Unofficial Indianapolis, IN Outing - August 18-20th

IndySC

'16 #TheGrandaddy
Reaction score
Handicap
Unknown
Opening the course gates and Aaron's house to all who would like to make the trip over to the Indianapolis area August 18-20.
Come on over to the middle of the crossroads of America!

The plan will be to golf Friday afternoon. Saturday morning round at Kampen Golf course in West Lafayette followed by a lunch at Harry's Chocolate Shop at Purdue if wanted. Saturday night we will have a BBQ at Aaron's house. And for those who would like, we will take on a Sunday morning round as well.

When: Friday, August 18th through Sunday, August 20th.

Where: Indianapolis, IN / West Lafayette, IN

Schedule:
Friday: A single afternoon round @ Purgatory golf course starting at 1pm. This round will be $69.

Saturday: A single morning round @ The Kampen Course in West Lafayette, IN with tee times starting at 10:20am. Kampen is the nice and difficult course of the two on site. We can meet for lunch post-round at Harry's Chocolate Shop on the Purdue campus for those who wish. This is roughly an hour drive from Indianapolis. Saturday evening we will have a BBQ at Aaron's house. Cost for the round will be $68 and will include range balls.

Sunday: A single morning round at the infamous Brickyard Crossing Golf Course in Indianapolis starting at 8:30am. For those who have never played, you will get to traverse the grounds of the Indianapolis 500 of which 4 holes of the golf course lie inside the track. Round will cost $80, which is the guest price for the course. We will be playing a couple weeks before an LPGA event so the course should be in fantastic shape.

List of courses that will be played:
https://purgatorygolf.com/
https://www.purduegolf.com/kampen-course.html
https://www.brickyardcrossing.com/Home.aspx

Please post in the thread if you are interested in joining us for any rounds.

Confirmed:
amsmith61
Mike Christman +3
IndySC
IndySC +2
brianmk24
Shankosaurus
markm778
NerdyGolfer_81
Robozeo
OhioGolfer
so-illhacker
TheBigStroke

Friday October 18thSaturday October 19thSunday October 20th
1:00pm10:208:30
RobozeoMike ChristmanIndySC
brianmk24
Mike Christman +1IndySC +1
Shankosaurusamsmith61IndySC +2
IndySC +3
1:1010:308:40
amsmith61
IndySCamsmith61
so-illhacker
markm778Shankosaurus
IndySC
Robozeo
OhioGolfer
brianmk24brianmk24
1:2010:408:50
Mike Christman
Mike Christman +2Mike Chirstman
Mike Christman +1
Mike Christman +3Mike Christman +1
Mike Christman +2
ShankosaurusMike Christman +2
Mike Christman +3
so-illhackerMike Christman +3
9:00
so-illhacker
Robozeo
NerdyGolfer_81
markm778

Last edited:
This is cool. I'm an definitely interested and will know more of my schedule in June timeframe but I'm going to try and make this

You know, I might be interested. Be good "Prep" for the Grandaddy.

Definitely interested will know for sure as we closer to summer

This is cool. I'm an definitely interested and will know more of my schedule in June timeframe but I'm going to try and make this

Got you in. Hope you can make it!

I'm sure there will be some solid grandaddy representation. Stories will flow.

I think it will be great Grandaddy prep as I convinced Steve to play Purgatory a couple of times last year and I know he played the Kampen course last fall as well.

Hopefully you can join us.

I think it will be great Grandaddy prep as I convinced Steve to play Purgatory a couple of times at year and I know he played the Kampen course last fall as well.

Hopefully you can join us.

If you can navigate purgatory and kampen, you can navigate the hideaway. That I am confident in.

Hard for me to look out that far, but Id probably be a solid maybe for right now (just might have to come back Sat night)

Hard for me to look out that far, but Id probably be a solid maybe for right now (just might have to come back Sat night)

Sounds good man. Will throw you on maybe for now and can adjust accordingly. It's out there but wanted to get it on people's radars early.

Is there a way I can go to this but not have to interact with that big hairless dude! We don't get a long very well.

:alien:

This can be arranged.

Sounds like a good event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I'm interested in this one. All depends on if I get a full time teaching gig and when the school year begins.

@rambler Whatcha say?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Is there a way I can go to this but not have to interact with that big hairless dude! We don't get a long very well.

You would miss me..

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I'm interested in this one. All depends on if I get a full time teaching gig and when the school year begins.

@rambler Whatcha say?

Gotcha in. School years don't start that early do they? I thought Labor Day was the kickoff. I should know this as my wife is also a teacher.

Does this count as an in?

Gotcha in. School years don't start that early do they? I thought Labor Day was the kickoff. I should know this as my wife is also a teacher.
Last year the school I student taught at started on the 14th of August.

How can I not be a maybe which could be a definite based on reciprocity :wink:

Last year the school I student taught at started on the 14th of August.

Yikes. Good luck either way!

Definitely interested. I'll be a maybe for now. Like MD it's hard for me to look out that far quite yet, but should know for sure with plenty of time before.

Definitely interested. I'll be a maybe for now. Like MD it's hard for me to look out that far quite yet, but should know for sure with plenty of time before.

Gotcha on. Hope you can make the trip.

Back