Min set up club wise?

Ottawaclo

#THPFunkoFam
Reaction score
Handicap
Titos
Gotta go this year without a driver as I am going to sell off my SZ and my Apex CF16's to raise some funds for the daughters medical bills.

Question is what would the bare min set up you would go with club wise for a full season? I still want to play in my clubs main league....if nothing else but for a stress relief.

Thinking 3W, 6 iron, PW and Putter to start.

thanks

Sorry to hear that :( Why not just game a full set, but buy a used set that is a few years old?

Sorry to hear that :( Why not just game a full set, but buy a used set that is a few years old?

Sadly it would have to be a freebie at this point tbh.

I have some random clubs in the garage from when I began to play years ago and the only clubs worth anything are the 6 iron, wedge and putter (nike method).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have a Cleveland Launcher I would be willing to loan you until you can get things taken care of....

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have a Cleveland Launcher I would be willing to loan you until you can get things taken care of....

Very much appreciated but I just would not feel comfortable doing that to be honest...what if I snapped it! lol. Thank you tho....the thought is very much appreciated.

Very much appreciated but I just would not feel comfortable doing that to be honest...what if I snapped it! lol. Thank you tho....the thought is very much appreciated.
No problem. Best of luck

Hope you daughters gets better.
I'm sure someone at your club has a spare set they could lend you if you ask around.

Hope you daughters gets better.
I'm sure someone at your club has a spare set they could lend you if you ask around.

Prob right....but its easier to ask questions and insight on a forum than to tell people in person whats going on lol

Have you looked in thrift shops for used clubs? Salvation Army, goodwill, church thrift shops. Most have clubs. Couple bucks apiece.

I have several drivers and would be more than honored to send you one. I have a Titleist 913 and 915, a Taylormade SLDR almost new that I only hit a couple times, and probably a couple others. I am down in the Myrtle Beach area until April 1st, but could ship you your preference as soon as I get home to Ohio. If you are interested, just pm me your shipping address.

I have several drivers and would be more than honored to send you one. I have a Titleist 913 and 915, a Taylormade SLDR almost new that I only hit a couple times, and probably a couple others. I am down in the Myrtle Beach area until April 1st, but could ship you your preference as soon as I get home to Ohio. If you are interested, just pm me your shipping address.

Appreciated. I will see what i can find locally and go from there. Hopefully I do not have to resort to that and can find a good used mixed bag.

I appreciate all the offers and suggestions.

Have you looked in thrift shops for used clubs? Salvation Army, goodwill, church thrift shops. Most have clubs. Couple bucks apiece.

Good idea...never even thought of those spots.

Give your local Craigslist a look too - often littered with people trying to unload clubs. And don't be scared by the asking prices - people are often looking to move their stuff and will listen to reasonable offers.

Appreciated. I will see what i can find locally and go from there. Hopefully I do not have to resort to that and can find a good used mixed bag.

I appreciate all the offers and suggestions.

My offer stands. The clubs are just taking up space in my closet. Please don't feel that i am offering them in sympathy. They are just sitting there and they need to be enjoyed by someone.

Gotta go this year without a driver as I am going to sell off my SZ and my Apex CF16's to raise some funds for the daughters medical bills.

Question is what would the bare min set up you would go with club wise for a full season? I still want to play in my clubs main league....if nothing else but for a stress relief.

Thinking 3W, 6 iron, PW and Putter to start.thanks

In response to your original question, I would probably go 3w, 5iron, 9iron, sw, putter...going down to the 5 iron might help balance some distances, and a sw will come in handy too, imo..

In response to your original question, I would probably go 3w, 5iron, 9iron, sw, putter...going down to the 5 iron might help balance some distances, and a sw will come in handy too, imo..

Thanks..ya if i go 9 iron i would defo slide down to a SW

I've got a couple Callaway wedges that I'm not using, and I'm not planning on selling, that are yours if you'd like them. A moderately used 50* MD3, and fairly used 54* MD2, and a tour grind 58* MD2 that has been hit less than 100 times. Just let me know. They're taking up space in a closet and if you'll get some enjoyment out of them, I'd be happy to send them to you.

I've got a couple Callaway wedges that I'm not using, and I'm not planning on selling, that are yours if you'd like them. A moderately used 50* MD3, and fairly used 54* MD2, and a tour grind 58* MD2 that has been hit less than 100 times. Just let me know. They're taking up space in a closet and if you'll get some enjoyment out of them, I'd be happy to send them to you.

Seriously might take up some of these offers as coming from fellow golfers I at least know that even if older clubs...they were taken care of.

Thanks

I hate to here your daughter is in medical need.

I have a set of j40 dpc and will have 910 driver 3wd and hybo as well and a set 52,56,60 Cleveland wedges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to here your daughter is in medical need.

I have a set of j40 dpc and will have 910 driver 3wd and hybo as well and a set 52,56,60 Cleveland wedges

Thanks for the kind words. She has PH and the meds are 13k a month but after insurance and the deductible its NOT as bad...costs about 10-15k a year out of pocket. 2016 was the first year I did not get a year end bonus at work (no manager did) and that hurt. Set up a gofundme last year but obviously you cannot rely on that......so selling what i know I dont NEED and hopefully later in the year once her deductible is paid off, I can snag a new set thats a year or two older (and cheaper).

Thanks again everyone for the kind words and suggestions. Sold my M2 3 Wood last night.

That's tough man sorry to hear about her condition. If you need anything I'm sure this community will help out anyway they can.

My offer and I'm sure others on clubs stand.

Played first round of the year and my first ever without a 3 wood ( sold my m2). Only really missed it one hole...obvo this is because i still had a driver.

Rescue club (18*) came in super handy. Leaning hard on keeping that

So just an update...

Sold the SZ and my M2 three wood and my 52 and 56 degree MD3 wedges....then I traded some shoes for two used wedges to replace the ones I sold.

Currently gaming a 19* M2 Rescue (not an 18* like i mistyped in previous post) and still my Apex CF16 4-AW iron set.....which I know I could sell if i lowered the price but I just cant go under $500 for them.....might have no choice tho.

So with that in mind if anyone has anymore ideal set ups let me know. I KNOW at some point I have to sell my biggest valued items and that is the iron set.

Thanks again for all the help and support and offers.

Back