The Bubba Watson Thread

So 22% won't help Bubba. I would take that as 4 out 5 players would help Bubba. I'm guessing Bubba wouldn't need help, especially from those 22%. Everyone I know that can swing a club 120+ mph can hold their own in a fight.

Sadly, I know this wasnt a joke, but I laughed out loud. Spend some time around Sir Watson of bumfuq and you will know exactly why I say that.

And here's the high quality journalism question ESPN asked:

Perhaps the most ridiculous question of the poll is one centering on popularity/street justice. Specifically, ESPN posed a hypothetical asking golfers which of their colleagues they'd like to see beaten up in a parking lot.
The prompt read "___________ is in a fight in the parking lot. I'm not helping him."
So, uh, that's a real question asked by a news outlet, and according to ESPN, the most common answer to the prompt was Bubba Watson.

So 22% won't help Bubba. I would take that as 4 out 5 players would help Bubba. I'm guessing Bubba wouldn't need help, especially from those 22%. Everyone I know that can swing a club 120+ mph can hold their own in a fight.
Laughed out loud!
I like his golf game.
Everything else - meh, ignore.

Sadly, I know this wasnt a joke, but I laughed out loud. Spend some time around Sir Watson of bumfuq and you will know exactly why I say that.

I glad you laughed as I laughed when I wrote it. I'm just playing the contrarian! I too wish he would just play golf and keep his mouth shut.

And here's the high quality journalism question ESPN asked:

Perhaps the most ridiculous question of the poll is one centering on popularity/street justice. Specifically, ESPN posed a hypothetical asking golfers which of their colleagues they'd like to see beaten up in a parking lot.
The prompt read "___________ is in a fight in the parking lot. I'm not helping him."
So, uh, that's a real question asked by a news outlet, and according to ESPN, the most common answer to the prompt was Bubba Watson.

....or that the players could put anyones name, yet 20% picked Bubba.

Is the question a joke? Completely. I do think it says a lot though when your peers put your name down on a question of the manner, no matter how stupid it is.

....or that the players could put anyones name, yet 20% picked Bubba.

Is the question a joke? Completely. I do think it says a lot though when your peers put your name down on a question of the manner, no matter how stupid it is.

it does say a lot and I'm sure he is an ass to be around. Not everyone can be Steve Stricker and if they all were the tour would be pretty dull. I think polarizing figures like Tiger, Patrick Reed, and Bubba are entertaining just like the dozen or so jerks at my cłub make things interesting. I guess as I've aged I've kearned to not let jerks bother me.

I'm a little surprised there are so many here that don't like Bubba, especially with him being the top ranked American and the 3rd ranked player in the world. In my golfing circle, I've never met anyone that doesn't like Bubba.

I like the fact that his swing is his own and his only golf lesson was from his father when he was a child. In this day of swing coaches, fitness coaches, and mental coaches, it's refreshing that you can still make it to the very highest level without growing up a privileged child with all sorts of external golf help from wealthy parents. The high school varsity players here all fit the mold of privileged country club kids and it's my fear that the PGA Tour or even college golf is becoming more and more out of reach for the middle class.

I also like the fact he completed college, that he's a Christian involved in a lot of charity work. IMO, the PGA Tour needs more golfers like Bubba or Patrick Reed with some character that are not afraid to speak there mind.

See I think this is what bothers me the most about this guy. He's what I like to call a convenient Christian. Anyone can proclaim religion in their victory speeches but it really means nothing when you act like a total ass, drop God damns like it's going out of style, and treat other people both professional and not like garbage.

Tim Tebow is a perfect example. He preaches like it's going out of style and while I'm not a fan of evangelism at least this guy acts like he speaks.

As other's have said the question can't be easy to answer when you're told your peers basically think you're a douche, but we've heard this song and dance for years.

See I think this is what bothers me the most about this guy. He's what I like to call a convenient Christian. Anyone can proclaim religion in their victory speeches but it really means nothing when you act like a total ass, drop God damns like it's going out of style, and treat other people both professional and not like garbage.

Tim Tebow is a perfect example. He preaches like it's going out of style and while I'm not a fan of evangelism at least this guy acts like he speaks.

As other's have said the question can't be easy to answer when you're told your peers basically think you're a douche, but we've heard this song and dance for years.

Maybe the good he has done by adopting 2 children makes up for his other transgressions. I certainly have a soft spot for people who adopt children since I have a brother and 2 nephews who are adopted. Maybe the law of averages means that golf has to have a Bubba because nearly all the other PGA Tour pros are very controlled, polished, and are always saying the right things. Or perhaps my perspective is tempered by the actions and words of people in other sports like Donald Sterling, Michael Vick, Alex Rodriguez, Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, or Lance Armstrong. I honestly find him entertaining even if he says some crazy things I don't agree with, sort of like Johnny Miller.

I just don't get the argument I guess, and not just about Bubba but in general. I've never seen anywhere where it says being a Christian miraculously removes any mistakes from your life. I believe he has addressed his outbursts, and not said it is how he should act. Clearly he is a flawed person, with a bad temper and a potty mouth when he gets angry.

I see why many think he's a douche, but I just don't buy the argument that he can't be a christian because he acts like an ass when mad.

I just don't get the argument I guess, and not just about Bubba but in general. I've never seen anywhere where it says being a Christian miraculously removes any mistakes from your life. I believe he has addressed his outbursts, and not said it is how he should act. Clearly he is a flawed person, with a bad temper and a potty mouth when he gets angry.

I see why many think he's a douche, but I just don't buy the argument that he can't be a christian because he acts like an ass when mad.

I think what is getting lost in the words is the love because of him living a certain way based on his word, but acting completely different. To use an example, if Mike Vick was speaking about his "Christian ways" and loved because of it and then murdering dogs, it would be just speak. Meaning his spoken words were meaningless because they were bullsh!t. Just a different scenario without the extremes but the same message.

Ever notice that when a scumbag finds religion in prison and everybody mocks them and says "bullsh!t, they are just doing it to say the right hings". I think some have similar views here.

I think what is getting lost in the words is the love because of him living a certain way based on his word, but acting completely different. To use an example, if Mike Vick was speaking about his "Christian ways" and loved because of it and then murdering dogs, it would be just speak. Meaning his spoken words were meaningless because they were bullsh!t. Just a different scenario without the extremes but the same message.

Ever notice that when a scumbag finds religion in prison and everybody mocks them and says "bullsh!t, they are just doing it to say the right hings". I think some have similar views here.

I get that view, but I guess I see it as a difference between making a mistake (albeit repeatedly) and choosing a lifestyle.
His anger is a huge issue, it makes him and his faith look bad, and usually when it occurs it takes him out of contention. I'm not defending his actions at all, I just don't think it means he's not a Christian. I don't know his personal life, and con't comment either way on his faith.

I get that view, but I guess I see it as a difference between making a mistake (albeit repeatedly) and choosing a lifestyle.
His anger is a huge issue, it makes him and his faith look bad, and usually when it occurs it takes him out of contention. I'm not defending his actions at all, I just don't think it means he's not a Christian. I don't know his personal life, and con't comment either way on his faith.

Agree with this completely. Frankly, I could careless what his faith is. I am in no way bashing religion or anybody's views, but it is the subject of too many issues in this world. It reminds me of many other subjects that just do not need to be discussed. If you believe in something, great, leave it at that.

At what point do those repeated mistakes become a lifestyle though? If repeated enough, those mistakes just become who you are, and I think Bubba is at that point, Christian or not.

To me, some actions speak louder than words. I think maybe Bubba just doesn't have a social filter, and just blurts out whatever he's thinking. I am a Christian, however, after I've launched my 3rd tee shot OB (with 3 different clubs) I've been known to use some "colorful metaphours". I don't think that makes him the devil.

I also think the fact that he still has the same caddie says a whole lot. I don't think he's a "bad person" ... however I don't think he's very good socially.

Agree with this completely. Frankly, I could careless what his faith is. I am in no way bashing religion or anybody's views, but it is the subject of too many issues in this world. It reminds me of many other subjects that just do not need to be discussed. If you believe in something, great, leave it at that.

Ding ding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get wanting to be quiet about religion, because frankly it would make me happy if they did as well. But at the same time the religion itself calls for you to "witness". So in those peoples mind they feel they need to.

Laughed out loud!
I like his golf game.
Everything else - meh, ignore.
This sums it up. I am never going to socialize with Bubba, I don't know if I would like him as person or not. I like to watch him play, root for him to make good shots. At least he has some level of personality, something tbat seems lacking in many of today's new players.

Sent from my LG G3

I get wanting to be quiet about religion, because frankly it would make me happy if they did as well. But at the same time the religion itself calls for you to "witness". So in those peoples mind they feel they need to.

Then act as if. If your goal is to "witness", then make sure the "podium" is the right place and you act as if. Failure to do those things makes some feel that you come across as using it as a convenience and more so, hiding behind it for the d-bag that you are.

I say this again as not necessarily my thoughts, but understanding what others have said.

I always thought people didn't like him because he acted like a huge douche all the time.

That is my impression. That and that $500,000 white watch.......

I am indifferent to Bubba, and I hope he never changes and continues to be a douche unless it is something that he wants to do. Why conform to what people that have zero impact in your life want you to conform too, be an ahole, play good golf that is all I care about.

Why conform to what people that have zero impact in your life

Believing that the fans that support the game that pays you millions have zero impact is interesting.

Believing that the fans that support the game that pays you millions have zero impact is interesting.

You think those guys lose any sleep cause little johnny went home upset because you didn't sign his hat??
I am not going to stop watching golf cause so and so is a douche, I am watching for the entertainment. Same way I root for the Yankees and Arod.

watching his interview is killing my brain cells and I can't afford to loose more of them.

I am indifferent to Bubba, and I hope he never changes and continues to be a douche unless it is something that he wants to do. Why conform to what people that have zero impact in your life want you to conform too, be an ahole, play good golf that is all I care about.

But be a true ahole and embrace being an ahold if you are, don't be an ahole then apologize for being an ahole when your called out for it.

You think those guys lose any sleep cause little johnny went home upset because you didn't sign his hat??
I am not going to stop watching golf cause so and so is a douche, I am watching for the entertainment. Same way I root for the Yankees and Arod.

Not even close to what I was saying. Two guys. Both top 5. One is an asshole and the other is loved by fans. Which one you think gets more endorsement money? Give you a hint, its not the asshole.

Be a prick all you want if you are a player, but then dont cry wolf every time you dont get your way and dont pretend you care when the cameras are rolling.

watching his interview is killing my brain cells and I can't afford to loose more of them.

But be a true ahole and embrace being an ahold if you are, don't be an ahole then apologize for being an ahole when your called out for it.
Bolded for the truth!

Back