Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jb I got rid of 16* hybrid for 3w and it was a great decision. I think with all the recent Callaway releases the V series is going to get overlooked. The V series woods are great. I need to hit the 5w and see how it fills my gaps and I my lose my 20* hybrid.

Without a doubt and that is why I love the HeavenWood. Its the easiest to hit fairway wood I have ever played and launches high and lands soft. The question I have to ask myself is for the courses I play around the country, do I need the extra 20 yards I am getting with a 3 wood vs the heaven wood, or do I take a different approach. Not sure the answer yet, but will be on the launch monitor next week to figure it all out.

The heavenwood may be getting a bunch of attention. I was looking on CPO and they had around 10 on there last week, I went on to order one yesterday and there were only two left, neither of which had the right shaft for me.

Either that or they dropped a bunch on ebay at once.

Without a doubt and that is why I love the HeavenWood. Its the easiest to hit fairway wood I have ever played and launches high and lands soft. The question I have to ask myself is for the courses I play around the country, do I need the extra 20 yards I am getting with a 3 wood vs the heaven wood, or do I take a different approach. Not sure the answer yet, but will be on the launch monitor next week to figure it all out.

That makes a ton of sense. I need to get on monitor and see how the 5w works for me. On the range this week the 3W was insane, just like you said it is so easy to hit.

I really need to start hitting the V-Series 3 wood more. I dont carry a 3 wood, instead opting for the Heaven Wood as a gap between driver and 3 hybrid. It works for me, but I am thinking about ditching the hybrid and going 3 wood, Heaven Wood and then 4 hybrid which would cover the gaps pretty darn well.

That's the combination I have in the V series. The gaps are about perfect, and I've never launched a 3w as well as I have that club off the deck and it should give me a bit more distance off the tee than the 4w does. I haven't been this happy with the top of my bag in a while. After I hit that 3W in the CPC, the fitter pretty much said "that's it" and we moved on to other clubs.

I really need to start hitting the V-Series 3 wood more. I dont carry a 3 wood, instead opting for the Heaven Wood as a gap between driver and 3 hybrid. It works for me, but I am thinking about ditching the hybrid and going 3 wood, Heaven Wood and then 4 hybrid which would cover the gaps pretty darn well.

I traded away my 3deep so I also need to find a way close the gap between driver and hybrid. Do I go 3&5 wood or 4 wood? I don't use my 4 iron. Decisions decisions.

I can't wait to see what the IRod will do in my X2Hot 20°. Hoping for high and soft.

Also still pondering the 16° XR pro FW....

If I didn't love my 3 and 4 hybrids this is what I would do too. The V-Series woods are great and definitely overlooked.

Curious as to whether you hit your 3 wood more off of the tee or from the fairway. If it's the latter, seems like the Heavenwood is an easier option, and how many times per round are you going to need the extra 20 yards of the 3 wood? I have the opposite situation right now: my 3 wood is pretty good off of the tee, but not all that great off of the deck. However, I hit the 3 wood more off of the tee than the fairway because the courses around me are shorter and tighter than other places in the country, so having the 3 wood distance from the tee is more important for my game.

I am strongly considering swapping out the Vapor Speed hybrid for a Heavenwood.

Wedges need to replace mine but undecided on if I go with RTX, vokey or Bridgestones

Should I go graphite shafts or go standard steel

I am pondering a whole new bag setup at the moment.....I know I need new wedges at the very least

I am pondering a whole new bag setup at the moment.....I know I need new wedges at the very least
What are you looking for that your current clubs don`t offer

I told myself that this year I am going budget on clubs and working with what I've got and just focusing on improving my swing. Then I find myself looking at new fairway woods, a couple irons to replace my hybrids and new wedges. The only thing that seems safe in my bag right now is my driver, irons and putter.

Mini driver

Wedges need to replace mine but undecided on if I go with RTX, vokey or Bridgestones

Should I go graphite shafts or go standard steel
Well I will have my 3 rtx's and a vokey next weekend u can try

Does anyone know an easy way to find tip diameter for a club? Specifically an X2Hot hybrid (non-pro?) I cannot seem to find the info anywhere, and want to make sure the irod shaft will fit in it before I drive to golfsmith tomorrow

Thanks I'll definitely give them a run plus having BStone's there will make for a nice test.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I gotta give then some swings as well

Bag pretty set for 15. Although I am pondering the PM wedge. Do to gapping with the XRPROS I'm going to have to change a wedge or 2

Bag pretty set for 15. Although I am pondering the PM wedge. Do to gapping with the XRPROS I'm going to have to change a wedge or 2

Yep I ordered a 54 degree RTX wedge. I wished Cally made a Tour Grind in 54 for lefties, but since they don't I have to go 54 because that 50 to 56 is going to be way too big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back