Annoyed beyond words

Deano

Reaction score
Handicap
Popped over to my local field to work on some short game stuff, a field I've been to many times before, with my month old 58* RTX-3. Going okay and then I heard it, stone against metal......

club.jpg

It had obviously happened a few times before, without me realising! So, so annoyed.

Is there anything I can do or is it a case of learn from my mistakes?

Luckily it wont affect play-ability, but yeah hate when that happens. Just the nature of the beast I am afraid. Learn to embrace the patina.

Go practice your bunker game, it'll kinda help sand out some of that. That, and it'll gain new dings and you'll forget about that one

Go practice your bunker game, it'll kinda help sand out some of that. That, and it'll gain new dings and you'll forget about that one

Not a bad shout that.

It can be buffed out to a certain extent. Maybe not all but the effect can be minimized!!

Clubs are tools they don't stay pristine. I wouldn't worry about it since it won't affect play.

They are tools that are meant to be used. Embrace it.

It's a wedge dude, they take a pounding.

Clubs are tools they don't stay pristine. I wouldn't worry about it since it won't affect play.

Yup. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Well, a belt grinder would even out the finish......

Are the grooves okay?

Those are some nasty marks. I feel your pain as I've had similar things happen. Although clubs are "meant" to get beaten up, it's never fun when it happens. Luckily nothing that bad has ever happened to me or I'd probably be frustrated.

I like the bunker practice idea though. Could help with it.

Once I hit a fairway metal off the deck close to sundown and it was like I lit a match, a huge spark blew up. A little scrape for a big scare! Unfortunately, dings always find themselves to appear on my clubs.

I like the look of experienced clubs...they have been around the block a time or two...that's a good thing!

I like a little bit of character (as long as it is not a sky mark...)

I've done similar by finding rocks in a bunker and was annoyed as well. I'm learning that it's just a chunk of metal designed to be hit into the ground over and over again and not to worry so much about what the sole looks like (or other minor dents/dings). It's a process...

I'm thankful I don't play desert golf because of this. One trip out west was all it took for a few clubs to get scraped really bad.

Better the club get the scratches over your hands/wrist get hurt. Like others have said, battle scars man.

I'm thankful I don't play desert golf because of this. One trip out west was all it took for a few clubs to get scraped really bad.
Golf Channel's Matt Ginella did a feature on Scottsdale area courses a few weeks ago. He specifically mentioned when playing desert golf course the necessity of having a desert club. An old wedge or 8 iron for taking the shots that find the "off beaten path" type areas...

The Kittyhawk Golf courses in North Dayton were notorious the gravel just beneath the surface of the turf. Hit a chuck of a rock and took a huge chip out of a 7 iron many years ago with a borrowed set of clubs.

Just war wounds.

Scars are cool. :rockon:

Same thing happened with my raw 56*. I think I had it a month and caught a rock somewhere that left a nice gouge. Usually that drives me crazy but in this case I embraced the "character" of it.

Frustrating to see something you'd spent some $$ on dinged up...yes. Cool battle scar...also yes. Like some have already posted...embrace it, and don't let it get into your head.

Back