What happened to Slazenger?

Smokey

Reaction score
What ever happened to Slazenger golf clubs? I have used their tennis equipment before and understand that they were in golf for a period of time and even manufactured clubs for some other brand names...I have seen their cheap full sets for beginners are still for sale, but nothing player oriented from what I can find..just wondering...imo, one of the coolest logos ever too..

Attachments

• IMG_0201.PNG
    IMG_0201.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 7
Dick's Sporting Goods proprietary brand.

I think Dick's owns the brand and makes balls under that name.

Such an iconic brand for so many years, shame they went that way.. idk about you guys, but I think that logo is badass.. I would love a bag from them just for the history and for that logo.. thanks for the replies

I've got an old Slazenger 3 hybrid and 5W in the basement.

Yeah I remember my first exposure to Slazenger was from a tennis standpoint, as I was a pretty good tournament player when I was younger. Tim Henman was sponsored by them while he was playing..I've also seen pictures of Seve with Slazenger logos on his bag..didn't they make the Hogan clubs for a while there?

Back in the mid 90s I played their balata ball when I didn't want to spring for Titleist Tour Balata (they were slightly cheaper if I remember). I wore a Slazenger hat for a year or that started out white and developed a nice dirt patina. I really enjoyed their stuff back then.

I used to play when I was younger.....much younger!

First set of clubs I ever owned were Slazengers.

still see their clothing at dicks

I think that at one point they made a golf ball similar to a Volvik crystal. don't know anything about it, just remember seeing it in a golf magazine or something.

They have some awesome golf pants at Dicks and Golf Galaxy. Comfy and look good.

Yeah I've seen some of their clothing and I like it. Was thinking that some of their older irons would be cool to play at a vintage tourney..bet no one else would have em!

I had a friend who could play who used Slazenger. They were originally English and I assume still do tennis. They had a warehouse in Greenville SC off of the interstate and I think their old ball plant became the MaxFli plant and perhaps now the Taylor Made plant. Cool logo of an bye gone era

Still have a soft spot for them! First golf balls that I ever bought when I picked this game up. Raw Distance to be exact.

They pretty much went the way of quite a few brands over the years, bought up by a big box store and became a house brand.

Still remember watching James Bond Goldfinger and Slazenger was the ball Goldfinger was using. Slazenger 7....

I used their golf balls way back when. Solid stuff

Sent from my SM-G900W8

I remember back in the day when the slazenger black balata was very sought after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The clubs etc were available in pro shops when I was in London last fall. I'm thinking the USA presence is limited to Dicks

They pretty much went the way of quite a few brands over the years, bought up by a big box store and became a house brand.

Still remember watching James Bond Goldfinger and Slazenger was the ball Goldfinger was using. Slazenger 7....

There was a company a few years back that remade the Slazenger sweater that Bond wore in that scene. I'm still kicking myself for not picking one up.

There was a company a few years back that remade the Slazenger sweater that Bond wore in that scene. I'm still kicking myself for not picking one up.
I have looked for his hat. 8d rock that. Found some close, but not quite the same...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back