You have $50k. What car do you buy?

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
Imagine a scenario where someone gives you $50,000.00 to buy a car. The only rule of this gift is the money has to be used for the car (i.e., you cannot buy a $5,000 car and pocket the remainder). As a corollary, you cannot buy a car for cheap and spend $30k on upgrades. You can only write one check. What car would you buy?

*Feel free to throw in a pic so we know what car you're talking about.

A Delorean so I can go back in time and bet on the world series and win alot more than 50k.

F150 and as many upgrade options as I could squeeze in.

1967 Chevelle SS

Almost did this back in the winter to buy a BMW 428 Gran Coupe. But then I decided to be more practical and save $20k by getting a Subaru Legacy.

F250 King Ranch

Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

Fully loaded Mustang GT....or a Pre-owned Shelby...

Almost did this back in the winter to buy a BMW 428 Gran Coupe. But then I decided to be more practical and save $20k by getting a Subaru Legacy.

The 4-series is nice. A little small for me, but nice.

exactly 50K huh? Hmm, that takes out E-class... maybe an Audi A6 or S4 then I guess, though at 50K that would probably be base with no options... hmm, maybe a Volvo S80 well optioned. Problem is I'm not sure how the trunk accommodates golf clubs, which was become my initial yes/no metric when looking at cars nowadays. My lease is up in 1 year, and i'm looking at all 3 of these.

A Delorean so I can go back in time and bet on the world series and win alot more than 50k.
Yeah I hear that the Mr food flux capacitor doesn't come standard.

I'd buy a new 4Runner

Just had to show me up didn't you.

Hahaha! I just read your post. You have editing powers so you can fix it to say "F250 King Ranch like MikeG"

hmm...so many options.

Might go BMW 435. My sister works for BMW and the family discount is pretty nice. I could probably get one fairly fully loaded under 50k after the discount.

1969 Jaguar E-Type Coupe or a 1967 Shelby Cobra Replica

Chevy Silverado Z71 crew cab short box.

I like your style. You feel cramped in the coupe's though...go convertible.

Very cramped but love those Jags! Right side driving too.

i prefer Aston Martin DB5 but there's no way that would be under 50k

1969 Chevy Camaro Z28

Pictures people!

Very cramped but love those Jags! Right side driving too.

i prefer Aston Martin DB5 but there's no way that would be under 50k

Not even close haha. At least not one that runs at all

Fully loaded Explorer

Back