Pac vs Floyd is happening

Yep....walked out of that thinking to myself 'I'll never make that mistake again."

I said that once before regarding boxing. I was a teenager and paid for Tyson vs Spinks. I was wrong...I did make the same mistake again...but some 30 years later.

Boxing is totally irrelevant now. Has been for 20 years...but we all hoped it could have one last fleeting moment of glory.

We were duped.

There's boxing then there's UFC. I understand the difference between the two but for once lately, I would like to see a boxing match that involves two skilled boxers, not a showman and a guy chasing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never got excited for this and expected some kind of decision instead of a KO. Boxing used to be one of my favorite sports to watch, but it's been underwhelming for a very long time. I actually enjoy watching the no names fight a lot more. They're hungrier and willing to put it out there, instead of dancing around for a bunch of rounds and then collecting a paycheck that rivals the GDP of some small countries. Also, I wish the heavyweight belts would sort themselves out, which should happen soon actually.

In my opinion the fight that was suppose to revive boxing did the complete opposite.

There are no more big names in boxing. Mayweather doesn't knock folks out and the fight is what I expected. Floyd will go 50-0 in September and other guys will fight for his belts. It was a good fight, the last one of any meaning for a long time.

There are no more big names in boxing. Mayweather doesn't knock folks out and the fight is what I expected. Floyd will go 50-0 in September and other guys will fight for his belts. It was a good fight, the last one of any meaning for a long time.

I didn't get to see it but from what folks are saying it sounds like classic Mayweather, he's so damn good at being elusive he kind of reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard.

Didn't expect a knockout, but expected more. Floyd is a marketer who also knows how to box.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I don't get boxing. Unless there is a knockout I just don't see the appeal.
I used to be that way as well. I've learned to appreciate the art of defense and knock outs. Sadly unless a heavy weight like Tyson comes out, boxing will die quicker then people want.
I didn't get to see it but from what folks are saying it sounds like classic Mayweather, he's so damn good at being elusive he kind of reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard.
It's rare to see someone as quick as he is in both offense and defense. He makes guys look silly with his moves but some how keeps his legs under so he can counter punch. That is what makes him great.

Boxing is well beyond dying.

It's on a ventilizer. The plug just needs to be pulled. Unfortunately, this fight made a lot of people a lot of money.

If it was beyond dying, last night would not have been what it was. People got filthy rich off that fight. As I said earlier, there is nothing more to look forward to with the current t crop of boxer but it wasn't dead last night

Debatable. A one shot wonder with all the views it had because most were hoping a dbag would finally have karma catch up with him to me says people tuning in for a freak show, not a live and thriving sport.

I was at a crappy hotel for kids sport. Walked by lobby and they have the PPV. Crazy that this little place paid for it. So we watch. In hindsight I thought it was a boring fight. Little action. The moral of this stuff is always the same. Most hyped stuff do not live up to the hype

I think there are too many people that are confusing real life boxing matches with Rocky films. The first aim in boxing is to avoid getting knocked out. Love him or hate him, anyone that watched the fight last night witnessed a master at work.

a0a6f85743b3c1c4c6343bddfb7607e1.jpg

I used to be that way as well. I've learned to appreciate the art of defense and knock outs. Sadly unless a heavy weight like Tyson comes out, boxing will die quicker then people want.

It's rare to see someone as quick as he is in both offense and defense. He makes guys look silly with his moves but some how keeps his legs under so he can counter punch. That is what makes him great.

might be the best technical fighter of all time. His movement, quickness and precision counter-punching is unbelievable, especially at his age.

I also enjoyed DeLaHoya saying it was boring, like he forgot that he fought Floyd a few years back. Everybody's a prisoner of the moment haha

11014872_10153522188962345_2439660564514848849_n.jpg

Did yu guys see the picture on Maria Sharapova's twitter? Hilarious how she towers over him.

How long do you think he would last against Klitschko? His Jabs have more power than those guys power punches. Mayweather wouldn't be able to reach Klitschkos face anyway I guess.

Did yu guys see the picture on Maria Sharapova's twitter? Hilarious how she towers over him.

How long do you think he would last against Klitschko? His Jabs have more power than those guys power punches. Mayweather wouldn't be able to reach Klitschkos face anyway I guess.
That's a weight-class discussion. It's apples and oranges.

That's a weight-class discussion. It's apples and oranges.

I did enjoy the fight last night and there was definitely more action. I just think that if you want to be called the best at boxing there should be no one in the world able to beat you

I did enjoy the fight last night and there was definitely more action. I just think that if you want to be called the best at boxing there should be no one in the world able to beat you
In your weight class.

P4P definetly refers to weight class and unless somebody can tie Mayweathers feet together to keep him from running away its unlikely his opponent will be able to engage him enough to win the fight.

Back