What Equipment Just Can Not work for You?

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
I am sure there is a piece of golf equipment you coveted, demoed, and tried to do well with but it just did not work.

I desperately want to be able to game an Anser style putter. I have tried every iteration from every manufacturer but I simply can not get comfortable and always end up back at a face balanced maller.

#9 style putters... I pull them left in a very big way... I love how they look, but I just can't make them work consistently

For me there are a few.

Mizuno- I like how their clubs look aesthetically, but I could never get comfortable with anything from their lineup

SeeMore- I have not found a head shape that worked out. the RST technology works and the few I've rolled I can see it in action, but just never found something that works.

I'm the opposite of fup - I find I have a really hard time squaring up big face balanced mallets - I find myself pushing them more often than not.

Other than that, I'm trying to think what doesn't really work for me - maybe really lightweight shafts, but that's more due to the fact that I tend to start the swing from the top and pull down when I'm off - and heavier helps a bit with that.

Lightweight. Pretty much everything that is made for increased speed means my spin is going through the roof

Taylormade R1 driver. Everything about it was better numbers than my bio cell, yet I couldn't get it to work on the course. Maybe it's just a mental block but taylormade equipment has not been kind to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High bounced wedges. I have no idea why but if I can see some of the bounce at address I can't mentally do it. I feel as if I'm going to hit every shot fat.

Anything that falls into the lightweight category is a no-go for me. Trying to play the Cleveland 290 gram driver was a disaster for me a few years ago, and then I got fit a couple of years later into heavier swingweights, which made my struggles with lighter clubs make so much sense.

Putting: I'd love to play a blade putter, but I just rotate the face too much for me to be consistent. I also cannot play SeeMore putters at all, I forward press when I putt which shows that red dot and I just can't deal with that.

left handed equipment.

I grabbed a custom Rotex 2.0 wedge to replace my existing rotex wedge.

Hosel rockets, shanks, bladed shots were all that I could manage with it. Super strange, I just could not get it to work for me.

They make left handed equipment?

some companies, although I only ever hear the complaints of those who don't make them.

For me it's SeeMore putters. When I try and cover the red dot it sets up so open to my eyes. I don't think I've ever made a putt with one.

I desperately want to be able to game an Anser style putter. I have tried every iteration from every manufacturer but I simply can not get comfortable and always end up back at a face balanced maller.

I'm pretty much the same as you. I've had some beautiful Anser styles and I just could not get comfortable with them.

seemore

lightweight

blades

prov1

round wedges

low bounce

The M1 and M2 drivers. I tried them both out and could not hit anything worth noting. I don't think it was my swing because I demoed the xr16 right after and fell in love. I think that 2016 M2 is one of the best looking drivers made yet I could not get it to work.

High bounced wedges. I have no idea why but if I can see some of the bounce at address I can't mentally do it. I feel as if I'm going to hit every shot fat.
I have the same problem...Except I'm afraid I'm gonna thin the crap out of the ball with them lol.

For me though it's gotta be any sort of distance iron or low spin iron. Sure I can hit ball far with them but good luck actually playing golf with them.

I'm trying to think and I really don't know. I don't like plumbers neck putters, but I can play them if need be. I've never been a big counter balanced putter fan, but again with some work, I can make it be fine. I've played irons with extremely light shafts, and played muscle cavity irons with C Taper shafts. Even a higher spinning head can work for me in the right setup. So I really don't know the answer.

Counter balanced putters just don't work for me. The overall feel is just too heavy. Not a fan.

Also, while I get some of my best strikes with very low spinning drivers, my miss is too commonly a knuckle ball that refuses to stay in the air.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

left handed equipment.

POW... you win

I'm trying to think and I really don't know. I don't like plumbers neck putters, but I can play them if need be. I've never been a big counter balanced putter fan, but again with some work, I can make it be fine. I've played irons with extremely light shafts, and played muscle cavity irons with C Taper shafts. Even a higher spinning head can work for me in the right setup. So I really don't know the answer.

Ha plumbers neck!

Any putter but the Nead

Fairway woods

I was having the same issue - I think I can say I have a strong preference for a few things, but I think I struck the ball best with a set of clubs that were in no way set up for me while I was on vacation last year, so that's sort of thrown a whole wrench in my thinking since then.

I can't along with Taylormade drivers and the high MOI putters. Just never been good or confident with them at all.

The M1 and I didn't get along at all not matter how many times I tried it out.

High lofted wedges. Anything over 58 is blade city for me

Right now it's non GI irons. I'm having a horrible time with players (cb) irons.

Back