Patrick Reed - Best On Tour Currently?

It's safe to say that Reed and Walker are firm a top the best American players with Jordan right on their heals. Walker did his damage late in 2013 when the wrap around season started then Reed started his surge. Jordan shows consistency and a few wins. Walker throws his game back in high gear with 2 wins and consistency in 2015.

They aren't flashy and don't command a great deal of attention in the non golf world. But these three are the best we have and hard tough to beat when they are on with their workman like games. Today I rank them as follows, Walker, Jordan then Reed.

You can see Jordan learning the pro game in front of our own eyes and to me that is pretty cool to see going on. Even at 21 years old he's putting the pieces together each tournament he plays and seems to enjoy and savor learning the game even more. The more experience he gains the smarter he will play and the pieces will begin to fall even more in place. What a talent he is already at 21.

It's safe to say that Reed and Walker are firm a top the best American players with Jordan right on their heals. Walker did his damage late in 2013 when the wrap around season started then Reed started his surge. Jordan shows consistency and a few wins. Walker throws his game back in high gear with 2 wins and consistency in 2015.

They aren't flashy and don't command a great deal of attention in the non golf world. But these three are the best we have and hard tough to beat when they are on with their workman like games. Today I rank them as follows, Walker, Jordan then Reed.

I don't think it's safe to say at all, especially if you just focus on golf and the results. As much as many might dislike him, Bubba can definitely be argued at tops. Most wins...and only one with any majors of those 4. He's been pretty consistent the past 2 years as well in the top 5 of Fedex standings as well.

Man, if he pulls this one out or has at least another top 3, it would be hard for me to say anyone but Spieth. His putting has to be one of the best on tour currently.

i wouldn't have thought of sneds in that list. i would think rickie commands a much bigger following when you're talking strictly about brand and who moves the needle. when we were at bay hill, rory had the biggest crowd, and rickie had the second largest crowd following him.
As a fan of golf, I can't get behind a guy that has no wins to speak of in his pocket. I like him but Sneds has done more in his career than rickie. I'd take Sneds over rickie any day. I like RF a lot but he moves the needle because of his celebrity and nothing more.

If Speith wins tomorrow does he vault up to #1???

If Speith wins tomorrow does he vault up to #1???

I say yes. #4 in the world currently, and haven't looked at it but he might move to #3 with a win? Also would move to #1 in Fedex cup points as well. #1 or 2 in almost every putting category and just seems to be very consistent right now scoring wise, even on days he's not striking it that well. That would also make his last 3 starts Win - 2nd - Win.

Regardless of who I think is No 1, Im very excited to see all the young guns handling business! The tour is in good hands for sure!

Regardless of who I think is No 1, Im very excited to see all the young guns handling business! The tour is in good hands for sure!

Not to get off topic, but it's a shame to hear the media still focus on Phil and Tiger as of the faces of the tour, heard today on broadcast.

So is it Spieth yet?

I think the hottest golfer on the planet is Jordan at this moment. I hope it last. He is one of a few hot American golfers leading the pga tour.

Has to be Jordan at this point. Can't argue against his results.

Easily Jordan. It's not close.

Reed has his moments, but I don't think he has what a guy like Spieth has.

I had a long response but it's pointless. How you can take into account what Rory did last summer is beyond me. It's a new season and Jordan is dominating it right now. Will that change over the year? I would bet on it.

Reed is way to cocky for my liking . A little spoiled kid , and his off course antics are terrible. Seems like dad always bails him out

Spieth i believe has more top 10s than Reed. Speith has 3 tour victories plus the Hero World challenge and Australian Open.

I still think Rory is the best player on tour but imo Spieth is better than Reed.

Back