Death and Taxes, 2014 version

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
So how did you do?

Just finished mine. Every year I expect the worst so I wait until the end. But every year I come out where I don't owe, and get a few hundred to a grand back.

Same thing this year. About $600 from Federal and $400 from Kansas. Love being able to deduct a bunch off my insurance business (mileage, parts each of utilities, property tax on my vehicle,real estate taxes, internet - but not cable, and other things). It's almost sad how little my insurance business adds to my income once I do all the deductions! Good thing I work a lot at the golf course!

I definitely don't want to owe (even though if you paid at least 90% of what you owe in tax you won't get penalized) but I also hate to get a ton back.

Suppose I need to get that federal e-filed tonight! I'll mail Kansas in, since I don't like paying the extra to e-file the state. (Federal is free)

It's already ear-marked for spending, as it covers our house insurance that is due in May and gives us a few bucks left over!

I've got my appointment to have mine done tomorrow. I've had to pay the last few years, so I changed my deductions to S0 even though I'm married with 3 kids to try to keep it from happening again. I also didn't know how the whole Affordable Healthcare Act figures in, since now they put your cost of health insurance policy on your W2 now, so I don't know whether paying $14k in insurance between me and my employer is going to help or hurt me.

I'll find out tomorrow though.

My wife is an auditor , so she has been pulling her hair out since January :) . Give some love to the people doing your taxes , they deserve it

I do my own. H&R Block Premium software. Took me about three hours. Helps when you keep good records.

Getting back from both this year. Not much, but it'll make paying off our debt that much quicker. Goal is to be credit card debt free by the time summer is over, and have both cars paid off by end of next year.

Had to send more info today to our accountant so I still don't know what the damages are. We live in the highest income tax state in the country so we always get killed with both of us working. In a few years we will be happily retired in Florida and Minnesota and won't have to pay the crazy 9.3% income tax on any income over $40k.

still haven't done mine........

Got mine done on software as I have had problems with the last 2 auditors. It's easier this way, ensured the best results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money back from both. We got money back last year, too, finally, and I adjusted my W4 some to balance it out. However, I got a raise and that screwed it up and I ended up getting money back again. Not going to complain too hard, though, as our pool needs a new liner....we need four windows replaced in the house....etc etc

Got back a little from each. Enough to cover Savannah Invitational, GA / FL Gethering and yearly course membership.

Death and Taxes, 2014 version

Mailing my check for just over two grand today. Smallest extra we've owed in four years. Taxes shouldn't be so complicated. #fairtax

Taxes shall not be spoken of in my house after what I have to pay...

Bought a house last year, and over here some costs that come with getting a mortgage are deductibles on your income tax, so for the first time of my life I get money back instead of having to pay. Will probably end up to be between $ 4.500,- and $ 5.000,-.

the last couple years after making some adjustments to w4 i have received back a little over 1k from both.

I do ok from federal. End up having to pay in 2 stinking dollars to state.

I owe $1648 Federal (we don't have state).

Had best year in a while, mainly thanks to kid entering college. !0% I think overall income tax paid out.

My worst year ever, I hope the free loaders enjoy another year of contributing nothing.

I owe a bundle this year due to some unwithheld income from financial transactions.

Not happy, but if you owe taxes, it means you're making money.

Got a refund from Federal, State and property taxes. I did mine back in February. I do have to amend my taxes because I found out I can right off the last year of my tuition so I should be getting even more back.

Taxes shall not be spoken of in my house after what I have to pay...

It could be worse, Texas has no state income tax. We paid 10% of income in state taxes last year. I can't wait to move to Florida.

I owed a whole crap load last year. This year I was a little aggressive in my qurterlys and had some nice deductions and ended up getting a big chunk back.

Beware the Ides of April!

I re-did mine last night since I realized that I goofed the first time. Ended up with a net $80 from federal+state which is down about $300 from the past few years. Was hoping that it would pay for the Pittsburgh trip..oh well, it just means that I put my money to good use during the year instead of trusting the government with it.

Back