Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

Congrats guys. Im a bit of a shaft rookie so will be following along with interest. Its going to be awesome.

Just got out of a meeting - WOW! I really did not anticipate getting chosen!
More great THP this summer! Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't want to jinx it but now since I've been chosen, first order of business is get travel cover. I got some gift cards to TGW for Christmas and once I found out about this event I purposefully didn't spend it all just in case I was actually chosen for this event. Well, guess that plan actually worked out :D. I've never brought my clubs on a trip I had to fly. Already going through some older threads on here.

Congrats guys!

I realize I may be jumping the gun here, but anybody have any info about where roughly we should be staying? Or I guess the first step is, what's PX's address? Lol

I realize I may be jumping the gun here, but anybody have any info about where roughly we should be staying? Or I guess the first step is, what's PX's address? Lol

We will have some details and suggestions on that coming up very soon. With multiple options. Stay tuned.

We will have some details and suggestions on that coming up very soon. With multiple options. Stay tuned.

Figured as much, just wanted to start the conversation. In case you can't tell...I'm a bit excited. :D

Figured as much, just wanted to start the conversation. In case you can't tell...I'm a bit excited. :D

Don't get cheap and stay inland. You'll want to enjoy the coastal breeze as much as possible.

Don't get cheap and stay inland. You'll want to enjoy the coastal breeze as much as possible.

That might be a pretty far drive after drinks at the restaurant though. My only concern there.

That might be a pretty far drive after drinks at the restaurant though. My only concern there.

Plenty of options close by in La Jolla. Mission Beach wont be too much of a haul either.

Congrats gents!

Close by to PX HQ or to the course? I know next to nothing about San Diego.

Project X is in Miramar and Balboa Park is in Balboa Park. If you stick to Mission Beach it will be your best value and relatively easy yo get to all locations and is close to the airport. Lots of good options since its near where Sea World is.

Project X is in Miramar and Balboa Park is in Balboa Park. If you stick to Mission Beach it will be your best value and relatively easy yo get to all locations and is close to the airport. Lots of good options since its near where Sea World is.

Good info here. Will start surfing for prices and such.

Also, the bolded...LOL

Good info here. Will start surfing for prices and such.

Also, the bolded...LOL

No other way to say it to be honest. Balboa Park area is awesome. San Diego Zoo and the Balboa Park museums are great for extracurricular activities.

Just remember one thing if you are jumping on hotel rooms.
This is a during the week event, therefore there will be rush hour traffic heading to Project X and we will be starting pretty early in the AM each day.

This is a during the week event, therefore there will be rush hour traffic heading to Project X and we will be starting pretty early in the AM each day.

If I may jump in, JB is right. Traffic in the Miramar area can become a nightmare really quick so give yourself a lot of time to get through the area.

So nearer Project X is probably the better bet. Looking at Mission Beach, that isn't too far. At any rate, not jumping on yet until I see the info you guys are releasing.

BTW, other participants, I am more than down to split rooms and car rental when we get to that point.

Participants
Awkward Silence
Jman
StanTheCaddy
cpljohnst
SkiBumGolfer
chumphries
Spivey
Congrats fellas! I can't wait to hear how each of you attack the "testing" phase of this one; and then seeing the shaft education and end result come out of the event.

BLOW...UP...the Live Thread!

So nearer Project X is probably the better bet. Looking at Mission Beach, that isn't too far. At any rate, not jumping on yet until I see the info you guys are releasing.

BTW, other participants, I am more than down to split rooms and car rental when we get to that point.

Splitting a room would up my alley as well.

I'm down with that as well.

Just a FYI on traffic and the commute. I live in downtown, quite near Balboa park and my morning commute is about 40 mins. If you don't mind the traffic and the commute downtown is great, though I am guessing some of you might try to sample all 40 beers at Ballast point so being close to the office and Ballast might be better on Thursday night and then switch to downtown neck of the woods on Friday.

DB

Just a FYI on traffic and the commute. I live in downtown, quite near Balboa park and my morning commute is about 40 mins. If you don't mind the traffic and the commute downtown is great, though I am guessing some of you might try to sample all 40 beers at Ballast point so being close to the office and Ballast might be better on Thursday night and then switch to downtown neck of the woods on Friday.

DB

challenge-accepted-barney-5619.jpeg

Except not really :alien: But I do intend to sample a fair few! Beer flights FTW

Back