Can Mickelson do it?

He definitely can, I don't know if he bags the career grand slam but he will win and win another major

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can win another event or 2 before he hangs it up but I really don't think he will bag another major.

I definitely think so. His days of putting four really good rounds together may be numbered but the talent and ability is certainly still there.

Surprising back 9 for him today... The wheels really fell off.

As long as he's healthy and playing well, I think he's got a few more years to put on another green jacket.
Evidently The Open is his new favorite major, so I wouldn't count him out there either.

Major no

Hell win on tour again but the pool of talent is just to great now days.

Major no

Hell win on tour again but the pool of talent is just to great now days.

How can you watch what he did at the Open last season and then say he can't win a major?

How can you watch what he did at the Open last season and then say he can't win a major?

Had to go back and look to double check...he missed the cut at The Masters and U.S. Open, t33 at PGA and missed the cut at the players last year and only had 6 top 10s last year including the Open Championship. While his performance in The Open was remarkable he hasn't really shown good success as of late to string four rounds together or compete in the big events. 1 top 10 in the 4 events he played before this week.

Had to go back and look to double check...he missed the cut at The Masters and U.S. Open, t33 at PGA and missed the cut at the players last year and only had 6 top 10s last year including the Open Championship. While his performance in The Open was remarkable he hasn't really shown good success as of late to string four rounds together or compete in the big events. 1 top 10 in the 4 events he played before this week.

The question is can he win again. Not who is the current flavor of the week. He has shown he can still card 6-8 birdies in a round. He just needs to make more pars.

The question is can he win again. Not who is the current flavor of the week. He has shown he can still card 6-8 birdies in a round. He just needs to make more pars.

I agree it's about can he win and I don't think it's about making more pars and eliminating the mistakes. When it comes to majors, father time and depth of field are not in his favor. Not discounting what he did at The Open last year but that was almost a year ago and we know each passing year in golf can be different and harder than the year before.

He also had three or four runners up last year. The game is back with his swing changes and he really started turning it on around the 2015 Presidents Cup. He just needs to learn to close again. He's pressing on the back 9 in the final round lately. He did it this week, did it last week, and he did it in Tahoe to start the season in October. I think he should see a Sports Psychologist. Unless it's a Major or The Ryder Cup he seems to not be able to put together 4 complete rounds. His 3rd Round in The British Open last year is what really did him in on that one. It wasn't a bad round but Stenson charging made him press a little. Oh well. He's my favorite golfer all time and I really enjoy watching him playing. He still has the fire and the talent. Unlike Tiger, who I think has neither at this point in his career....

He also had three or four runners up last year. The game is back with his swing changes and he really started turning it on around the 2015 Presidents Cup. He just needs to learn to close again. He's pressing on the back 9 in the final round lately. He did it this week, did it last week, and he did it in Tahoe to start the season in October. I think he should see a Sports Psychologist. Unless it's a Major or The Ryder Cup he seems to not be able to put together 4 complete rounds. His 3rd Round in The British Open last year is what really did him in on that one. It wasn't a bad round but Stenson charging made him press a little. Oh well. He's my favorite golfer all time and I really enjoy watching him playing. He still has the fire and the talent. Unlike Tiger, who I think has neither at this point in his career....

While in the past I would agree Ryder Cup and majors would get him going this past Ryder cup he was pretty inconsistent and the majors last year he went cut, cut, 2nd, t33 and missed cut at the players (5th major). Also played inconsistently at WGC events. His last ein came before the young bucks on tour that have been winning were playing on tour or before breaking out. Guys in their mid 30s and above are on the outside looking in for wins.

Of course, it's Phil we're talking about here!

I did too. Almost isnt the same as a win and now hes a year older and guys he is competing against are just getting better. Its been a long time since he's won...thats not random.

I think he can win a tour event, but not sure if he takes home another major. I'll give him the benefit of the
doubt for this year, but if he goes into next year, I think his chance for a major is done.

He'll win again. I would never count him out on courses where he is comfortable and he still generates enough power to keep up with a lot of his peers.

His success though lives and dies by his putting. He can catch fire anytime. Although I doubt he gets his US Open to be honest.

I think he definitely has the skills to do it. There's a ton of talent out there these days so it will be tough. I see him winning a few still, and hopefully gets that US open.

He'll win again. I would never count him out on courses where he is comfortable and he still generates enough power to keep up with a lot of his peers.

His success though lives and dies by his putting. He can catch fire anytime. Although I doubt he gets his US Open to be honest.

Does he make the cut at the masters this year after missing it last year. The course is made for lefties

Does he make the cut at the masters this year after missing it last year. The course is made for lefties

I would always bet on makes the cut. I dont think he wins another one though.

I still think Phil can win 4-5 more tour events and at least one more major.

After seeing his performance in the Open and the Rider Cup last year, Lefty is not done yet. I for one would like to see him win the US Open.

no career slam....

no career slam....

I see him winning 2 more tourn. before retirement....

The Waste/management in Phoenix next year, and the PGA this year.

Can he do it? Sure. However, 2006 was his best chance. Bones should have broken his driver on the 18th tee box.

Back