Callaway CF16 vs Apex Pro 16

weeicemon

Reaction score
Handicap
I am debating making an iron switch. I love my Hogans, but I feel like I may spin the ball a bit too much with them, especially in the mid-irons. The forgiveness of the CF16s is very appealing, but the profile of the Apex Pro 16 is much more to my liking. I do need to get test both, but I would love any feedback from others who have done so. I am an average distance player - driver SS around 100. I don't hate the idea of getting a little more distance help with the CF16s as long as accuracy isn't sacrificed. I am an 8 hcp and hit around 50% GIR. I'd love to get my GIR up to 70--75% this year.

I am debating making an iron switch. I love my Hogans, but I feel like I may spin the ball a bit too much with them, especially in the mid-irons. The forgiveness of the CF16s is very appealing, but the profile of the Apex Pro 16 is much more to my liking. I do need to get test both, but I would love any feedback from others who have done so. I am an average distance player - driver SS around 100. I don't hate the idea of getting a little more distance help with the CF16s as long as accuracy isn't sacrificed. I am an 8 hcp and hit around 50% GIR. I'd love to get my GIR up to 70--75% this year.

The Apex Pros are definitely higher spinning than the CF16 irons. Designed for flighting and movement.

The Pros are higher spinning clubs but the CF 16 provide plenty of spin. Also, the lofts are stronger on the CF16 irons - ie. 7 iron 31 degrees vs 34 degrees. I have played the CF16 and they are great irons. I have hit the pro and they are soft feeling and probably closer to your hogans.

I've hit both and during my fitting i had the opportunity to put either set in my bag. I went with the CF16 for a number of reasons but mostly because of spin and how easy the longer irons were to hit consistently. Both are great sets and you cant go wrong with either. And although the Apex Pro feel amazing, the CF16 have tons of feel as well. If you miss low on the face, the answer is CF16 10 times out of 10

There is also the combo set where you can get more forgiveness in the long irons.

Back