Not teeing it up on par 3's

jetsfan23

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all,

First time poster.

I just don't get it why people don't tee it up on par threes. Wouldn't it giove it an advantage. Plus it takes holes out of the tee box. Just a vent, thoughts?

Welcome to THP.
Depending on the club, I dont tee it up on par 3s. 7 iron and shorter, its right off the grass. Longer, its on a tee. FWIW, with proper technique, a divot would be left regardless and the course should be moving tees appropriately.

Welcome to THP!

I agree on the tee for par 3s, every chance i have to pick up a perfect lie, I take it. I still take a divot though.

I try to take advantage of any opportunity to make the game easier for myself. Putting it on a tee 18 time a round is a no brainer for me.

I forget who it was, but there was a pretty famous pro who had the same thought. They always teed it up on the par threes even though a good amount of tour pros don't when they get to their shorter irons.

I'm with you though, I always tee up my par 3's.

First of all, Welcome to THP, to your question, I always use a tee, my father in law on the other hand never does and rarely even if he's using a hybrid or wood. But he's also been known to driver off the deck more often than not!

Welcome to THP!

Someone (Pro Golfer) once said, an time I get to use a tee, I will. I can't remember who that was, but it's always stuck with me. So, MOST of the time I'm suing a tee on every tee box.

I'm not saying that I always do that, but most of the time I do....and still trying to take a divot in front of the tee.

I generally don't use a tee and for me I've had better success hitting the greens. Not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP.
Depending on the club, I dont tee it up on par 3s. 7 iron and shorter, its right off the grass. Longer, its on a tee. FWIW, with proper technique, a divot would be left regardless and the course should be moving tees appropriately.

100% agree with all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

I'll tee it up, if you call it that, I'll set it right down, the tee is just for getting the ball level and stable.

I tee it 95% of the time. In a more relaxed round I'll build a tee on the tee box and have at it.

Welcome to THP! If I have a chance to use a tee, I'm doing it!

Really depends on the club for me.

Welcome to THP!

I used to not tee it up on Par 3s at all, but I have gotten away from that. Wedge or a 9 iron are off the grass, but anything higher is off a tee and barely off the ground at that.

It's all personal preference. I tee it up because I am more of a sweeper, so It helps me find the center of the club easier on those par 3's. I guess if you are a better ball striker or take deeper divots, not using a tee makes more sense.

Welcome to THP. For myself I always use a tee when playing a par 3. I will take a perfect lie whenever I can get it

Welcome to THP!

Someone (Pro Golfer) once said, an time I get to use a tee, I will. I can't remember who that was, but it's always stuck with me. So, MOST of the time I'm suing a tee on every tee box.

I'm not saying that I always do that, but most of the time I do....and still trying to take a divot in front of the tee.

I think it was Jack Nicklaus

I'll use a tee whenever I can. However, if it's a short par 3 (under 100 yds) I won't use a tee.

Unless I'm hitting a wedge from the tee, I'll always use one. But then again, a lot of the courses I play around here, if you see the tee boxes, you would know why I use one.

I take divots with or without a tee. On shorter par 3s, sometimes I choose not to use a tee, and it typically is the result of me wanting to take a few yards off the shot.

~Rock

I always use a broken tee stub.

always tee it up on par 3s. why not take advantage of the opportunity to get a lie of your choice.

A perfect lie every time and no risk at all of the ground playing any part. Also allows forgiveness for being a tad fat.

But I am not understanding the logic of using one only on longer irons but not short ones. Why should that be any different?

I play mainly on zoysia tee's, so I seldom tee it up with an iron, zoysia is like being on a tee :)

Back