The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Really interested in the take from those that are more "optimistic" about his game. What did you think this weekend? To me he gave us exactly what we have seen over the past 2 years (minus the yips period). He gave us 2 really solid rounds and 2 rounds of average golf. As guys were going low, he was missing fairways and putts and heading the wrong way. Yet during those two solid rounds, he looked sharp with distance control, etc.

I watched Spieth play and it reminded me so much of Tiger with the putter. Everything went in and you just expected every putt inside of 15 feet to find the hole. Now, its every putt has you on the edge of your seat because its a complete guess.

What are your thoughts?

Tiger surprised because he was able to put together two really good rounds. I expected 4 average rounds from him honestly. I'm glad he got the short game back to were it needs to be. It's clear off the tee, he hasn't changed much from what we have seen in the past. Today was really bad, 2 FIR in the final round of major is going to make life difficult. I don't know if there is an injury after today and if that will impact him down the line.

Really interested in the take from those that are more "optimistic" about his game. What did you think this weekend? To me he gave us exactly what we have seen over the past 2 years (minus the yips period). He gave us 2 really solid rounds and 2 rounds of average golf. As guys were going low, he was missing fairways and putts and heading the wrong way. Yet during those two solid rounds, he looked sharp with distance control, etc.

I watched Spieth play and it reminded me so much of Tiger with the putter. Everything went in and you just expected every putt inside of 15 feet to find the hole. Now, its every putt has you on the edge of your seat because its a complete guess.

What are your thoughts?

I thought it was more positive we have seen since 2013 It was inconsistent, but he showed more control with his irons and short game then he has since his run of 5 wins.

Used to be a Tiger fan,but I am growing tired of the if he doesn't win,he's pulled ,broken,or torn something!He's hurt more than most NFL linebackers.
I think the slow mo of the club stopping dead on impact, and the chunk of wood flying up, remove any doubt he caught a root. The extent of the injury as a result is up for debate, but he finished the round. I for one don't swing near as hard as he does, but I know what kind of pain that can cause.

What are your thoughts?

Tiger has to learn to finish again and play free on the weekend with out pressing to make something happen.

We all know what pressing does to our games and it usually isn't pretty.

Of course it was inconsistent. First competitive round in months after missing most of last year. Not sure what more you could expect from anyone dealing with his set of circumstances

What are your thoughts?

For his first tournament back, I think a T17 was pretty decent. I'm usually pretty optimistic about Tiger, but his performance today, especially off the tee, was pathetic. I really hope he can find a way to be more consistent off the tee.

What are your thoughts?

I think I'm a lot more optimistic than you are dude, I saw what I would consider some great chips and putts and a posture that is creating a lot of repeatable swings and will be able to handle the next few years. First real showing of hope in a few years, I know it's still early but I think this swing will hold up, unfortunately he's brought both sides of the course back in play pretty hard and that will be his nemesis for a while. I thought he looked good until today.

Tiger said he will be taking some time off to practice. Thinking come British Open time he will be ready to put on a show. He played well this week, glad to see him back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger said he will be taking some time off to practice. Thinking come British Open time he will be ready to put on a show. He played well this week, glad to see him back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does he miss The Players, Memorial and US open before returning for The Open?

Of course it was inconsistent. First competitive round in months after missing most of last year. Not sure what more you could expect from anyone dealing with his set of circumstances

Personally, I think its very similar each time he has returned. Remember the scandal and the return at Augusta. Same thing really. And now going back away from reps, I just dont understand, but I get that its not priority despite what is being said.

I saw a guy right back to where it was. 2 solid rounds, and 2 average rounds. I think in stretches we saw 3 solid rounds and 1 average or bad round. I think he might get a win in spots at a really familiar track where he does not have to hit driver much, but until something drastically changes, I am not sure we see the "return" that I think many are hoping for (including some of the industry).

I hope for some of his fans sake, he does change the progress.

Personally, I think its very similar each time he has returned. Remember the scandal and the return at Augusta. Same thing really. And now going back away from reps, I just dont understand, but I get that its not priority despite what is being said.

I saw a guy right back to where it was. 2 solid rounds, and 2 average rounds. I think in stretches we saw 3 solid rounds and 1 average or bad round. I think he might get a win in spots at a really familiar track where he does not have to hit driver much, but until something drastically changes, I am not sure we see the "return" that I think many are hoping for (including some of the industry).

I agree. The Tiger of old is just that. He physically just can't be that same person. He's not the longest, not the best putter and the rest of the tour doesn't fear him. Do I hang on to the hope that the dominant tiger returns? Of course. Do I think it'll happen? No. But I want to see him win at least one more major before he's done

I don't think he should be taking anymore time off, play some damn competitive golf and get back into the swing of things. He's gotta stop with the screwing around with every freakin part of his swing, I would love to walk into his house and kick the crap out of all the yes men he surrounds himself with and tell him to just go play golf.

Used to be a Tiger fan,but I am growing tired of the if he doesn't win,he's pulled ,broken,or torn something!He's hurt more than most NFL linebackers.

I missed the interview where Tiger blamed his play this week on an injury. Do you have a link to that story?

What I saw this weekend, especially Sunday, was the old Tiger attitude come out. On Sunday he didn't look like he was having fun and playing golf. It looked like a grind and he'd rather be elsewhere. Until he enjoys golf and knows his limitations, he'll be the same as the last 5 or so years.

He needs to keep the upbeat attitude and stay laid back.

I think the slow mo of the club stopping dead on impact, and the chunk of wood flying up, remove any doubt he caught a root. The extent of the injury as a result is up for debate, but he finished the round. I for one don't swing near as hard as he does, but I know what kind of pain that can cause.

Yeah seriously.

I'm all for the 'wah Tiger' posts after he grabs at his back randomly in a round one, but I challenge anyone who thinks he's full of whatever to go swing that hard on a root and tell me you don't come out of it thinking something is all kinds of broken.

He absolutely gets the benefit of the doubt in my books after the slow mo. Hopefully it's nothing serious. While I felt he has lost some of his edge, I see the weekend rounds as a step in the right direction.

Sure there were no fireworks on Sunday, but just keep in mind that Tiger beat a TON of really good golfers this weekend while coming off an extended layoff and the deepest slump of his career.

Do we see him again at the Players? Or is he all about the U.S. Open now?

Sure there were no fireworks on Sunday, but just keep in mind that Tiger beat a TON of really good golfers this weekend while coming off an extended layoff and the deepest slump of his career.

Do we see him again at the Players? Or is he all about the U.S. Open now?

I've got to give him credit. I didn't see him making the weekend let alone be talked about with a real potential of into the thick of the tournament after round 3.

My guess is he plays Memorial and then the US Open. The Players is only a few weeks out so my guess is he waits to play Jacks tournament.

What are your thoughts?

To be honest, his play this week was better than I expected. Tiger is past an age where athletes take a decline and slowly fade away. Seeing the Foley swing and the chipping disaster his play at Augusta exceeded what I thought he would do. I thought that he wouldn't make the cut or if he did he wouldn't be in contention and we would see him w/d. Not seeing him grab his back or limp around was a success to me. As for his putting, the past 3 years watching him hit a 3 footer seems tense and if it drops a sign or relief is on his face and mine. He still has a long way to go if he is going to win a major but this is a positive step for him.

To be honest, his play this week was better than I expected. Tiger is past an age where athletes take a decline and slowly fade away. Seeing the Foley swing and the chipping disaster his play at Augusta exceeded what I thought he would do. I thought that he wouldn't make the cut or if he did he wouldn't be in contention and we would see him w/d. Not seeing him grab his back or limp around was a success to me. As for his putting, the past 3 years watching him hit a 3 footer seems tense and if it drops a sign or relief is on his face and mine. He still has a long way to go if he is going to win a major but this is a positive step for him.

My thoughts exactly, especially given the last 2tournaments he entered.
He'll never be what he was but it's not like he stunk up the course either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to see Tiger play respectably this week.

Can we assume his glutes are firing now?

The wireless headphone mystery has been solved! ! Hehe. It's a decent price.

f847b52a6e4935ec9d1d0b25dfb53ea7.jpg

The wireless headphone mystery has been solved! ! Hehe. It's a decent price.

f847b52a6e4935ec9d1d0b25dfb53ea7.jpg
and also explains why he was wearing them

The guy who has made one cut in 3 starts this year & earned 155k, has committed to play in The Players Championship :laughing:

That was a bit of no brainer
The guy who has made one cut in 3 starts this year & earned 155k, has committed to play in The Players Championship :laughing:

Back