How many wedges do you carry?

Yantropov

Reaction score
Handicap
Seemed to me that carrying 3 wedges (Not including the PW) was the norm. Since I've been using Arccos, I am able to quantify every part of my game. For the first time I will be carrying only 2 wedges. My PW is at 46 followed by a 53 and 58.

Have you or would you carry only two wedges ? Tell us your experience.

I have and I would but only if there were a need at the top of my bag. As it is, my gaps from 4W to 3H to 4H to 5-iron have worked well, so three wedges it is. For now, at least. ?

I have and I would but only if there were a need at the top of my bag. As it is, my gaps from 4W to 3H to 4H to 5-iron have worked well, so three wedges it is. For now, at least. ��

What is your gap wedge loft? 50?

I could not, no.

2 if I don't include the PW/46

I ditched my 60 for another hybrid in my Danger Zone because the 56 PM Grind can do everything the 60 can

Steelhead PW @46* , 50*, 54* bent to 55* (at the advise of Roger Cleveland) and 60* MD3 Callaway wedges

Interesting. And here I'm considering carrying PW + 4.

Apex CF16 PW = 45*
RTX CB 48* V-MG
RTX CB 52* V-MG
MD3 56* W grind
MD3 60* C grind

Cool that your using the data to set up your bag. I play 3 wedges and I think I could easily trade the 54&58 and just go to a 56.

2 but seriously thinking of upgrading to 4

My current pitching wedge is 45* and I enjoy having a 50*, 54*, & 58* on top of that. With my last set my pitching wedge was 47* and I had a 52*, 56*, & 60* wedge set up but, I rarely used the 60 so, I could have probably just done two wedges then. With this setup I use the 58 all the time, so no, I wouldn't go to a two wedge set up.

I currently go 45° 50° 55° 60° and it works, but I'm not in love with the setup. The only full swing clubs are the 45° and 50°, and I tend to hit the 55° and 60° clubs the same distance (from different lies).

The best scores I ever saw were when I played a 46° 51° 56° setup, and I'm considering moving back to that number of wedges.

I use 45 PW, and 50/54/58 Wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pw/AW/SW/LW at the moment

I have 4 wedges including my pw.

I currently use two wedges at 58 and 54. PW I think is 48 so could maybe get away with a third, but that's someway down the line.

I have dropped the PM 60 recently as its so dry right now here, im thinking of dropping the 60 altogether as i havent missed it .

I never had a 60 wedge until this year and ive found i became a bit lazy with the 56 wedge and just hit the 60 as it was so easy.. im enjoying doing all the high flops again with the 56 again

I currently use 4, PW,AW,54,58

46* PW 50* 54* 58* work for me just fine

I carry 4 wedges. Scoring clubs are very important for my game.

Back