The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Well I guess I officially stand corrected.
I didn't think Tiger would be this competitive again, or at least for a long time. I'm glad he's playing decent again.

Great to see him still in it, now all he needs is a melt down at the top and lots of birdies.

Sure not likely but in the old days we would watch because it was always possible for him to go birdie crazy and scare the rest off their games, that is sure not happening any more but still good to see him make the weekend.

I think like JB said he's playing much better than the past 3 or 4 years but still has work to do, he will get back to form in short order I think. The real test will be the US open.

he will get back to form in short order I think.

Ya think so? You might be right, I am not sure. I still want to see 4 good rounds in a row.
Good news though is we are seeing the birth of the next breed of incredible golfers.

Ya think so? You might be right, I am not sure. I still want to see 4 good rounds in a row.
Good news though is we are seeing the birth of the next breed of incredible golfers.

Yeah, I am completely not convinced. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, but man it would be exciting if he was. I know alot of people don't see it, but I think its great to see him in contention, even if I am not as much of a fan as I once was.

I just hope they don't start comparing anyone to TW. Let's let the new breed be their own men.

I do JB, his move is so nice compared to what he had and he's repeating it lol vs a different swing every time he got up to the ball. I agree about 4 solid rounds and I think we get them this week. It's been a long time coming.

The young guns are awesome, I love Day and Rose, Spieth is growing on me as is Reed and it's undeniable that the last two have incredible games.

I think these two days have been better than expected. Yeah there's been a couple wayward shots but I think he looks way more comfortable.

I just hope they don't start comparing anyone to TW. Let's let the new breed be their own men.

I thought we already knew Spieth was the Next Tiger, I mean, have you seen him this week.

Of course, it used to be Rory, and Adam Scott before him.

Unfortunately good bad or indifferent Tiger is the bar all golfers will be measured against if they have superstar potential, lets face it, most of them grew up idolizing him.

I agree about 4 solid rounds and I think we get them this week. It's been a long time coming.

He shot over par in round 1 though.

He shot over par in round 1 though.

C'mon dude you know as well as I do that it's a huge success compared to what we have been witnessing the past few years, 1 over was good round lol.

C'mon dude you know as well as I do that it's a huge success compared to what we have been witnessing the past few years, 1 over was good round lol.

I think he is trending the right way, but to me, we have seen a single good round. Even at his bottom we saw some of these. Heck, if you go through this thread, see how many times people said "The swing looks solid, I think this is finally the turn". It was every other week it seemed like.

I have picked him to win this tournament every year he has been in it for the last decade I think and been wrong just about every time in the predictions. I said he would come back and win it this time (ddec kind of laughed at me) and then yesterday showed up.

Today is a good start, but I think patience is going to be key, and clearly his fans have that.

I think this one is different and I don't say that full of fandom, I say it from a technical standpoint, his grip, his posture, his angles, they're all very similar to when he played good golf with the exception of his abbreviated follow through on a lot of iron shots. I'm certainly not as educated on the swing like most of you guys, but I do know what it takes to play good golf and I think he's incredibly close.

As a fan I hope he shoots a 60 playing with Sergio tomorrow but I'd be happy with a 67 or 68.

I think this one is different and I don't say that full of fandom, I say it from a technical standpoint, his grip, his posture, his angles, they're all very similar to when he played good golf with the exception of his abbreviated follow through on a lot of iron shots. I'm certainly not as educated on the swing like most of you guys, but I do know what it takes to play good golf and I think he's incredibly close.

As a fan I hope he shoots a 60 playing with Sergio tomorrow but I'd be happy with a 67 or 68.

Looking forward to following along brother. Tomorrow is moving day at the Masters. Im not as sold as you, but it will be fun to follow.

But by the same token, TW was always compared to Jack, so I think it's only natural the next phenom that breaks out is put up against Tiger and his accomplishments, as he is the most recent "great" of the last generation.

It is hard to overlook more recent ugliness in Tiger's game so I'm not getting over my skis making any proclamations. And I agree that doing it repeatedly is the real test. But the past two days looked pretty good to me.

I think it's promising. He's doing much better than I thought he would. Making the cut at a major is leaps and bounds better than his recent results.

Well said brother....so tired of comparisons and claiming someone is the next so and so...they are their own player and each person before them was their own.

But by the same token, TW was always compared to Jack, so I think it's only natural the next phenom that breaks out is put up against Tiger and his accomplishments, as he is the most recent "great" of the last generation.

I agree. What sports fan wouldnt compare current to past and future? Tiger will always be compared to Jack and he was compared to Arnold. Every sport's top players are compared to previous generations. Heck every prospect in every sport is always compared to current and past stars.

Not sure I understand the thought that a comparison is negative.

uploadfromtaptalk1428717279855.jpgshould make a entertaining pairing don't yall think!

So where did the nay sayers go that didn't believe Tiger shot 67 in practice?

So where did the nay sayers go that didn't believe Tiger shot 67 in practice?

Were there any? Oh yeah, the one guy earlier said he didnt believe it happened.

Although Tiger isn't in true contention of winning this, him being up there this week is great for the game! I think this is exactly what the sport needed out of Tiger this week.

Although Tiger isn't in true contention of winning this, him being up there this week is great for the game! I think this is exactly what the sport needed out of Tiger this week.
He hasn't finished yet. Who knows. He may "tweak" something and he will be out for another year.

Back