Band of Brothers series

Such a great series! I have to box DVD set. Might have to break it out and watch them over again soon!

This is when men were men.

A different breed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the book, and I've had the DVD box set since it came out. Watch this series at least once a year. My kid will grow up watching it as well. We should never forget what the Greatest Generation went through to keep our country free. If we forget, we're doomed to repeat history ... and that won't end well for anyone involved.

I watched the series and also have the DVD set.

As a retired military person, it was refreshing to me not seeing war being glamorized.

Watching episode 2 now

Band of Brothers series

I was a senior in college when BoB came out on HBO. My roommate and I would watch it on Sunday night before heading to the bar. What a fantastic series. I hope that I'd be as brave as those men.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this to compliment BOB and the pacific.

https://youtu.be/PhmFFtjB2qY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doing some research doesn't look good this will ever come out. I didn't get in to a ton of research but quick looks seem like it's run terribly over budget and has supposed to have been released about 3 years ago.

I loved BOB, and it sounds like I need to see the Pacific.

If you haven't seen Generation Kill you need to. A look inside of the initial offensive in Iraq. It was really really good as well.

I came back from my first deployment to Iraq and almost immediately bought Band of Brothers on DVD. I'd spend most of my Sundays with it on while I got ready for the week; starching uniforms and polishing boots (the good old days of barracks life.) I can still easily watch most of the series in a go and enjoy it, despite being able to quote almost every line word for word. Damien Lewis has a very convincing American accent.

I watched the Pacific and thought it a bit over the top in terms of how the conditions and violence were portrayed. It seemed to go from simply not being glamorized in Band of Brothers to being intentionally presented to sicken in the Pacific. Then I read With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge (which should be required reading, IMO) and discovered that the show was very much true to the source material. It's a very different show from Band of Brothers because it follows people instead of an organization, so you get an idea of military life in the Pacific Theater besides the fighting.

I enjoyed Generation Kill, and I think it's a pretty accurate depiction of Iraq in the early days of the war (I got there just post-invasion in June 2003) that could go from serious to absurd and back in such short order that a lot of people don't believe it. I'd say Generation Kill might be the only depiction of the Iraq war that was made several years after that doesn't really get into the big political view of weapons of mass destruction and all that stuff.

Thanks for the update. I have the book. But, never saw the series. Will definitely be binge watching this one. AIRBORNE!

Doing some research doesn't look good this will ever come out. I didn't get in to a ton of research but quick looks seem like it's run terribly over budget and has supposed to have been released about 3 years ago.

The realism in this looks amazing. This is the first I have heard of this. Hopefully it sees the light of day at some point.

If you want a great read, the books by Stephen Ambrose about the 101st and Easy Company are fantastic. True heroes and the stories are incredible.

If you want a great read, the books by Stephen Ambrose about the 101st and Easy Company are fantastic. True heroes and the stories are incredible.

I've never read the books but I plan to soon. Thanks!

I seriously e noted the series when I watched it a few years ago and rewatched it again this past summer. It's just an amazing story and such a great cast outside of chandler from friends in my opinion but it's because he's a character everyone gets to hate anyways

I seriously e noted the series when I watched it a few years ago and rewatched it again this past summer. It's just an amazing story and such a great cast outside of chandler from friends in my opinion but it's because he's a character everyone gets to hate anyways

Schwimmer does a great job of being a real jackass in this series. I am on episode 6 now and it is still amazing to watch after the 4th or 5th time.

One of my favorite series, I watch it every other year; dust of the steelbox DVD-set and park myself in bed for a couple of days.

As TheHeez rightfully said: Go and read the book. You'll finish it in no-time, as the stories are so well written you'll keep reading.

Great series! I can't even count how many times I've watched the series.

My grandfather landed on Normandy and fought through Europe. That series always chokes me up. It's hard to watch.

Back