Callaway Preowned - "Average" Condition

campilobaxter

Mustachioed Root Vegetable
Reaction score
Handicap
I know many people have purchased from Callaway Preowned on here. I'm looking at a set of clubs that list listed in "average" condition, which is the lowest rating. I've read the description of what "average" means, but I'm not really certain what it would be like. I have heard on THP that the condition is often better than described by Callaway.

Has anyone purchased clubs in "average" condition before? How "used" are these clubs going to be?

I have purchased 2 average clubs from them. They had a few small scratches on them, but the most noticeable was the removal of the paint on the badge. Other than that the club was fine. I asked my salesperson to actually go look at the club(s) and tell me his opinion. He did. Also you can ask them to refurbish the club at a small fee (it will look like new or two grades up I think is what is stated online).

I purchased a driver in average condition and it had some scuffs on the crown and some scratching on the face and sole. It was totally playable and everything else was fine. Was still a great deal for the price I paid.

I think their top two conditions exceed the expectations of most. I've bought in these conditions and been happy - and I consider myself borderline OCD on club condition.

I haven't bought anything in average condition, but from what I've seen from others there are times you can get a club that is accurate per the description.

But they do let you send it back if you don't like it so only out shipping.

I would not order an average. I did once and the club looked terrible.

I have only bought "like new" from CPO and they always have come in great condition...I'd say new in most cases.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I'm going to pass on the clubs.

I've bought things in "average" condition and had them look like they were hit at the range a few times, and that's it. I think they undersell the condition of the clubs there, I've had nothing but great experiences buying from them.

I bought a set of Adams CMB's from CPO in average condition and I would say they had been used one season max. I thought it would have fit right into the very good condition label.

I've only bought one thing labeled as "average" from them and as expected it had face wear but way less than I expected. Overall good shape, but definitely used with plenty of life in the club.

IMO I would save a little money and go like new or just below that. Their like new is basically new and is still at an awesome discount.

IMO I would save a little money and go like new or just below that. Their like new is basically new and is still at an awesome discount.

Mikeg is on point as usual, I bought a ladies set for my wife that was "like new" and they all arrived new in plastic. A similar situation with a "like new" ladies x2hot. On this occasion the head was new but the grip showed a little wear... popped a new grip on it and got a steal on a driver that was basically brand new.

Back