New England Members

I looked at the forecast up here, and it looks like we've got a bit less rain forecasted. Butter Brook is opening Friday, hoping to play Sunday somewhere.

Acushnet River Valley is opening 4/10, Whaling City Golf Course is accepting tee times online right now, and Falmouth CC and Sandwich Hollows are both taking tee times on Golf Now. Friday's supposed to be a bit rainy, but Saturday and Sunday are looking decent for down here.

Anyone know if Crosswinds or Atlantic is open yet?

Anyone know if Crosswinds or Atlantic is open yet?

I was down in plymouth on Sunday for easter and I drove by both courses. Neither were open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to be at Foxwoods next Thursday and will have Friday open. Can anyone offer a recommend a course in the area?

I'm going to be at Foxwoods next Thursday and will have Friday open. Can anyone offer a recommend a course in the area?

Shennecossett GC in Groton is a Donald Ross muni on Long Island sound. I think the Lake of Isles course at Foxwoods is pretty well regarded too.

Pequot Golf Club in Stonington was a fun course, maybe about 10 minutes from Foxwoods and won't break the bank.

River Ridge is a decent course within 15 minutes of Foxwoods. And I just got an email from them:
e634790d7e74d2d954ca61b6be565295.jpg

River Ridge is a decent course within 15 minutes of Foxwoods. And I just got an email from them:
e634790d7e74d2d954ca61b6be565295.jpg

Nice looking track. I love courses with elevation changes like that.

Massachusetts Members

Massachusetts Members

It was pretty well kept, but someone had some long thick spikes on the day I played, you could track him by his tracks like Sasquatch, lol

And the cart "girl" was 40 something lunch lady looking gal who was rippin butts on the cart and sounded like an 80 year old man with emphysema

Just got a text, Pembroke country club opening up Saturday.

Widows Walk is opening Thursday 4/9 with Carts per their site.

SSCC is opening Friday 4/10, TBD on how many holes; at least nine per their email. I plan on checking it out so I will report back as to how many holes are open. I was told it will be walking only for the next few weeks.

Presidents GC is opening tomorrow 4/8 walking only; expecting carts by Saturday 4/11. I drove by there last Sunday and it looked pretty sparse as far as remaining snow goes.

Braintree Muni has an estimate of 4/18-4/20 per their Facebook page.

Looks like were getting there. Can't wait to get out there this weekend.

I've got a tee time for Sunday at Newton commonwealth, but my uncle is a member at Pembroke so that might be changing.

I play Pembroke 8-10 times a year. Its about 3 minutes from my house. One of my most memorable shots happened on 13 there. A 550 yd par 5 with some teeth. I usually hit 3 wood off the tee because its a 90* dogleg left about 235-240 out and you can run it right through the fairway. Had a couple drinks at the turn and figured eff it, I'll pull the big stick and see if I can sling it around the corner. Not comfortable with a draw with anything other than irons. Soo, I set up on the left side of the box a give it a rip. Low and behold a big lazy draw that works its way around the corner on the right side of the fairway. I'm pumped. I usually lay up to about 120 because I'm so far back. I'm about 20 yards closer than normal so I'll give it a go. My miss is a slice and it rears its head when I try to get after one. I open up my stance and aim for the left side if the green/edge of the water and absolutely pure my 3 wood. Starts heading left of target (water) but starts to curl for me. Frigging thing two hops onto the green and hits the stick. 7" away from an albatross. I almost **** a stick and my buddy was screaming like a little girl. Went up and tapped in my eagle. Shot was more luck than skill but I'll take it.

Last edited:
Whats up Sat and Sun almost 60. Anyone need a fourth or at least a partner

Bungay Brook is open, Shining Rock opens on the 16th with a $49 rate w/ cart special per an email I just got from them.

Planning to get to Maplegate on Monday.

Bungay Brook is open, Shining Rock opens on the 16th with a $49 rate w/ cart special per an email I just got from them.

Is maplegate in Bellingham? I haven't played there in ages. I grew up in Norfolk though.

Yes it is. I haven't played it in a few years. They have a great deal for the year. Couldn't pass it up. Come on down and play!

Yes it is. I haven't played it in a few years. They have a great deal for the year. Couldn't pass it up. Come on down and play!

Would if I could take the day off from work! Looks like beautiful weather

Open invite all season

What time are you playing Monday? Planning on playing, but depending on the rest of the week, might need to stick close to work.

7:00 for 9 holes. Then to work. I haven't even swung a club so it'll be an adventure

What time are you playing Monday? Planning on playing, but depending on the rest of the week, might need to stick close to work.
Work in Boston? I'm in the city and would be up for a round near by

Don't know if you guys are on the Joe & Leigh's email list, but they sent out the dates of all their upcoming demo & vendor days:

4/8 (Wed)New Product Launch Day - NIKE3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
4/9 (Thu)Bridgestone Golf Ball Challenge2:00 pm to 7:00 pm
4/9 (Thu)New Product Launch Day - PING3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
4/10 (Fri)New Product Launch Day - Callaway3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
4/14 (Tue)New Product Launch Day - COBRA3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
4/15 (Wed)New Product Launch Day - TaylorMade Golf3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
4/16 (Thu)Equipment SEE & TRY- DEMO Day3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
4/17 (Fri)New Product Launch Day - Cleveland, Srixon, XXIO3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
4/25 (Sat) - 4/26 (Sun)Joe & Leigh's Golf Festival10:00 am to 4:00 pm
5/7 (Thu)Equipment SEE & TRY- DEMO Day3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
5/21 (Thu)Equipment SEE & TRY- DEMO Day3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
6/4 (Thu)Equipment SEE & TRY- DEMO Day3:00 pm to 7:00 pm

Work in Boston? I'm in the city and would be up for a round near by

I'm up around Bedford. I'd imagine I'll probably play Butter Brook if they're open.

Back