I can see the people that don't agree with her attire's point of view, but there weren't any threads or discussion going up when Paulina rolled down to see Dustin in this in Hawaii, and I would argue that her attire leaves less to the imagination than Alexis' did.

Disclaimer: Paulina has worn other outfits as well that are just as revealing and she has worn outfits that were more "normal" as to the standards that are being talked about in this thread.

Lol thanks for the concern Dan. I'll make sure the next time we play a round together I'll leave my strapless tops and denim booty shorts in the car

Say you're a young teenager, sitting there watching golf with your dad on Mothersday. Here is this flat brim dude wearing fresh clothing, making a cool 1.8 million for winning and has a sexy women all over him? Do you say to yourself:A. She needs to go find some appropriate clothing? B. Dayum! Dude is killing life right now! We want to grow the game but we want it done in ways that fit a certain mold?

Alexis.

Frankly, its just because I don't see the big deal.

I am shocked that Rickie Fowler's main squeeze has stirred this much angst. You would think this was a bible forum. Lots of old fashioned younger men on here with their tighty whiteys in a bunch

Lol thanks for the concern Dan. I'll make sure the next time we play a round together I'll leave my strapless tops and denim booty shorts in the car

I speak for all of us this weekend when I say THANKS!!!!!!!! hahaha

I am shocked that Rickie Fowler's main squeeze has stirred this much angst. You would think this was a bible forum. Lots of old fashioned younger men on here with their tighty whiteys in a bunch

They still sell those?

Alexis by a mile. But I'm a dog and think people should wear whatever they're comfortable in. I guess she is a swimsuit model or something, so that is probably more clothes than she normally wears.

And an unfortunate MVP to the double-sided tape that kept that puppy on during the victory smooch.

Alexis by a mile. But I'm a dog and think people should wear whatever they're comfortable in. I guess she is a swimsuit model or something, so that is probably more clothes than she normally wears.

And an unfortunate MVP to the double-sided tape that kept that puppy on during the victory smooch.

I think it got an assist from some elastic banding too. :zdance:

Was that an appropriate time for a Z dance? I'm still learning.

Pete for mayor

Her.....every day that ends in y.

Say you're a young teenager, sitting there watching golf with your dad on Mothersday. Here is this flat brim dude wearing fresh clothing, making a cool 1.8 million for winning and has a sexy women all over him? Do you say to yourself:A. She needs to go find some appropriate clothing? B. Dayum! Dude is killing life right now! We want to grow the game but we want it done in ways that fit a certain mold?

I'll Take B everyday and twice on Sunday.

For me, it isnt' about the clothes being too revealing or sexy (i.e., stuffy / old fashioned), it is that she looked trashy in those cut off shorts. I suppose it is an arbitrary thing but if she'd worn a revealing skirt that had any kind of sewed hem I almost certainly would have thought to myself that I was too much of a simpleton to understand her designer fashion ways and not given it another thought.

For me, it isnt' about the clothes being too revealing or sexy (i.e., stuffy / old fashioned), it is that she looked trashy in those cut off shorts. I suppose it is an arbitrary thing but if she'd worn a revealing skirt that had any kind of sewed hem I almost certainly would have thought to myself that I was too much of a simpleton to understand her designer fashion ways and not given it another thought.

I wouldn't worry about it buddy. It appears we're 'making a big deal about nothing' and need to 'adjust our underwear'

Time to move on.

Back