#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Here are spieth a sticks from his win

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5* Aldila Rogue Limited Edition Black 60TX

3wood: Titleist 915F 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X

Hybrid: Titleist 816H2 21* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X

Irons: Titleist 716 T-MB 4i, Titleist 716 AP2 5-9 Project X 6.5

Wedges: Vokey SM6 (46-08 F grind, 52-08 F grind, 56-10 S grind, 60-04 L grind) PX6.5 (46,52) PX 6.0 (56,60)

Putter: Scotty Cameron 009 Prototype

Ball: Titleist Prov1X

Thanks emart! Interesting to see the 6.5 and then 6.0 wedges. I guess he swaps out the 46 and 52 for different playing conditions?

Listening to the No Laying Up podcast with Jordan, he mentioned he's testing the 917 line but not quite dialed in. Hopefully at some point this year we'll see the 917 line creep in the bag.

Listening to the No Laying Up podcast with Jordan, he mentioned he's testing the 917 line but not quite dialed in. Hopefully at some point this year we'll see the 917 line creep in the bag.

I was just wondering about this over in the tourney thread. Thanks!

Great setup and a solid win for Spieth!

Thanks emart! Interesting to see the 6.5 and then 6.0 wedges. I guess he swaps out the 46 and 52 for different playing conditions?

He doesn't switch them out, goes 4 wedge setup with the Vokeys.

Great to see him finish the way he did!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Vokey said on Twitter that he goes with a softer flex in the 56 and 60 because of feel.

When his iron game is solid - doesn't even need to be great, and his putter is what it is, this guy is just relentless

The guys I know that have switched from the 915's to the 917's feel they have gained some both in the area of straightness and distance.
Should do nothing but help Jordan when he make the switch.

Great win for Speith. His swing looks really good and much smoother than last year to me.

He's appearing to pull the trigger much more quickly this year. I think he got a little messed up in the head last year after Augusta and didn't trust his swing completely. If the putter stays hot, as it was the first three days this week, he will be tough to beat at the Masters.

Great win for Speith. His swing looks really good and much smoother than last year to me.

He got back to his rhythm. His tempo is back to what it was in 2015. As a result he's gotten a little longer!

#TEAMSNELL aka #TeamGreen

Solid win

He got back to his rhythm. His tempo is back to what it was in 2015. As a result he's gotten a little longer!

#TEAMSNELL aka #TeamGreen

He looked like he was trying to keep up with the big boys last year. It's nice see him looking confident and comfortable.

He was in 6.0 iron shafts last year. Switched to the 6.5 this year

Looking like he has his swagger back. Field better watch out this year. I don't think this will be his last win this year.

Nice set up there. Great win. Looking forward to seeing what he can do the rest of the season.

Looking like he has his swagger back. Field better watch out this year. I don't think this will be his last win this year.

I totally agree. Speith being #1 in GIR this year is almost unfair as he is the best putter on the planet. I'm predicting 5 wins for him this year and hopefully 1 or more will be a major.

Top 15 in total driving and top 2 in GIR's and his putter seems to be heating up. Scary trio if that holds together come April!

Top 15 in total driving and top 2 in GIR's and his putter seems to be heating up. Scary trio if that holds together come April!

Fighting the hook which I'm ok with and I think better than the block he had last year

I wouldn't mind this set up!

Awesome win for Spieth. Can't wait to see how he continues to play... Should be a fun Masters!

He did a similar thing with his irons if I recall. Took him a full season to move to the 716 lineup. I think he will do about the same thing with his woods.

I feel the excitement in that post.

Nice win for Spieth!

Back