Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no upcharge on the Tour Green as expected? Hmm... It might be time to sell a few of those unused SeeMore putters I have lying around collecting dust.

That is the setup I'm hard pondering.

I have the tour green in the 2 wood and it's been a beast so far.

I'm sure it'll be a monster with the mini.

I'm in. I told my Pro to order me one ASAP. I'm going with the same shaft as my XR driver (Project X LZ 5.5). I'm going with the 14 degree so I can adjust from there. Should be a great par 4 tee club.

Totally getting the 12. Me and the Driver are on speaking terms right now, but I think I want a break. This seems like an opportunity to hit more fairways but with minimal distance lost. Done.

I'm always confused by what Callaway upcharges for and what they don't. So different for every model. 665 is stock in the BB, yet upcharged in the Mini.

Why not just have list of non-upcharge and have it consistent across the brand?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same. The upcharge shaft selections make no sense on the Mini. I would love a Speeder 765 or Aldila Rogue 70 which is no upcharge on the similarly priced Big Bertha 815 fairway wood. Or a Diamana S+ Blue Board which was no upcharge on the lower priced Optiforce.

Just pre-ordered mine on Rockbottom Golf. Got the 12 degree with a Speeder 565 shaft. 299.00. Boom! So excited!

I want to preorder but the early adopter in me is hiding...I want to test it out first before pulling the trigger

I am impulsive when it comes to these things. I literally learned about this two hours ago. I did the same thing with my Exotics 4 wood last year.

Got to test it out I store today, which for my swing, means nothing. Had about 6 warm up swings then got on the flight scope. Here was what the results were. There's a possibility that the stock shaft just isn't for me and was too long. Maybe an aldila rogue black 70s would do the trick ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431739746.047072.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431739754.814446.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say 43" would be better than 44" for a club like this. Maybe that's just me.

I'd say 43" would be better than 44" for a club like this. Maybe that's just me.

Personal preference of course, but because its meant to play almost as a 2-wood and since the Cally drivers sit at the 45.5 range, this being at 44 is honestly a pretty good length given the intent of the club being a mini-driver.

I suspect many will cut it down, I know I'm eager to hit it at 44".

My test club came in at the stock 44", but when I put my Project X LZ in at 43", I had much more success with that set up. I'm sure I could get used to the stock length given enough time. James makes a good point based on the stock lengths of drivers and the intention of this club.

Given the success many and myself with shortened drivers. I'm very much given up on standard lengths. I am however envious of those who can make the longer clubs work.

I finally got my paws on one and am planning on testing it tomorrow on the course. Had it in the simulator yesterday and really liked the setup. When I got a draw going it was going similar distance as my driver off the tee.

I'm going to jump this week, resistance is futile for me.

I'm going with the stock 44 inch length. I was playing my driver at that, but since getting my new XR, which is at 46 inches, I'm bombing it, so 44 might be a good length for me in the Mini.

Subjective for sure. No right or wrong length.

I'm not going to lie. I think I could've used this one today......................

I can't wait to try one!

I reeaallyy should have known better than to hit this today at PGA. It is exactly the thriver club I have been trying to find for about 5 years. If the numbers hold up outside on the range and course it will be a must buy I am afraid. The ball speed, launch, and yardages were pretty close to my driver, but with a tighter dispersion. I could see taking the driver and 3Deep out of my bag on most courses and adding another wedge or 5 wood. I would only need a regular driver on courses with long par 4 and 5s.

Well I took the Bertha Mini out to Balboa Park 9 hole course today so I could test it. Results were so good I ended up selling one to the guy I joined up with. On the third hole I hit one equal to where I hit my driver. On the fifth I go head to head with the driver. Driver I slightly mishit it on the heel. Mini I hit on the screws with a draw and it went 250. 20yds past driver. 6 hole I drive the green on a 248 short Par 4. The guy I'm playing with, Jim, (75 yr old probably 12 hcp) wants to try it and ends up hitting it past his X2Hot driver and more consistently. He offers to buy in on the spot and says "I'll throw in a spiff for you as well." Tempting but I decline. This one's staying in the bag. Jim will have to come in to get fit. Specs are 14* with KuroKage shaft. Trajectory is more penetrating, almost bullet like. I am a believer. More testing tomorrow.

That's awesome Dave!! Will be ordering mine this week.

the shaft length is interesting to me indeed. I wouldn't have thought it would play at 44 long. Although since their normal 3 woods play around 43.35 I guess it makes some sense. But if you are someone who plays their driver around 45", I'm not sure I would see the point in playing a mini at 44". As always it will be a personal preference.

the shaft length is interesting to me indeed. I wouldn't have thought it would play at 44 long. Although since their normal 3 woods play around 43.35 I guess it makes some sense. But if you are someone who plays their driver around 45", I'm not sure I would see the point in playing a mini at 44". As always it will be a personal preference.

I ordered mine at 43.25 inches. Not looking at driver replacement, but as a 3W for the tee to get me in that 250ish range on shorter Par 4s. I see why those who want to replace driver would like 44", but I wanted mine a bit shorter.

I ordered mine at 43.25 inches. Not looking at driver replacement, but as a 3W for the tee to get me in that 250ish range on shorter Par 4s. I see why those who want to replace driver would like 44", but I wanted mine a bit shorter.

my SLDR mini is at 43.5, but I choke up a touch on it. Like you, I just always viewed it as a supercharged 3 wood. Easier to hit off the tee(than a FW) and that's what I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back