Sergio Garcia Buys Putter Grip at Dick's Sporting Goods

There are plenty of people that work at Dick's that are very meticulous about re-gripping people's clubs. I know that E1iterate and myself are down right uptight about it. I treat them like I'm re-gripping my own clubs. Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, for every 2 like you, I have seen a plethora who are not.

That's a shame... That there is such a variation out there.

yea, unfortunately not even close to the norm.

Thats pretty cool to read.

Reminds me of the story when KJ Choi did something similar with his irons one week and played well
KJ bought a set of irons from Golf Galaxy in Columbus the Tuesday or Wednesday before the Memorial and then went out and won the Memorial.

Really cool story. Can't blame him for wanting to install it himself.

Did he put it on himself in the store? I'm pretty sure Dick's would not let me put it on myself in their store.

~Rock

Did he put it on himself in the store? I'm pretty sure Dick's would not let me put it on myself in their store.

~Rock

Actually he did. They allowed him to do so.

They are regular people too. Wonder who puts on a grip better Sergio or Greggdrews

I do without a doubt, Sergio would putt better if I installed the grip guaranteed!

Actually he did. They allowed him to do so.

Guess he wanted to save on the $7.00 installation fee.

Or maybe he didn't trust them to do it? He does grind his own wedges afterall.

~Rock

Thats pretty cool.

Funny story, I don't have enough fingers to count the times I've run into Ryan Palmer at the PGASS, always trying putters out while his kids run around.

Cool story. Always fun to hear these guys impulse buy something they could get for free.

Sergio seems as if he is one of the most grounded Tour pros. I know the money they make and fame changes most if not all, but it's great to hear this story.

Imagine if you were there that day and saw him buying the grip and then watched him on tv winning? Lol

The real question is... did the employee in the golf section at Dicks know who he was?

The real question is... did the employee in the golf section at Dicks know who he was?

Touché

These stories are great and always make me wonder how I would react if I was in line behind him... would I ask him why the heck he is paying for this when he could get it for free? Or would I bite my tongue and understand that he is probably a golf junkie just like me and can't wait.

It's possible he went undetected. If he didn't have his corporate gear on, he might not have been very recognizable.

Sure, but how incognito is he going to go? Wearing a hat? He is always wearing a hat and if he talks at all you would recognize his voice/accent.

Sure, but how incognito is he going to go? Wearing a hat? He is always wearing a hat and if he talks at all you would recognize his voice/accent.

I would put a ton of money that he could walk into my local store and 2 people at best would know who he is at any given time.

Sergio Garcia Buys Putter Grip at Dick's Sporting Goods

Guess he wanted to save on the $7.00 installation fee.

Or maybe he didn't trust them to do it? He does grind his own wedges afterall.

~Rock

Installation at Dick's is $2.99.

Also, Sergio does grind his own wedges. I'm sure it's more about him being very particular about his clubs and how they set up than some guy at Dick's installing it.

Hilarious. I just had my putter regripped at Dicks Saturday evening and the guy waived the installation fee. MidSlim 3.0 to UltraSlim 1.0. Hope to see the positive results this weekend!

Back