What is your "Gamer" Ball in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson Staff Duos (or WS F/G Tours if I can find them cheap)

Love my Precept Laddie. Been playing it for a while now. I love the softness and control I have with it. I also love the fact that it's $20 for 2 dozen. :)

2015 Titleist Pro V1x

Chrome Soft

Its really close for me between the Chrome Soft and E6. I have a couple of dozen of each. I'm leaning towards the Chrome Soft now, but they're not as easy on the wallet.

say you are playing in a tourney tomorrow, what ball sees the course?

A few weeks ago I probably wouldn't have said this, but the 330Rx. I really enjoyed it last time I was out.

Chrome Soft for me.

ProV.. dont know what year, do know not this year model.

Taylormade Tour Preferred (2015): Love these of the irons and wedges. Bit spinny of the driver, and a bit expensive. I'm gaming these the coming rounds, and if I manage to control them off the tee a bit better, I might purchase a few dozen.

Callaway Hex Chrome (2013): Know it's an old model, but found 4 dozen of these for $15,- a dozen, which is a steal for urethane covered balls. They're just a solid overall.

Last edited:
No way I could just play one ball all year unless I had like dozens of them. I find too many premium balls to not play them all.

My main golf balls will be Chrome Soft (although I'm almost out) and B330-S (I think they are 2013 but don't remember.)

I've also got a few SR2 and Srixon to play.

I'm under a tight budget golf wise . So anything really round with dimples . I'm still averaging a birdie for 9 and keeping it under 40 . So in reality it doesn't matter . And in reality for all or most amateurs it shouldn't matter either

i have played courses in the $200 plus range and still used hard pinnacles and did fine

And in reality for all or most amateurs it shouldn't matter either

I totally disagree with this but this isn't the thread.

The golf ball is one of the most important components to one's golf game.

Perfect example for me was the TM Lethal. That ball had no distance for me. No idea why or if I got a bad box but they sucked and I gave them away.

It completely mattered for me and my game...

I totally disagree with this but this isn't the thread.

The golf ball is one of the most important components to one's golf game.

Perfect example for me was the TM Lethal. That ball had no distance for me. No idea why or if I got a bad box but they sucked and I gave them away.

It completely mattered for me and my game...

Your right .. I stay away from the range balls . Those go real short on the course for me ( and yes I tried them out there )

I'm under a tight budget golf wise . So anything really round with dimples . I'm still averaging a birdie for 9 and keeping it under 40 . So in reality it doesn't matter . And in reality for all or most amateurs it shouldn't matter either

i have played courses in the $200 plus range and still used hard pinnacles and did fine

Sorry, but this just isn't true.

been messing with a bunch and probably will switch up periodically for the next month or so but to answer the question the majority of the time will the 2015 Srixon Z Star XV

I'm back and forth between two balls right now:

Bridgestone B330-RX 2014 version
Callaway Chrome Soft 2015 version

Wilson Staff.

I'm cheap so I buy recycled but will try this years and will grab FG Tours when I find a sale. I have a few others still too but 90% of my play will always be Staff.

I'm waiting for things to warm up and the fairway grass to fill in to make a definitive choice. It's a dead heat between two balls for me; '15 Srixon Z-Star and '15 Callaway Chrome Soft. Doubt I could decide on one in a week unless Mother Nature is especially kind.

Working on sorting out just this question. Pro V1x is likely the ball I will play, but I continue to experiment with a few others. I've enjoyed the Chrome Soft in early season cool weather and have a dozen(+3) Srixon Z-Star XV (2015) coming. In the end I am learning there are a lot of great golf balls out there and will be best served to stick with one, particularly for putting and chipping feel. I don't lose many golf balls, so price differential not a big factor. I just need to pick. But experimenting is fun too. :glasses-nerdy:

I bought up a good supply of the 2013 Bridgestone B330-S when they had gone on sale and I'll have those around to last me at least for this year. LOVE EM!

Definitely. Not sure what it will be. But I'm guessing it will be Wilson, and based on limited time with some Wilson balls, I'm betting it will be the FG Tour Ball. Only time will tell.

~Rock

Right now, I'm gaining a Callaway SR3.

I have two dozen of those last. When they're out, I'm probably switching to a chrome soft.

2014 Bridgestone Tour B330

Not sure yet.

Taylormade Tour Preferred: Love these of the irons and wedges. Bit spinny of the driver, and a bit expensive. I'm gaming these the coming rounds, and if I manage to control them off the tee a bit better, I might purchase a few dozen.

Callaway Hex Chrome: Know it's an old model, but found 4 dozen of these for $15,- a dozen, which is a steal for urethane covered balls. They're just a solid overall.

I used to use those but can't seem to come across them when 'restocking', was the 1st ball I really liked

Cold Temps it's the e6 and Duo. Anything above 70 and it's the B330-S.

Gaming the 2015 Callaway Chrome Soft right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back