itsOpeningDay's Kiwi Adventure Contest

SlightDraw

Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 11

NZ-Golf-1-e1486758712183.png

To celebrate my 1,000 THP post I wanted to put together a little contest. It just so happens to work well with my upcoming trip
to New Zealand so why not combine them both and make something pretty fun all around.

Prize
:
NZ Golf Grab Bag

Contest: Guess my score for each course and the total of the three (3) rounds. Tiebreaker will be how many putts I will have.
(Example, 100 Jack's Point/100 Cape Kidnappers/100 Kauri Cliffs for a 300 w/ 108 Putts).

How To Enter: Open to THP Albatross Members only. Post your guess in this thread by 12:00 p.m. (PT) on February 21st

Winner: Winner will be revealed on March 13th

Some Info: I will be moving up a tee box for the following reasons;

• I will be playing some very challenging courses with cliffs all around.
  • I will be playing with rented clubs so no THP Handcrafted Shaft to keep me in the fairway!
  • I just want to enjoy it and hopefully keep my balls out of the sea as much as possible.

You can see my handicap in my profile so that might help you but it most likely won't. I have been known to shoot an 85 one day
and a 105 on another so choose wisely!

I am going to be posting quite a lot of pictures and videos throughout my golf trip and even have a few surprises along the way to
make it fun for the contestants. I probably won't be posting them to the forum during the rounds but I will afterwards when we are
traveling to our next location.

On to the courses!

Jack's Point

Jacks-Point-Yardages.png

Course: Jack's Point, South Island, Kawarau Falls
Date: February 22nd
Course designer: John Darby
Tee: White - 70.9/127 - 6,350 Yards

With a backdrop of 2300 vertical metres of the Remarkables mountain range and an armchair view of an outstanding lake panoramas,
Jack's Point Golf course is one of the most visually spectacular in the world. As an 18 hole par 72 championship course it offers golfers
an exciting challenge with five tee positions to choose from, providing all golfers an unforgettable golf experience.

The course has been designed around the natural landscape, with minimal excavation. The course measures 6388 metres (6986 yards)
from the championship tees and is built on the most spectacular of Jack's Point terrain, weaving through native tussock grasslands,
dramatic rock outcrops, steep bluffs and swathes of native bush to the edge of Lake Wakatipu.

Cape Kidnappers

Cape-Kidnappers-Yardages-2.png

Course: Cape Kidnappers, North Island, Hawkes Bay
Date: March 3rd
Course designer: Tom Doak
Tee: Green - 70.8/134 - 6,242 Yards

Designed by legendary golf architect Tom Doak, the Cape Kidnappers par 71 golf course measures 7,119 yards (6,510 meters) and will
challenge golfers of all skill levels. The Cape is not true links terrain; instead, the land tilts toward the sea as a series of ridges jutting out
toward the edge of the cliffs. Yet, the play is seaside golf at its finest.
The surface is firm and fast, and the conditions can be windy , so
the player who can control his trajectory will be master of the course. You’ll hit heroic shots over the tops of the tea trees and play cautiously
along the edges of deep ravines. Every hole has a view of the Bay , and at the 6th and 15th holes, it’s possible to pull your approach off the
very end of the earth, though it will take nearly 10 seconds of hang time for your ball to reach the ocean, 500 feet below.

Kauri Cliffs

Kauri-Cliffs-yardages.png

Course: Kauri Cliffs, North Island, Matauri Bay
Date: March 8th
Course designer: David Harman, Renovated by Rees Jones
Tee: Green - 71.9/138 - 6,080 Yards

Kauri Cliffs was designed and built by David Harman of Golf Course Consultants, Orlando, Florida. The par 72 championship golf course
measures 7,119 yards / 6,510 metres and offers five sets of tees to challenge every skill level. Fifteen holes view the Pacific Ocean, six of
which are played alongside cliffs which plunge to the sea. The beautiful inland holes wind through marsh, forest and farmland. Kauri Cliffs
recently underwent a renovation from world renowned golf course architect Rees Jones.

-------------------------------------------------------

PITT4eh.png

Last edited:
Those courses look stunning! Can't wait to see some pictures.

Here are my guesses:

104 Jack's Point/101 Cape Kidnappers/106 Kauri Cliffs for a 311 w/ 114 Putts

Awesome contest and gesture, WTG, can't wait to see all the pics courses look great. I'll just use your example as my entry!!!
100 Jack's Point/100 Cape Kidnappers/100 Kauri Cliffs for a 300 w/ 108 Putts

In order.. 95, 99, 102 with 116 putts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks beautiful have fun on that trip!

My guesses
105 Jack's Point/ 102 Cape Kidnappers/ 107 Kauri Cliffs for a 114 w/ 118 Putts

Wow. Super jealous. Looks like an amazing trip!

Here's my entry:

96 Jack's Point / 103 Cape Kidnappers / 87 Kauri Cliffs = 286 total with 113 putts

Have fun!

Dude, that looks epic!

I am going to go
92/98/89 = 279 w/total of 100 putts.

I can't wait to see the photos of this man!

That sounds like an absolutely incredible trip!

I'm going to go with 98 at Jack's Point; 104 at Cape Kidnappers and 105 at Kauri Cliffs for a 307 w/ 111 putts.

Wow what an incredible trip.

I'm going with 95 at Jack's Point, 99 at Cape Kidnapper's and 92 at Kauri Cliffs = 286 with 105 putts.

Everyone who is guessing 100+ is on my sh*t list! haha

Well it's not too far off from 2 putting the whole round on average for 3 rounds! That would be 108

Well it's not too far off from 2 putting the whole round on average for 3 rounds! That would be 108

I meant for each round. I no doubt will be over 100 in putts I imagine.

If you had your own clubs it would be a whole different deal my friend. FWIW I hope you do well below the numbers I guessed!

If you had your own clubs it would be a whole different deal my friend. FWIW I hope you do well below the numbers I guessed!
Haha I know I'm just playing

298 with 105 putts. Have Fun!

Sounds like an awesome time is about to be had! Awesome gesture and contest!!!

92 Jack's Point/98 Cape Kidnappers/101 Kauri Cliffs for a 291 w/ 102 Putts

102 Jacks point 101 cape kidnappers and 104 kauai cliffs. Total putts of 109. . Great contest,enjoy the courses.

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Good on you IOD. Sounds like fun.

Great gesture! This is Awesome! 102 Jack's Point/ 101 Cape Kidnappers/ and 103 Kairi Cliffs totaling 306 with 110 for Putts

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Those courses look beautiful, have fun!

93 Jack's Point/ 89 Cape Kidnappers/ 96 Kauri Cliffs for a 278 w/ 121 Putts

117 at Jack's point, 109 at Cape Kidnappers, 116 at Kauri Cliffs for a 342 with 119 putts.

Back