The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the crap finally hit the fan yesterday with my brother and his constant laziness and sense of entitlement.

A little back story...

He's been living with my aunt since he got evicted a year ago. His GF (total loser that we all hated) convinced him to move out with her so they could move "forward." They were 20 years old with a $900 rent payment all while making $1100 a month...combined! (Just shows what we're dealing with here.)

My brother has been severely depressed for about 3 years but won't take the meds the doctor prescribed because he's "fine" and doesn't need them.

His idea of life is to work just hard enough to not be fired, go to the coffee shop and play League of Legends all night, drink until he passes out and then repeat the cycle. Unfortunately, he works for me and we seriously need the help right now. His paychecks are now us paying the bills for him so he can't continue to blow it on drugs, tattoos and alcohol.

He thinks we all judge him because of said drinking and tattoos, but in reality I judge him based on how little motivation he has to do ANYTHING productive with his life.

I'm at a total loss of how to help him. We have 2 uncles that are now 60+ that have this same attitude. One is homeless living in a box in California and the other does just enough to keep his house. I keep thinking my brother will "wake" up one day and realize his self destructive behavior won't work. I'm losing hope and faith quickly in that.

What do you say or do for someone that won't get out of their own way?

Sorry for the novel guys...just needed to air that out after my sleepless night
Here's what I would do to help my brother if he was like that: Nothing. If someone isn't trying, I am not going to waste my time.

You're supposed to ACCELERATE on an entrance ramp. I flew by someone I was behind on the ramp at the blazing speed of 30 mph! In the time it took me to get up to 65, that car was WAAAAY back there!

Oh yeah, one other thing. When you are at a stop light getting ready to turn left, it's ok to make the turn at something faster than 1 mph.

A 13 year old girl was abducted from her driveway a few hours ago just a few miles from my house. An amber alert has been issued..

Apparently she was just walking her trash can to the curb and an old man in a silver minivan grabbed her and took off..

Please say a prayer that she is found safely.

http://kfor.com/2015/04/07/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-choctaw-12-year-old/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're supposed to ACCELERATE on an entrance ramp. I flew by someone I was behind on the ramp at the blazing speed of 30 mph! In the time it took me to get up to 65, that car was WAAAAY back there!

The entrance ramp is not supposed to be used as a runway so you get your rocket ship up to speed. It is there to merge into traffic safely and come to a stop on if traffic doesn't allow a merge.

The entrance ramp is not supposed to be used as a runway so you get your rocket ship up to speed. It is there to merge into traffic safely and come to a stop on if traffic doesn't allow a merge.
The onramp is so you can accelerate to match the speed of the traffic already on the roadway. Failure to match the speed of the vehicles already in travel on the roadway you intend to merge onto creates an impediment to the flow of traffic, which is a violation of statute in most states.

Dude there was no traffic. The guy was doing less than 30 on an interstate! I PASSED him doing 30. Not exactly a day "rocket ship". Minimum speed is 40.

A 13 year old girl was abducted from her driveway a few hours ago just a few miles from my house. An amber alert has been issued..

Apparently she was just walking her trash can to the curb and an old man in a silver minivan grabbed her and took off..

That's scary I hope they can track down the mini van before he does something to her.

That's horrible. Hope she turns ups safe soon.

Thoughts and prayers to the family

I have never once had to come to a stop on an entrance ramp (unless forced by the idiot in front of me). If you accelerate to the speed of traffic there is no reason you can't merge.

I have never once had to come to a stop on an entrance ramp (unless forced by the idiot in front of me). If you accelerate to the speed of traffic there is no reason you can't merge.
The idiot was probably yielding the right of way to the cars on the highway seeing that they have the right of way.

The idiot was probably yielding the right of way to the cars on the highway seeing that they have the right of way.
Or he didn't have the ability necessary to properly merge on the highway. Accelerate to the proper speed, then slide in, it really is that simple. Unless everybody is doing 80 and are 40 feet apart from each other it really isn't difficult.

I promise you, you are more likely to get in an accident coming to a dead stop on an entrance ramp than you are accelerating to 70 and merging.

The Amber alert was cancelled. Now the news says she is believed to have ran away and had her little brother say she was kidnapped.

The Amber alert was cancelled. Now the news says she is believed to have ran away and had her little brother say she was kidnapped.

This is a rant in itself.

Or he didn't have the ability necessary to properly merge on the highway. Accelerate to the proper speed, then slide in, it really is that simple. Unless everybody is doing 80 and are 40 feet apart from each other it really isn't difficult.

I promise you, you are more likely to get in an accident coming to a dead stop on an entrance ramp than you are accelerating to 70 and merging.

totally agree..almost rear ended someone last week who was taking their sweet time accelerating and then decided to come to a dead stop on an entrance ramp. its simple get up to speed, check traffic flow and adjust as necessary to merge in.

I do agree with you here because the cars on the highway have become accustomed to having adjust their speed for the guy getting on to avoid an accident.

I've never been in a wreck but a year ago I almost destryoed a car who stopped on a entrance ramp on a curved entrance ramp in Fort Worth. Sorry but you should never stop on a entrance it is used for accelerating onto the highway not stopping.

The Official Rant of the Day

Sounds like this is one of those ...more to come ...stories.

Either way hope she is safe.

I'm not a fan of groupthink. So easy to get lost in the tidal wave of emotions and clamor that its easy to lose sight of the tone which is really happening.

Its funnier yet that its on my mind as I'm reading 1984 in the evenings.

I'm not a fan of groupthink. So easy to get lost in the tidal wave of emotions and clamor that its easy to lose sight of the tone which is really happening.

Its funnier yet that its on my mind as I'm reading 1984 in the evenings.
Group thinking is dangerous

I'm starting to think that thinking in general is dangerous.

oh-no-ive-gone-cross-eyed.jpg
One problem and I think it is a major problem in society and we are all guilty (especially me) of it. Is that if someone has a different thought process we automatically take that as an attack on our own thinking when many times it is not meant that way. If everyone thought the same the world would be boring we should all embrace different ways of thinking it is how good things happen.

One problem and I think it is a major problem in society and we are all guilty (especially me) of it. Is that if someone has a different thought process we automatically take that as an attack on our own thinking when many times it is not meant that way. If everyone thought the same the world would be boring we should all embrace different ways of thinking it is how good things happen.

Oh I agree, sadly its always accentuated when there is a group feeding off of eachother on things, I've fallen into that myself in a lot of things in life and it took way too long to wake up from it. Sometimes taking a step back from the crowd is a beautiful thing, thats definitely what I have seen as of late.

I haaaaate passive aggressive people. (This has nothing to do with the above conversation)

I haaaaate passive aggressive people. (This has nothing to do with the above conversation)
That's a pretty passive aggressive way to deal with the above conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back