hackernation

One shot at a time
Reaction score
Handicap
Ever have one of those bad days where nothing worked; slicing everything, hitting it fat, top the ball....etc :banghead: Do you save it for another day or do you stick with it and finish the round and continue to play with knowing your having a bad round?...I played a few days ago and just couldn't figure what I was doing wrong...frustrating. Anyways I ended up quitting after the 14th hole from a stretch of 6 bad holes. Time to hit the range again...

If I am having an off day I never pull out from a round. I just stick with it and try to figure out how to get through that round without too much damage. I understand how frustrating a bad day can be on the course but I think it's worth it to finish up the round the best way you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes, I've definitely had bad days. I remember having a round years ago where I topped probably 14 shots in a row, just could not figure out what I was doing wrong. It's a horrible feeling. However, I would never not finish a round...

That was 80% of my season last year. I play it out it only takes a couple of back to back swings to change the round.

Been there. One round it took 6 topped drives on #1 before I put one farther than the front of the tee box. I was upset for the first hole and then got over it. I paid too much to walk off the first tee.

If I am having an off day I never pull out from a round. I just stick with it and try to figure out how to get through that round without too much damage. I understand how frustrating a bad day can be on the course but I think it's worth it to finish up the round the best way you can.

Yeah I know, I am never one to quit a round, but it got to the point where all my iron shots went banana's. If I was playing with other people I would've finished my round and try to fight it but since I was playing by myself...I left.

Just grind the round out, forget about it and try again another day

Keep on playing. Could still be that round I finally get a hole-in-one!

Just grind the round out, forget about it and try again another day

^^^^ this

When I have crap rounds I will grind it out. I've never quit due to poor play. I scale back my game ie; 3w or hybo off the tee, club up and hit 3/4 shots to try and find my swing.

I have a couple of rounds a season like that.
I stop keeping score, and try to swing easier, long and deliberate.
Just put a slash on scorecard for bad holes.
Only write down bogey or better.
It seems to stop after 2 or 3 holes.

I've had a couple of range sessions like that recently. I followed it first one up with probably my best range session after I reflected on what i needed to do. Next time I'll see if I rebound from my last bad one. I just have to keep telling myself to relax, watch my take away and follow through.

almost every meltdown round I've played is when I'm playing with a fiend I haven't seen in a while on a course we both travelled a ways to get to. I've never quit. No matter how bad, there is always at least one shot that I can take something away from.

Keep on playing. Could still be that round I finally get a hole-in-one!

I'm living proof this can happen. My one and only HIO came in what was by far the worst round I've 'played'. It was just another butt ugly 'shot' that caught a series of lucky bounces. I have a HIO but I hope to some day make a pretty one.

Been there , have the t shirt. I just stop keeping score and work on the swing and figure out the issue.

When my round goes to a point of no return it turns into a practice round for me. I experiment with shots that I wouldn't have tried if the round was going well.

Ever have one of those bad days where nothing worked; slicing everything, hitting it fat, top the ball....etc :banghead: Do you save it for another day or do you stick with it and finish the round and continue to play with knowing your having a bad round?...I played a few days ago and just couldn't figure what I was doing wrong...frustrating. Anyways I ended up quitting after the 14th hole from a stretch of 6 bad holes. Time to hit the range again...
I'll keep playing. Hey I'm out there so just enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

My last 2 rounds, I just look at them as some extra exercise

I've just left the course a couple times. I need to learn how to fix it when it starts going bad in a hurry but sometimes it's so aggravating that the best thing is for me to leave. Hopefully I can work on being better at it this year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've walked off the course once but I was getting over the flu and hasn't as recovered as I thought I was. Play was fine but I kinda felt like I was gonna die.

Grab your lunch box and hard hat and grind it out. There's worse things you could be doing other playing bad golf.

When things aren't working out for me, I always finish the round, but at the same time I first refuse to allow myself to get frustrated. I slow it down a bit and focus on what I'm doing wrong and then do the things I know I should be doing and concentrate on finishing better than I started. But the most important thing is to not allow yourself to become frustrated.

Any day with golf, regardless of score, is a good day. So I respect that and finish the game. The only times I left the course without finishing 18 was when I had a meeting to catch, and needless to say I will be a bit disappointed not finishing the game.

Having patience and maintaining composure through frustrating circumstances is an area of personal growth for me... lately I've been trying to apply that on the golf course and do my best to stay calm, grind it out, and keep going. It's a challenge.

Back